Our list has been weakened

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Maxstar22
Club Player

I mentioned in a post that we had to look at the bigger picture and you asked me what that picture was.....

Maybe I have lost the plot...but my opinion still stands :P

S.A Saint
Club Player

Maxstar22 wrote:I mentioned in a post that we had to look at the bigger picture and you asked me what that picture was.....

haha you sure have :wink: :wink: ...i think your post was should have been directed at op were he stated that this was the worst trade period ever for us....by the i agree with ya....

Maxstar22
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:
Maxstar22 wrote:I mentioned in a post that we had to look at the bigger picture and you asked me what that picture was.....

haha you sure have :wink: :wink: ...i think your post was should have been directed at op were he stated that this was the worst trade period ever for us....by the i agree with ya....
Lol - it's been a loooong week :shock:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our list has been weakened

DownAtTheJunction wrote:OUT: Hudgton, X Clarke and Ball Maguire likely
These are heart and soul players - and so difficult to replace.
I have no problems with Lyon's game plan - it is delivering, but we have lost (or are losing) players who have bled for the club.
Our in box is light on. Although Lovett should be good - he will be 27 soon, and Peake is at the least a controversial pick and an older pick too.
If Xavier is OK then receiving pick 60 in return is a joke.
I shudder to think what we are going to get for Luke Ball?
This, I believe is our worst trading effort in many years
Kristian Bardsley bled for the club, I thank him but we're infinately better without him.

S.A Saint
Club Player

Maxstar22 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Lol - it's been a loooong week :shock:
not over yet... :evil:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Let's be realistic, the total number of games played this season between X, Max and Goose is 7 and all of those games belong to Max.
I am sad to see X go, but he has hardly been on the football field for the last 2 seasons, which is probably why we got pick 60 for him.
Unfortunately for Luke, he has no penetration with his kicks anymore, and I am sad to see him go.
Based on all 4's input into our best home and away season, we have lost 4 players who may have between them contributed a couple of goals to the team, and have gained players who can provide us with between 30-40 goals next year.
Big plus in my opinion.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.