Milne didn't mean too.......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

west57
Club Player

Definitely think Milne needs to earn his spot rather than be an automatic selection each week.

Him and Schneider need to stop playing for free kicks every time an opposition player so much as goes near them. Put your head over the ball, hold your ground, do all the hard things and the rewards will come your way. They have great role models in Rooey, Lenny, BJ, et al to show them not to chase easy kicks, and yet they still persist.

At the end of the day, the umps will reward players with their head over the ball, not those who beg for frees all the time.

marksnsparks
Club Player

I love Milney for the goals he scores and the entertainment he provides. I think we need to accept he is a good H&A player that goes missing in finals.

Maybe we should use him like that, i.e. drop him after round 22 every year.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:Don't trade Milne.. Not sure why he did not run all the way in with that kick..
Thought the same thing myself. Can't bring myself to watch the replay but it looked like he could have had another bounce and had plenty of time to steady and shoot from less than 20. Can't be sure from watching it on TV but that's how it looked.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Simple -if players like Milne can't perform in the finals when it's really needed, then you delist him, it's not like an isolated case -he is just plain bad in finals. This is when a club has to start grooming a player like Steven,Armo or Geary as a forward pocket/ rover.

Milton66
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
SaintWodonga wrote:Don't trade Milne.. Not sure why he did not run all the way in with that kick..
Thought the same thing myself. Can't bring myself to watch the replay but it looked like he could have had another bounce and had plenty of time to steady and shoot from less than 20. Can't be sure from watching it on TV but that's how it looked.
That's exacly how it looked at the game.

He had a ton of space, but went for a low % kick.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?