Demons hoping to lure Ball by offering him the vice-captainc

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Tipster

One of the best threads I have read on this forum, Milton66 & Mr Magic - love the passion!! The days of receiving hand-me-down players from the Blues, Hawks & Filths of this world is over!!!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
Milton66 wrote:Luke, needs to take a long look at whom he was listening to.
Cutting the apron strings would be a good start.....
Posted this when he got dropped... his family was upset that he wasn't getting enough game time. Good source fom Luke's mum.

As for the reasons why he got dropped, I am unsure.
Because his 'base fitness' was disappearing with every game he played.
My understanding was that he needed about 3 days after each game to 'recover'. He therefore couldn't train for much of the week and that reduced his 'base fitness' so that he could pnly spend less time on the ground actually playing,

The week he was 'dropped' Sandringham had a bye and the fitness staff gave him intensive training to try and get more 'base fitness' into him.
They then decided to give him another week of intense training and allow him to play at Sandringham, where the intensity was not the same as an AFL game and therefore he wouldn't need the same 3 days to 'recover'. By playing at Sandringham he at least continued to get 'match fitness'.

I'm not sure what happened for the next 2-3 weeks after that - maybe they felt he needed more training.

The truth is that he wasn't physically capable od playing more 'game time'.

And to use that as an 'excudse' now seems farcical to me.