Thank you Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Xavier boy, allowed to finish his schooling and play for his school at the expense of the club.

Looked after through his problems with OP.

Paid over the odds for years.

Now wants to play for Collingwood?

Let him go anywhere, but not Collingwood.

Very disappointed Mr Ball.
Good point about allowing him to finish his schooling. Didnt he play cricket for his school team.

If you see my previous posts, I was backing him all the way.

Now I am pissed off with him.

He is going for money, because he couldnt accept the pay cut.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
Hes actually taking less money with the pies.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5783067248

Money is irrelevant.

You turncoats make me ill.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
saintpeter
Club Player

One of my favourite players. Great courage and skill. Shame he wants to leave, but I wish him all te best.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Hes actually taking less money with the pies.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5783067248

Money is irrelevant.

You turncoats make me ill.
Careful, son.

1. If you are going to quote me, quote my full post, don't selectively choose what you want to quote. Journalism 101.

2. Read all my posts before you call me anything. I was a supporter of Luke Ball. If you read all my posts including some of my posts tonight, you would see that.

3. Don't mind constructive criticism but don't like impulsive posts. Don't quote me and call me something you may regret.

4. Be very very careful.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

would you like a thin veil with that threat?

Seriously mate get over yourself.

im not looking for a fight, just setting the facts straight for those of you who are too quick on the draw.

Yes, you are correct, turncoat is probably too strong a word.
How about reactive?

Stop being so dammed reactive.

Take a breath and get the facts.

Better?

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:would you like a thin veil with that threat?

im not looking for a fight, just setting the facts straight for those of you who are too quick on the draw.

How about reactive?

Better?
Reread my posts and then make your call.

I've been on here a lot longer than you and have the respect of the forum.

You made a call on me and I reacted, hence the term reactive. Don't tell me what to do.

Take a breath before you call someone a turncoat. I'm not your mate.

And get the facts about the person before you react hastily.

I'm sure there are many posters who know that it takes a lot to get my back up. If you have been on the forum you would know that I am a calm poster with a sense of humour and balance.

But your lack of knowledge and impulsive posting pissed me off.

Goodnight.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:I'm disappointed you're leaving but thanks for your service to the club.

He bled for us on more than one occasion and anyone having a go at him should look at this video clip (particularly the end).

WHy would you revert to a meaningless GT montage?!?!

Yeah, thanks, Bally... thanks for TURNING YOUR BACK ON THE CLUB!

This warm and fuzzy sentiment for Ball makes me sick.

You can go and curl up in your cozy doonas and listen to wimpy bands like Coldplay all you want.

NOT HAPPY, BALL :x

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Really!

Where was the poll?

Another opportunity awaits!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

so long Bally ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
groupie1
Club Player

The point of this thread was to thank Luke Ball for his service at the club, and that was a noble idea.
Here, here, I say: Luke, thanks mate, you gave it your all, and if not for the OP it wouldn't have come to this. All the best, Luke.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:The point of this thread was to thank Luke Ball for his service at the club, and that was a noble idea.
Here, here, I say: Luke, thanks mate, you gave it your all, and if not for the OP it wouldn't have come to this. All the best, Luke.
A player turns their back on the club, nominates C*llingw**d as the club they want to play for and you thank them?

Sorry, but they obviously weren't real deal in the end.

And once again, THANKS FOR NOTHING, BALLY.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Luke Ball was one of my favorite players at the club, but I support the St Kilda football club and he doesn't want to be here so......See ya later and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

anyone keen on an all australian scanlens card ...signed??? NOT!

good luck bally
all the best mate

8-) 8-)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Where did Ball finish in the B & F?

Did he manage a top 15 placing?

Afterall he is a midfielder!

Yeah thanks Luke, thanks for taking $600,000 for a couple of years for minimal effectiveness and not signing the new contract offered in June, more reflective of your standing in the team and then for choosing Collingwood as the club you want to continue playing with.

Thanks a lot, Luke!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:geez i understand that we are all worked up about this, but to borrow a phrase- Fair Dinkum!

The way I see it, Luke is firmly wedged between a rock and a hard place, on an asskicking to nowhere etc.

It is obvious that despite the peanut laden 3 year deal- Ross obviously has issue/issues with the way Ball plays his football, and therefore would struggle to get a regular gig in the seniors.

He only has to look as far as Matt Maguire to see that this is not a good prospect. ie- once you are on the shitelist, its very hard to get off it.

Im stunned that some on here bring into question Balls character.
The guy has poured buckets of blood sweat and tears into our club- have a think before you go shooting your mouth off.
I like it, well said.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:geez i understand that we are all worked up about this, but to borrow a phrase- Fair Dinkum!

The way I see it, Luke is firmly wedged between a rock and a hard place, on an asskicking to nowhere etc.

It is obvious that despite the peanut laden 3 year deal- Ross obviously has issue/issues with the way Ball plays his football, and therefore would struggle to get a regular gig in the seniors.

He only has to look as far as Matt Maguire to see that this is not a good prospect. ie- once you are on the shitelist, its very hard to get off it.

The guy has poured buckets of blood sweat and tears into our club- have a think before you go shooting your mouth off.
I like it, well said.
Plenty of sweat and tears may have soaked into the bench pine. As for blood, I suspect that's from splinters in his arse.

Couldn't give a stuff if he's the nicest bloke in the world. I want a flag. That means ruthlessness with mature players - however brave - who can't kick or run and who are overpaid and who underachieve for whatever reason.

All this sickly sentiment is so misplaced.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

n1ck wrote:

The way I see it, Luke is firmly wedged between a rock and a hard place.........

It is obvious that despite the peanut laden 3 year deal- Ross obviously has issues with the way Ball plays his football, and therefore would struggle to get a regular gig in the seniors.

He only has to look as far as Matt Maguire to see that this is not a good prospect...........

The guy has poured buckets of blood sweat and tears into our club..........
I like it, well said.
+2 :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Tue 06 Oct 2009 5:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So nIck and MCGunit, I take it that you both agree that Ross indulges in a "list" of players that he likes to leave languishing in the VFL with no real hope of getting back into the team?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I am a great fan of Ross Lyon. Huge fan.

Im disappointed Luke feels that the best thing for his career is to leave the club, but I can understand it after his last few years.

Im sorry to see him go. He gave his all for the RW&B.

Lennon
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
groupie1 wrote:The point of this thread was to thank Luke Ball for his service at the club, and that was a noble idea.
A player turns their back on the club, nominates C*llingw**d as the club they want to play for and you thank them?

Sorry, but they obviously weren't real deal in the end.

And once again, THANKS FOR NOTHING, BALLY.
Ball doesn't owe you anything, you know.

Because he will now continue his career elsewhere, doesn't change the fact he played some great football for the Saints. Will always love Luke Ball. Thanks Luke.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Yes thankyou Luke Ball for chasing less dollars in your desire to leave St kilda and play for the filth and their feral army of toothless, blow up doll worshippers!

Yeah thanks a lot Luke!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Really!

Where was the poll?
I'm running a poll to bring back your old avatar, Moccha.

It makes your posts much more readable :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:would you like a thin veil with that threat?

How about reactive?

Better?
Reread my posts and then make your call.

You made a call on me and I reacted, hence the term reactive. Don't tell me what to do.

Take a breath before you call someone a turncoat. I'm not your mate.

And get the facts about the person before you react hastily.

I'm sure there are many posters who know that it takes a lot to get my back up. If you have been on the forum you would know that I am a calm poster with a sense of humour and balance.

But your lack of knowledge and impulsive posting pissed me off.

Goodnight.
Not my argument, but I'll back you up on this. You are everything you say you are.

Although I've just witnessed a touch of vintage Milty in your posting. Are you sure we're not related? :lol:

cheers.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Lennon
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Yes thankyou Luke Ball for chasing less dollars in your desire to leave St kilda and play for the filth and their feral army of toothless, blow up doll worshippers!

Yeah thanks a lot Luke!
So. Obviously the problem is he's unhappy at St Kilda - for whatever reason. If you're unhappy in your workplace, you would think it perfectly acceptable to leave.

And don't give me the old "football is different" bulltish. Players are expected to be loyal to their club, but it's no two-way street, is it?

"The club is always bigger than the individual". No player is ever shown loyalty by their club if it doesn't suit the club to do so.

Ask poor ol Goose Maguire, promised by the head coach he'd play his hundredth game this year. That game looks like it will have to come at Essendon.

Ask Max.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Lennon wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Yes thankyou Luke Ball for chasing less dollars in your desire to leave St kilda and play for the filth and their feral army of toothless, blow up doll worshippers!

Yeah thanks a lot Luke!
So. Obviously the problem is he's unhappy at St Kilda - for whatever reason. If you're unhappy in your workplace, you would think it perfectly acceptable to leave.

And don't give me the old "football is different" bulltish. Players are expected to be loyal to their club, but it's no two-way street, is it?

"The club is always bigger than the individual". No player is ever shown loyalty by their club if it doesn't suit the club to do so.

Ask poor ol Goose Maguire, promised by the head coach he'd play his hundredth game this year. That game looks like it will have to come at Essendon.

Ask Max.
Actually Goose would have played his 100th against Hawthorn but did his hamstring at training the Thursday before. Besides I saw quite a few of Sandy's games live this year and Goose was no where near AFL standard. He is slow and cannot turn quickly[/b]