System failed Ball, says players union

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BallBanger
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:Ball failed the system
Not sure about that. He never said no to going to a club, just no deal could be done by the clubs. Thats life. He moves on we move on.
Not sure whether the system has been unkind to him as he has earned $600 big ones over the last 3 yrs...a grade payment for b grade output but of course injuries have cruelled him.

He's a great ambassador to have at the club, lets hope he stays and raises his fitness levels to enable him to run the lines

Winmarvellous
Club Player

The system worked. If it was free agency, Luke would be at the Pies. It's not. And I hope St Kilda offer A LOT less than previously. I really don't care if he walks to be honest. Hope he ends up at Melbourne. Serve him right for trying to bend us over for his own ends. I'm sure if he wasn't after an unfair amount of money for his input a few other clubs would have happily traded for him. Too bad Luke. You chose to go up against the St Kilda Football Club and came off second best.