robert eddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

falka
Club Player

claystreet wrote:Dont forget Jack Steven is knocking on the door.
Agree. He has pace, tackles well and has a bit of x factor about him. Would be surprised if he was picked, but think he gives us something different that may help in a Grand Final

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Eddy continues to get a game because he plays a specific role in the set up. He is literally a "decoy" forward/midfielder whose job it is to create space for Roo and Kosi, then to apply forward pressure. The others simply don't kick it to him, or use him unless it's a last resort. In the 3rd quarter, Kosi could've kicked it to Eddy who was open near the goalsquare, but chose to square it instead. At the time Commetti noted, "If I was Rob Eddy, my self esteem would be down around my socks!"

I admire the guy tremendously for the way he has fought his way into such a great side and he is one of the best endurance runners out there, but surely Dempster could do Eddy's job and add a bit extra with his composure and greater skill level.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:
claystreet wrote:Dont forget Jack Steven is knocking on the door.
Agree. He has pace, tackles well and has a bit of x factor about him. Would be surprised if he was picked, but think he gives us something different that may help in a Grand Final
Was thinking of that prior to the Prelim......

A smokey but looks to be a player of the future.

Too big an ask to be brought in under the pressure cooker of a GF.

Dempster would be my pick for experience - both finals and GF!

SaintHomer
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:Eddy continues to get a game because he plays a specific role in the set up. He is literally a "decoy" forward/midfielder whose job it is to create space for Roo and Kosi, then to apply forward pressure. The others simply don't kick it to him, or use him unless it's a last resort. In the 3rd quarter, Kosi could've kicked it to Eddy who was open near the goalsquare, but chose to square it instead. At the time Commetti noted, "If I was Rob Eddy, my self esteem would be down around my socks!"

I admire the guy tremendously for the way he has fought his way into such a great side and he is one of the best endurance runners out there, but surely Dempster could do Eddy's job and add a bit extra with his composure and greater skill level.
finally someone who understands the game. good post.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Schneider and Milne's shockers last night did Eddy no favours -Eddy may be a decoy but it means your other small/ mids have to kick goals, and for two games they have failed. I think Gwilt definately needs to be considered.