Have Standing- need sitting !!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Been a Long Time wrote:That's very easy to answer- you had to purcahse the tickets in one booking for 3 members. Because I didnt want to let my boys down I said I would take anything and that's what I got. I also didnt think in my wildest dreams that a full SC member would get standing when people who just joined up at the last minute would get seats- sorry, but I live in a fair world and this is crap.

Good on St Kilda FC for putting me in this position, after being a member for so many years and only recently being diagnosed with osteo arthristis, I cannot go and I know i am not alone here.

I hope I show more allegiance than I have received. No support at all. So, if I GIVE my ticket to a Cats friend I take it nobody will mind.
Just how has the Club put you in this position?

There are a few full Social Club members that are standing why is it the Clubs fault?

They only guaranteed a ticket and not a seat
The current administration has put some people in this position when they chose not to respect the 8,500 foundation membership cap that the Butters administration already had in place.

Social club memberships sold after the 8,500 cap should have been second cabs off the rank, so to speak, meaning ALL of the FOUNDATION status members would have received seats!

This is how the club put some people in this position!

Social club members of 20 years had an equal chance at a seat with people who only joined up two months ago for one reason only, they thought we'd make a Grand Final this year!

I know someone who joined up a few months ago just because he thought we would make the Grand Final and he has a seat on level 2.

I also know of Social Club members who have been loyal and paid up regardless of where we are on the ladder for 10 and 15 years and were given standing room!

The current administration's decision to not continue with the initiative of the Butterss administration in capping the social club at 8,500 which would have guaranteed ALL foundation members a seat is exactly why some have been put in this position!
Great post Barks.

But you'll get the usual flogs calling you a whinger for what clearly has been handled poorly by the club.

I am lucky and have seats. That doesnt make it right for those long term PAID UP FC members who now find themselves standing while johnny come lately's sit in prime spots.

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:For once I agree with barks4eva.

The St Kilda Football Club have shafted long term Social Club members in search of the almighty dollar.
How does the almighty dollar come into it? If we wanted to make maximum cash, we;'d have just kept on selling SC memberships all year then said "Well sorry only 11500 of you get a GF ticket..into a ballot you all go"

I can see the argument with the Foundation status, but maybe the TM/TT computer system couldnt handle the extra tier? who knows..we are all speculating unless you are a Club or Ticketing company employee

The only thing the Club could have perhaps done a little better, and maybe in hidsight they agree, is to state from the get-go "Being in the 11500 assures you of either a seat OR standing room ticket at the 2009 GF. (Subject to AFL allocation)"...totally transparent and then noone gets a shock when they do get a Standing Room ticket.

When the dust settles on the 2009 season (and weve all sobered up lol) there will be a time to ask questions and maybe improve the system for the next time it applies to us..but for now Im just happy to be in the big dance, at the ground...and being able to do my lil bit to get the boys over the line!
Obviously you've got seats.
Obviously you are wrong...Im in standing room

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Been a Long Time wrote:That's very easy to answer- you had to purcahse the tickets in one booking for 3 members. Because I didnt want to let my boys down I said I would take anything and that's what I got. I also didnt think in my wildest dreams that a full SC member would get standing when people who just joined up at the last minute would get seats- sorry, but I live in a fair world and this is crap.

Good on St Kilda FC for putting me in this position, after being a member for so many years and only recently being diagnosed with osteo arthristis, I cannot go and I know i am not alone here.

I hope I show more allegiance than I have received. No support at all. So, if I GIVE my ticket to a Cats friend I take it nobody will mind.
Just how has the Club put you in this position?

There are a few full Social Club members that are standing why is it the Clubs fault?

They only guaranteed a ticket and not a seat
The current administration has put some people in this position when they chose not to respect the 8,500 foundation membership cap that the Butters administration already had in place.

Social club memberships sold after the 8,500 cap should have been second cabs off the rank, so to speak, meaning ALL of the FOUNDATION status members would have received seats!

This is how the club put some people in this position!

Social club members of 20 years had an equal chance at a seat with people who only joined up two months ago for one reason only, they thought we'd make a Grand Final this year!

I know someone who joined up a few months ago just because he thought we would make the Grand Final and he has a seat on level 2.

I also know of Social Club members who have been loyal and paid up regardless of where we are on the ladder for 10 and 15 years and were given standing room!

The current administration's decision to not continue with the initiative of the Butterss administration in capping the social club at 8,500 which would have guaranteed ALL foundation members a seat is exactly why some have been put in this position!
FFS, are we still whinging about this? As several foundation members have pointed out, you were only ever promised A TICKET, not the keys to the MCG for being a foundation/social club member. Unfortunately, if you opted out of standing room, you took a very big risk in missing out on being there at all. The club followed up with a letter to all members to advise them of this and gave them an option to change their selection because the AFL shafted the competing clubs by making 15% of the tickets standing room.

The system is far from perfect, I 100% agree with that and it is not fair! However, the ones complaining and bitching about the club simply have no idea. Go and stampede AFL headquarters next week or start a collective effort with other supporters from other clubs and force the AFL to change the ticketing structure. This is the only way you are going to get the current ticketing system changed.

Also, bear in mind that Ticketek stuffed up the ticketing as it was (with a fairly simple process), how do you expect them to implement a more complicated system?

Fortius Quo Fidelius