Ross on 3AW - reports

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Hope he didnt mention what stupid comments I said to him on Saturday night.
come clean with it now. what did you say?
I had a few. probably more than a few and was suggesting what moves they could have made during tha last quarter. He was fine about it and was having a bit of a laugh and suggesting I apply for a coaching position next year. So it isnt just me who is sarcastic.
maybe he meant it :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Hope he didnt mention what stupid comments I said to him on Saturday night.
come clean with it now. what did you say?
I had a few. probably more than a few and was suggesting what moves they could have made during tha last quarter. He was fine about it and was having a bit of a laugh and suggesting I apply for a coaching position next year. So it isnt just me who is sarcastic.
maybe he meant it :wink:
He would have meant it if he said can you please piss off.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.esnips.com/doc/e073a720-fc0f ... er-GF-2009

see if that works
windows media player wont play it but quicktime will
Last edited by matrix on Wed 30 Sep 2009 9:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:http://www.esnips.com/doc/e073a720-fc0f ... er-GF-2009

see if that works
bad link

3AW usually have Sports Tonight episode up the next day - will wait and see- several stations appear to have sent their podcast / technicians of on holiday- not updating at all. MMM are still back at week one of the finals and SEN are slack as well.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the post and transcription, saintbrat.

I remember SEN reporting that Zac was late to Thursday's training and had know idea why. I guess that is clarified now.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:http://www.esnips.com/doc/e073a720-fc0f ... er-GF-2009

see if that works
bad link

3AW usually have Sports Tonight episode up the next day - will wait and see- several stations appear to have sent their podcast / technicians of on holiday- not updating at all. MMM are still back at week one of the finals and SEN are slack as well.
god friggin damn it
should recorded it as a vid near the speaker and not a voice recordeing 'coulda chucked it up on utube
friggin spewing
was a good interview

Badlands
Club Player

many thanks for the transcription saintsbrat - much appreciated.
Rossy is all class.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:if your still listening this guy mario HATES lyon and expreses that regulalry on SEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

why do the RAPH Haters always get online >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FN FN FN FN FN FN FN FN sdhlgjkaehbdmn
So is that certain poster who boycotted SEN going to not listen to 3AW as well. Maybe they should stop going to the footy as well, or never vote. :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
:?: Max match up? see article,=R:- no naive article , he'd only played 7 games too much of a risk- Zac had been unwell - on a drip and two hour solids till he got through warm up. Max at his fittest yes BUT limited prep, Dempster other option in that position.
Great write up.

However more on this is that Geary WOULD have played if Zac had not come up.

Indeed Ross explained in reference to Max that Ross had misgivings that the selected team was too tall....and then indicated that if Zac had not have played that they would have gone with Geary.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
lefty
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
:?: Max match up? see article,=R:- no naive article , he'd only played 7 games too much of a risk- Zac had been unwell - on a drip and two hour solids till he got through warm up. Max at his fittest yes BUT limited prep, Dempster other option in that position.
Great write up.

However more on this is that Geary WOULD have played if Zac had not come up.

Indeed Ross explained in reference to Max that Ross had misgivings that the selected team was too tall....and then indicated that if Zac had not have played that they would have gone with Geary.
Geary over Armo... meh I dont know if that would of been the right thing, if anything you'd choose max to play to replace zac. Oh wells, if this, if that, doesnt matter now :P

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:However more on this is that Geary WOULD have played if Zac had not come up.

Geary over Armo... meh I dont know if that would of been the right thing, if anything you'd choose max to play to replace zac.
you wouldn't choose max to replace zac if you thought the team was already too tall - doesn't help on that front.

geary ahead of armo? the point of difference between them is that geary gives more run, so i guess that's an indicator as to why we haven't seen much armo this year. needs to get more run and carry into his legs, i think.

Milton66
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
lefty wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:However more on this is that Geary WOULD have played if Zac had not come up.

Geary over Armo... meh I dont know if that would of been the right thing, if anything you'd choose max to play to replace zac.
you wouldn't choose max to replace zac if you thought the team was already too tall - doesn't help on that front.

geary ahead of armo? the point of difference between them is that geary gives more run, so i guess that's an indicator as to why we haven't seen much armo this year. needs to get more run and carry into his legs, i think.
Exactly.

Funny how people ignore what RL said... MAx if 100% fit, then yes. In other words, MAx wasn't fit. But people will still argue that they'd replace Zac with Max.

Once again, what's with the Armo love-fest. He played 3 games. Geary played heaps more.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
lendog heaven
Club Player

thanks for that brat!!

Tramps like us.............
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Just had this interview translated by both the FBI and Scotland Yard. Here is what they REALLY made of certain parts of the interview (see comments in bold):

:?: any particular part of game you looked at = R Geelong lifted and took opportunity -we did alot right and they persisted- ( he's on the eastern freeway)
Heading back from a chat with Carlton. No real need to head down the Eastern Freeway from Moorabbin to Templestowe

:?: what immediate thoughts =R:didn't read the papers, cats celebrating and it twisted knife had the morning at Etihad- hadn't slept much( bed at 5 am)and only 3 drinks , wasn't easier, brutal end to season but proud of way they played and show they put on
Didn't read the papers, but read Rohans article? Using the pain to plot for next year.

:?: who played well- R: Gram, hayes, baker, dal under heavy tag- corky in 2nd, Ball, schneider, Roo. Kosi, hayes never gave up- we had opportunity, but they took their opportunities. did not rotate the backs as usual
Kosi won't be traded for Fevola

Max was never in the equation and Goose is unlikely to get a spot in the team next year barring injury.

:?: medium forward deficiency- Nathan Brown? ==R: agree on void and would like to play Goddard, drafted for it with Cahill LYnch and Heyne- but still coming on- only kicked 15 goals less than Cats for year, lot of opportunities. hadn't thought of Brown
Not a hope in hell of drafting Nathan Brown

:?: Fev named saints-= R: aware of his saying saints- reviewing list and know of his saintly history , on the table but all new info but not something they have considered,
deliberately too players 18 and under last year- happy to keep the list together- not a lot of room in cap- will sit and look at every player available
We won't be playing games with Carlton and we won't be taking on Fev's $750,000 contract. We will take him, but at the right price so don't mess around as we are not interested in playing games.

:?: Ball- R: met with players and sent them away with programs, Luke had a difficult period and measurable things to work on Started him in centre square for G/F ( show of confidence and support)- contract offered- , unless anything different he is required and has said he wishes to stay . Delivered as asked with his work .
Luke Ball ain't going anywhere.

:?: Matty Maguire= R: discussions held a long way out from end of season , picked for Hawks game but injured in last session and then difficult to get him in, no ones asking about his position ( trade) -HE IS required. Difficult to know can he really get going again- well respected and member of the group and will chat with him, contract will be different= he is happy to Stay
Happy to trade Goose to Carlton in exchange for Fev. Goose not likely to stay.

:?: use the result for /as positive when they come back = R: Bottom line is the team had improved, individuals improved, systems improved - improved by along way,
some suggest a wasted year- NO WAY extremely negative- poor comment. learn your lessons and improve- can use it but not as yet inapportiate don't need to not throw baby out with bathwater
Warning to the rest of the competition that we are mad as hell and will channel that energy to kick some butt next year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/ly ... 58278.html
''We worked really closely [during the season] and the things we wanted him to work on were measurable and he got back and we started him in the centre square bounce for the grand final,'' Lyon said. ''Luke's a fantastic kid and I was really proud of his efforts on the weekend and he delivered what we asked him to.

''We've invested a lot in Luke, Luke's invested a lot in the club and as far as I know
  • Matthew Drain has put a [new] contract offer to Luke and he's a required player.''

Matt Maguire, who did not play a senior game this season, is also a required player, according to Lyon.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Schillaci
Club Player

Thanks saintbrat.

Ross Lyon continues to impress.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

It's all been said before bu RL is going form strength to strength. He struggled with the media a little at the start but lately he has really given me great confidence in his leadership, toughness with the players, plan for the club/team, and his football brain. As a supporter I'm very happy to have him there.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/ly ... 58278.html
''We worked really closely [during the season] and the things we wanted him to work on were measurable and he got back and we started him in the centre square bounce for the grand final,'' Lyon said. ''Luke's a fantastic kid and I was really proud of his efforts on the weekend and he delivered what we asked him to.

''We've invested a lot in Luke, Luke's invested a lot in the club and as far as I know
  • Matthew Drain has put a [new] contract offer to Luke and he's a required player.''

Matt Maguire, who did not play a senior game this season, is also a required player, according to Lyon.
He is a required player unless offered something of value for him. The fact that there is no contract in front of him and the fact that Ross said in the interview that he 'doesn't know how he will perform' or 'no one has been beating down our door' speaks volumes.

If there is interest and someone that Ross sees of value to the team is put on the table as a trade, Goose will go unfortunately.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Very glad to see that he said he'd like to play BJ up forward. Time to do it, if we don't get Fev.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Very glad to see that he said he'd like to play BJ up forward. Time to do it, if we don't get Fev.
Yes he would "like to" BUT he also said that he needs him in the midfield more.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Very glad to see that he said he'd like to play BJ up forward. Time to do it, if we don't get Fev.
Yes he would "like to" BUT he also said that he needs him in the midfield more.
might be time to take a punt on a kid like lynch and hope that he's a quick study because the lack of a goal-kicker in that position is a weakness imo.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I was speaking to Savatage outside Gate 7 in the hours before the bounce and this bloke with an eye patch overheard us talking about Zac.

According to him, not only was Zac on the drip the night before the game, he was on it from 9am-10:30 on the morning of the game. Spewing up for hours, Zac couldn't keep his food down.

Max was on standby but Ross Lyon was incredibly determined to get Zac.

Turns out the bloke with an eye-patch, a keen Bombers' fan, was Zac's cousin.
Last edited by evertonfc on Thu 01 Oct 2009 4:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Geary was warming up with the group in the rooms and I thought he was going to actually play, Max was in a suit.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Finally- and I've listened before posting this time

about an hour in
http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/30 ... _Today.mp3

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY