when did you think it was over?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

At the game - when Schneider (?) missed late.

With hindsight - when we were smashing them to pieces in the second quarter and we didn't take our chances.

Really long bow - when in the first qr I said to the old duck next to me 'Kosi kicks his first one flush and I reckon we'll go okay.' He didn't. We didn't.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jmcp
Club Player

dools, when clint jones could not kick the ball on his right foot and had to use the outside of his left.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

When the siren went

Another opportunity awaits!
west57
Club Player

Yep at half time, when we dominated everywhere except the scoreboard, I began to get that dodgy old feeling that we wouldn't be able to get away with that against a quality side.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

When they went 7 points up with 2 or 3 minutes to play. Heart sank, turned to my mate and said, "game over".

supercoach
Club Player

when dempster missed the goal at the 14th minute marked, i said to my mate, game over - "we wont win now, we screwed it up"

Gilbert=legend
HarveysDeciple

When dempster missed. Had a sick feeling.

We were still 3 points in front, but were starting to get tired. Roo was stuffed, Goddard was stuffed and the cats were starting to control the stoppages.

We had to nail those 2 chances early in the last (Schneider was the other).

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:when chappy kicked the goal to put them 6 points up.

at that stage i thought these guys are too professional to let this slip now.
yeah, that goal felt like some put a dagger in my guts and then twisted it.

the way that goal was manufactured, with almost pure luck for those pricks. if zac had of been able to get possession in the centre square, he had a plethora of opportunities in front of him.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!