Today has been worse!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

No the chicken wrap the missus bought for Sunday night dinner, I got the the one with extra Salmonella.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
daldal

I dont follow the cricket - gave up when the pin up boys from NSW took over the team.....Im looking forward to getting down to the beach in summer in my budgy smugglers showing off my 120kg lilly white frame - cant wait!!! whose with me...?

Yep beach looks good as I am there everyday am.
Slip, slop , slap and away we go.........we should invent out own training for 2010!

we shall rise again....
Q5
Club Player

Even today is crap! Called in sick yesterday - couldn't face the taunts of the other supporters in the office - who are neither Saints or Cat fans! The Cats fan I was happy to talk to and - can now understand how he felt after last year.

Haven't posted in ages but read this site all the time - like many others, feel the need to be around 'Saints family' at the moment. Still feel numb, completely & utterly drained...

Q5
Club Player

And why can't I get the Geelong theme song out of my head!!! :?

reincarnated

Q5 wrote:Even today is crap! Called in sick yesterday - couldn't face the taunts of the other supporters in the office - who are neither Saints or Cat fans! The Cats fan I was happy to talk to and - can now understand how he felt after last year.

Haven't posted in ages but read this site all the time - like many others, feel the need to be around 'Saints family' at the moment. Still feel numb, completely & utterly drained...
Reincarnated still feels low and completely wrecked however nobody has even joked with Reincarnated about us losing. It's all good comments and how unlucky we were or how good the game was for the neutral.

Get a new job and new friends

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
daldal wrote:Ya know there is an ol saying " always have something to look forward to" . That was it for me for that end of year pinnacle and it did not happen.
So to help myself get over it I have looked fwd to what is ahead for me and the family and we have a holiday booked. Ripper!
Find that something to look forward to, buy it, drink it, eat it , have it , spoil yourself and time will do the rest!
We can do this guys.......
Thats actually very good advice...

I dont follow the cricket - gave up when the pin up boys from NSW took over the team.....Im looking forward to getting down to the beach in summer in my budgy smugglers showing off my 120kg lilly white frame - cant wait!!! whose with me...?
I do follow cricket but for the reasons you stated have gone of it to. Luv the Melb Storm, but thats easy, they win and cant really be stuffed with the nrl gf. Had a shyte summer last year due to health so I can at least look foward to this summer on the beach, in fatc just came back from a long lunch, from city down to beach, sounds silly buty it is helping me cope.
Looking foward to long weekends down at sorento, that makes me feel a lot better
It is good to know I am not the only person taking this so bloody hard, I think it is made worse by that stupid "always next year comment as I have heard that before (remember 97) and lets face it, we have not been in the habit of doing that
Apoligies to all for the vent.

Bring on summer

I love this club
suss
Club Player

I like the Storm too coz they're the Melbourne Storm - not the Geelong Storm or the Victorian Storm and they in no way represent any other area oustide of the metropolis. Yesss, I am that petty.

It'll be in their fourth premiership apparence in a row - which is clearly better than three.

Any other teams that don't hail from Geelong? Oh yes, the Victory and Phoenix - two more recent premiership teams that spit on the face of smalller regional bum lick towns that don't have enough people or money to field their own soccer, netball or NRL teams.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I dont follow the cricket - gave up when the pin up boys from NSW took over the team...?
Yep, that 10+ year period of world dominance when we played the best in the country got a little dull :lol:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:I like the Storm too coz they're the Melbourne Storm - not the Geelong Storm or the Victorian Storm and they in no way represent any other area oustide of the metropolis. Yesss, I am that petty.

It'll be in their fourth premiership apparence in a row - which is clearly better than three.

Any other teams that don't hail from Geelong? Oh yes, the Victory and Phoenix - two more recent premiership teams that spit on the face of smalller regional bum lick towns that don't have enough people or money to field their own soccer, netball or NRL teams.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I think with the Storm we know what success is,, I have seen plenty of them and enjoyed it, 5 gf, 2 premierships in 11 years, I do hope that they can help ease the pain of the weekend, but like i said, at this point i dont care

I love this club
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

today I drove the streets of geelong with MY Saints plates displayed
wished I'd taken the Flag as well ..
wondered what would have happened If I'd tried to drive down the main street

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:today I drove the streets of geelong with MY Saints plates displayed
wish I had the knackers to do that, I still wont talk to anyone about it

I need to take a break from all things football for a few months

I love this club
SaintDebi
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:today I drove the streets of geelong with MY Saints plates displayed
I do it every day, Brat. So far, so good. No numberplates unfortunately, but stickers and scarves proudly displayed. The car's still in one piece -so far.
I did get told by one cats supporting lady that I was brave today: walked into balls & bumpers in my colours looking for more Saints gear only to be confronted by wall to wall cats fans buying up big on premiership merchandise.
Happy to say I held my head up high and didn't leave the shop til I was good and ready.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SaintDebi wrote:
I do it every day, Brat. So far, so good. No numberplates unfortunately, but stickers and scarves proudly displayed. The car's still in one piece -so far.
I did get told by one cats supporting lady that I was brave today: walked into balls & bumpers in my colours looking for more Saints gear only to be confronted by wall to wall cats fans buying up big on premiership merchandise.
Happy to say I held my head up high and didn't leave the shop til I was good and ready.
Well done SaintDebi! I would have been exactly the same and god help anyone who had anything to say. They would have copped a spray! :P

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Today has been the worse day for me.

My supervisor, who supports Geelong was back at work today and I relived it over and over and over again.
To make it worse, he has brought in the Premiers poster in that we all so badly wanted and stuck it up on the wall between us. I can see it from my desk and he has being making comments ALL freaking day.

Have a go, yes you won, but to keep it going, knowing full well that I am totally shattered and knowing I am a die hard supporter just sucks IMO

I heard it all today, from raph clarke to Milnes 3 effective touchs. To Luke ball's only 48% game time and getting 22 touchs and WHY? a question I wouldn't mind answered myself. All the missed shots and how we run out of legs/ went defensive / and of course Chappys last goal... It feels like saturday relived over again today.

Thank Fluck I have tomorrow off. Because I reckon if I had to deal with that tomorrow as well I would lose it.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Today has been the worse day for me.

My supervisor, who supports Geelong was back at work today and I relived it over and over and over again.
To make it worse, he has brought in the Premiers poster in that we all so badly wanted and stuck it up on the wall between us. I can see it from my desk and he has being making comments ALL freaking day.

Have a go, yes you won, but to keep it going, knowing full well that I am totally shattered and knowing I am a die hard supporter just sucks IMO

I heard it all today, from raph clarke to Milnes 3 effective touchs. To Luke ball's only 48% game time and getting 22 touchs and WHY? a question I wouldn't mind answered myself. All the missed shots and how we run out of legs/ went defensive / and of course Chappys last goal... It feels like saturday relived over again today.

Thank Fluck I have tomorrow off. Because I reckon if I had to deal with that tomorrow as well I would lose it.
You did really well. I would have lost it after about 5 minutes of that crap.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
Teflon wrote:I dont follow the cricket - gave up when the pin up boys from NSW took over the team...?
Yep, that 10+ year period of world dominance when we played the best in the country got a little dull :lol:
yeah we killed them all in their prime.......how bout when we smashed the Windies with Clive Loyd, Viv Richards, Garner, Holding, Marshall and Co.......what a side we are with "pup clarke" our answer to beckham.... :roll:

No thanks.

I do note the Windies talking of sending out a 37 yr old captain this year - should be a hoot watching the Aussies and Aussies A go to town on that stiff opposition........Im sure whatever happens Hodge will be playing shield....

At least the team will have plenty of moisturiser...... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I can't shake the feeling of despair. I truly think we were cherry ripe, and may not make it back to the big dance for sometime. We had an exceptional run with injuries this year, and EVERYTHING fell into place. Just to have our forwards ruin it with wayward kicking. I'm still gutted, and don't think I'll shake it for a while yet.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:I can't shake the feeling of despair. I truly think we were cherry ripe, and may not make it back to the big dance for sometime. We had an exceptional run with injuries this year, and EVERYTHING fell into place. Just to have our forwards ruin it with wayward kicking. I'm still gutted, and don't think I'll shake it for a while yet.
Concur.

Its that whole "how hard is it to get back there" thing.....strangely IF we got back there.....Id be very confident...its just the any number of things that can go wrong in getting back there which bring me down...

“Yeah….nah””
Leo.J
SS Life Member

It still hurts bad today, but I then think to myself 'imagine how the players must feel'.

From where I stand we had one hand on the cup and let it go, we out played the best there is in just about every stat except for the most important one.

And because of this I have a burning inside of me, its a combination of anger, frustration and confidence...confidence that we are the real deal, and that we will be there next year, and not just be there, we'll take the next step.

I assume the boys would be feeling something along these lines, but with more intesity. As they can actually do something about.

So for me today was day 2 of preseason 2010, we'll be there this time next year I'm sure of it... the burning desire to succeed after being so close will drive the Saints...it will drive them all the way.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I've stayed away from the internet for 48 hours....but 48 hours on....it's no better

F*CK!

Bring back the Lockett era