Seize the day Armo...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Opportunity has presented itself, up to him to make something out of it...it's not a given, he has to work for it.
Exactly right

Needs to be shackled to Lenny Hayes for the entire preseason and shown what commitment, hard work, fitness and gut running is all about.

No doubt he has the ability to be a permanent part of our midfield, his high draft status shows that, but the question marks still hang over his work ethic and willingness to get his fitness to a elite AFL midfielder level

Crunch year for Armo imo..if he treads water in '10 he's in trouble

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
SainterK wrote:Opportunity has presented itself, up to him to make something out of it...it's not a given, he has to work for it.
Exactly right

Needs to be shackled to Lenny Hayes for the entire preseason and shown what commitment, hard work, fitness and gut running is all about.

No doubt he has the ability to be a permanent part of our midfield, his high draft status shows that, but the question marks still hang over his work ethic and willingness to get his fitness to a elite AFL midfielder level

Just imagining Hayes walking through the group at first day at training, pacing straight up to Armo and Steven, looking them both in the eyes - "Boys... You're coming with Me!"

Love it! 8-)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Exactly right

I reckon we're about to find out what drives David Armitage

A premiership
or
A return home to the Gold Coast

It's now totally up to him.

He's received a 'gift wrapped opportunity' that many champions never did. An opportunity to play in a Premiership side.

He should send Luke Ball and Paul Connors a 'thank you card'.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Armo should have been played for the rest of the season from the Tassie game, the advantage over Ball is that he can slot a goal from a good distance, and there's nothing wrong with his defensive efforts and sure as a young player he will be up and down, but obviously RL is in no hurry and is happy to get Armo and Steven ready for 2010

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bump

S.A Saint
Club Player

thirty-seven!? wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Exactly right

Just imagining Hayes walking through the group at first day at training, pacing straight up to Armo and Steven, looking them both in the eyes - "Boys... You're coming with Me!"

Love it! 8-)
got the shivers reading that part...could just picture it

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:I'm still not convinced about this guy. Like Jack Steven a LOT more.
agree - but armo has one year to increase the offer from GC, so maybe he'll play like a man possessed :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Surprised to hear questions about his defensive ability...

This is a guy who had 26 tackles in three games...

Also remember that he was never given a real chance, his first game he was the leader of the 'b' team, and his second and third games were our only losses in the home and away season.

Every player on the field was down those two days, I would have liked to see how Armitage would have fit into our team in one of the days we were truly up and about, such as our early smashing of Collingwood.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Well as long as we have a player whose is committed to success for himself and the club.

yipper
SS Life Member

S.A Saint wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Exactly right

Love it! 8-)
got the shivers reading that part...could just picture it
Absolutely. And just quietly, I think this is exactly what will happen. Probably have Brendan Goddard tag along behind them just in case they start to drop off!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I hope Lenny also reminds Armo & Jack that they will need to leap-frog over Rob Eddy & Jaryn Geary & possibly a few others too !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

2010 - Year of the Geary, the Armo and the Steven.

The improvement from this group will be the difference next year.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Armo now knows that there is a spot available....or rather up for grabs.

That should provide some extra motivation for him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Armo now knows that there is a spot available....or rather up for grabs.

That should provide some extra motivation for him.
yes, go get 'em armo

saintjake
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
xander wrote:Armo showed this year what he can do. Next year will be his big year. Go Armo!!!
Did he? Didn't play many games.

Personally I think Jack Steven is a better prospect.
pretty hard to get in a 20-2 team mate, the game he did play he had roughly 20 touches, 10 tackles, and i think kicked a goal
(all very rough) and got 3 brownlow votes.
the kid can play

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
xander wrote:Armo showed this year what he can do. Next year will be his big year. Go Armo!!!
Did he? Didn't play many games.

Personally I think Jack Steven is a better prospect.
pretty hard to get in a 20-2 team mate, the game he did play he had roughly 20 touches, 10 tackles, and i think kicked a goal
(all very rough) and got 3 brownlow votes.
the kid can play
And spent most of the last Q on the bench with a corkie !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Come on all you Jack Steven fans. Armo played his first game for the season against Hawthorn, 3 Brownlow votes. Steven was in the same game. Geta grip. Steven is well behind Armo at this stage.

DWOODROW
Club Player

He knows what's required this year. Expecting big things from the big fella.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:He knows what's required this year. Expecting big things from the big fella.
Just curious as to what some of his issues have been in the past, obviously you don't have to answer anything.

But what seems to have filtered out from the club is that he didn't have a big enough tank and didn't push himself enough?

As far as you are aware is this the case? Has David accepted this criticism and tried to fix it, if so how long did it take?

Or is it simply a case of Ross Lyon's four year apprenticeship theory...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
DWOODROW
Club Player

well if his visit up here a few weeks ago was anything to go by his fitness or tank as some put it, won't be a problem. He'll be right. Some just take longer than others. He;s a great kid and I can't wait for him to get going.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Remember also, he didn't do a proper pre season, that will make a big difference. Goodluck Armo.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
yipper
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:well if his visit up here a few weeks ago was anything to go by his fitness or tank as some put it, won't be a problem. He'll be right. Some just take longer than others. He;s a great kid and I can't wait for him to get going.
One real tough bugger he is. Looking forward to seeing him take his chance to become a top AFL player. Accurate and "long" kick at goal and a strong tackler. Will be a good replacement for Ball.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

During the season the Saints spent a day at Wodonga. My son and I went to see them at The Raiders ground, then we went to Gloria Jeans for a coffee. 3 minutes later, Kosi, Roo, Gilbo, Armo, and a couple of others came in. My son was madly taking photos for the proprietoress (a mad Saints supporter), and I got a photo taken with Armo. For some reason he was the only one there I wanted my photo with. I already have photos with Lenny, Harvs, Luke Ball, and my wife and Roo. I suppose Armo must be one of my favourites now.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:well if his visit up here a few weeks ago was anything to go by his fitness or tank as some put it, won't be a problem. He'll be right. Some just take longer than others. He;s a great kid and I can't wait for him to get going.
Great, nothing worse than seeing a talented player let themselves down by not being willing to put in the work, it's great to hear he is doing everything possible.

Let him know that all saints fans are behind him 100%, for his sake and the clubs sake he needs to do everything possible to give him the best chance at succeeding.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Come on Armoo pull up your socks and help us win the flag in 2010!