Greg Westway Nathan Burke and the board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote: There has never, ever been any discussion about STANDING ROOM in connection with the 'guaranteed' seat/ticket for Social CLub members.
The only place where I have ever heard about a "Guaranteed Seat" is on this forum. On all membership forms it says Guaranteed Ticket. But lets just get there first.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saint1974
Club Player

True I luv Harvey but maybe the wording on the selection process should have been best available and standing room then we wouldnt have had this issue.
Then members would have understood clearly when I was told a guaranteed ticket with my foundation membership nothing was mentioned about standing room tickets my hubby and two of my boys would quiet happily give their seat to an elderly or person with an illness but some people just cant stand like the elderly or people with children.
Let me state I am very happy with this board but maybe registration wording should have been different, because now I could miss the chance of a ticket because we registered as best available excluding standing room.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

All this "Foundation member since......" is all bulls***.

It was a play on words put up when we:
A) Had no members.
B) Sucked to high heaven.

Foundation members were supposed to get "guaranteed" grand final tickets.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR every Grand Final competing club gets ROOTED for GF tickets....screwed over and done in.

To be honest....and this is coming from a guy who has been going week in week out for the past thirty odd years like most of the people complaining....

Deal with it. Suck it up and deal with it. Stop whining FFS.

Just freakin deal with it. If you cant go, you cant go. There will be freakin another 15000 members AT LEAST who dont get in. What makes you so special?

The ticketing is out of the clubs control.

FFS can we just get to the GF and THEN worry about this shyt.

Harden the fcuk up.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Foundation members were supposed to get "guaranteed" grand final tickets.

And they do get guareenteed grandfinal tickets.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: There has never, ever been any discussion about STANDING ROOM in connection with the 'guaranteed' seat/ticket for Social CLub members.
The only place where I have ever heard about a "Guaranteed Seat" is on this forum. On all membership forms it says Guaranteed Ticket. But lets just get there first.
Well you're obviously much cleverer than most of the rest of us Social Club Members to have understood that when the Club spoke about a 'guaranteed' ticket they weren't necessarily talking about a seat. Given that 95% of the capacity of the MCG is 'seats' and only about 5% is 'standing room' it was probably wrong for teh rest of us to 'assume' that wew were 'special enough' to think we were going to get 'seats'.
Especially when we were told prior to renewing that the Social CLub had been 'capped' which was how they could 'guarantee' us the seats/tickets.
It was only when they found out that the AFL had upped the number of tickets/seats the participating clubs would receive to 11,500 that they decided to sell more memberships. It would be really interesting to know if there was a 'standing room' component in previous years in their allocation or if this is something new the AFL have done this year in allocating more tickets to the competing clubs?

If the CLub hadn't 'cashed-in' by selling the extra Social CLub memberships in May/June then we wouldn't even be discussing this, would we.
Afterall, they sold over 3000 additional Social CLub Memberships on the 'guarantee' basis, which is many more than the standing romm allocation they've apparently received.
Anyway, the point that was being made in the OP that those who are still 'foundation members' should have priority access to those who are not is valid IMO, even though you apparently cannot see it.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Sorry if I have offended you saint1974 or you thought I was having a go at you but I wasn't. I am just sick of a few people on this board who think they are more of a fan then others because they are Foundation members. I guess this thread was just the straw that broke the camels back. I too understand your frustrations as myself and my 90 year old Grandmother are both foundation members and she couldn't stand for a full game of footy either. However I understand that a ticket could mean anything. We registered for best available (including standing room) and will just figure something out when and if we get there. She will NOT miss it for the world. Just be greatful that you have the oportunity to complain about this situation. :wink:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope when we make next years GF as well the AFL don't allocate only 10K tickets per competing club... :shock:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:They sold social club membership as a foundation social club member a couple of years ago, saying they will have added benefits to normal social club members or something.
Did they cost more? Ive never heard of it apart from on here.
It is actually PRINTED on your Social Club Ticket if you are one.

That unfortunatelly is the only "benefit" remaining.

Did they cost more? YEs as you either piad extra to bea SC member or not. The spin was that if you becaomea SC Member and STAYED one that you would ALWAYS have priority over SC Members that joined up in later years.

That was the INCENTIVE to become a SC Member in that year if you were not one...or to STAY aSC Member EACH & EVERY year if you were.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Yes previous years club tickets had standing room. I remember from 1997 (my first year of membership)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:All this "Foundation member since......" is all bulls***.

It was a play on words put up when we:
A) Had no members.
B) Sucked to high heaven.

Foundation members were supposed to get "guaranteed" grand final tickets.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR every Grand Final competing club gets ROOTED for GF tickets....screwed over and done in.

To be honest....and this is coming from a guy who has been going week in week out for the past thirty odd years like most of the people complaining....

Deal with it. Suck it up and deal with it. Stop whining FFS.

Just freakin deal with it. If you cant go, you cant go. There will be freakin another 15000 members AT LEAST who dont get in. What makes you so special?

The ticketing is out of the clubs control.

FFS can we just get to the GF and THEN worry about this shyt.

Harden the fcuk up.
You have absolutely no comprehension of what the issue is.

People have paid good money over a number of years to be Social CLub Members on the basis that they were guaranteed a GF ticket if we were participating. I know people who opted out of AFL Membership to join the Social Club based on this promise.

Never, ever was there a mention of the tickets being 'standing room'. I believe that in previous years there were no 'standing room' in the competing clubs allocations. I believe that theyhave magically appeared this year when the AFL have suddnely found more tickets for the 2 competing clubs.
I reckon the AFL has hoodwinked the clubs in a similar vein to the way they hoodwinked the public when they announced that the 'Standard' seats had not increased in price. What they didn't tell the public was that they had reclassified many of the 'Standard' seats to 'Prime' and that there are far less 'Standard' seats avaialble. It's not a lie, but it's a deception.
I reckon something similar has happened with the increased allocation (from 8500? to 11500?) - the majority of the increase are Standing Room and not seats.
This is not the CLub's fault.
The CLub's fault is in not looking after the members who joined the Social CLub years ago and who now have no greater acces to GF seats than those who joined in June 2009.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Yes previous years club tickets had standing room. I remember from 1997 (my first year of membership)
Was that Saints Membership or Social CLub membership?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
That is what is said this year.

But when Foundation SC was promoted it was on the basis that you would get preference over SC Members who joined up in later years.

NO..as far as I recall it was not promoted as guaranteed seats...BUT as stated you were promised preference to SC who joined in later years.

Given the numbers of actual SC members then that basically should have meant in any years where the GF was made a guaranteed seat...and quite a reasonable seat at that.

Standing room is only an issue now because of the much greater of SC Members who joined this year...and thousands of them not long before cut.

Now great earner for the club....but no reward for loyal members over time.

Thing is the Club could still have made just as much money...while rewarding Foundation Members. A win win. But it has chosen not to do so.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

plain old membership, I image social club got all seats or had a choice I think but that is stretching my memory a fair bit.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:Well you're obviously much cleverer than most of the rest of us Social Club Members to have understood that when the Club spoke about a 'guaranteed' ticket they weren't necessarily talking about a seat. Given that 95% of the capacity of the MCG is 'seats' and only about 5% is 'standing room' it was probably wrong for teh rest of us to 'assume' that wew were 'special enough' to think we were going to get 'seats'.
Well i too was a little shocked when Standing room tickets were first mentioned. I went and checked all my mail from the club to check and nowhere did it actually say a seat. So therefore at no stage was I promised something i'm not a chance of getting. Did the SC members who signed up at June pay the same as us?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i upgraded and was charged the diff between the two memebrships

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote: Never, ever was there a mention of the tickets being 'standing room'. I believe that in previous years there were no 'standing room' in the competing clubs allocations. .
My Brother in Law who is a Cat member got standing room last year.
Mr Magic wrote: I reckon the AFL has hoodwinked the clubs in a similar vein to the way they hoodwinked the public when they announced that the 'Standard' seats had not increased in price. What they didn't tell the public was that they had reclassified many of the 'Standard' seats to 'Prime' and that there are far less 'Standard' seats avaialble. It's not a lie, but it's a deception.
This is the BIG issue. This is a disgrace and pure money making venture by the AFL. This is what people should be complaining about.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:i upgraded and was charged the diff between the two memebrships
Well good luck to you then. Go Saints!!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Well you're obviously much cleverer than most of the rest of us Social Club Members to have understood that when the Club spoke about a 'guaranteed' ticket they weren't necessarily talking about a seat. Given that 95% of the capacity of the MCG is 'seats' and only about 5% is 'standing room' it was probably wrong for teh rest of us to 'assume' that wew were 'special enough' to think we were going to get 'seats'.
Well i too was a little shocked when Standing room tickets were first mentioned. I went and checked all my mail from the club to check and nowhere did it actually say a seat. So therefore at no stage was I promised something i'm not a chance of getting. Did the SC members who signed up at June pay the same as us?
Yes for their Social CLub Membership.
and I understand what that question's intent was.

Do you want to go explain to the Board why so many Social CLub Members may not renew until May/June next year instead of October-Feb like this and past years. How would they like that hit on their cashflow?
Why should they pay 6-8 months early when they can now renew in May-June and get the same benefit?

We already had the fiasco with the lvl 2 seats this year. I'm fearful this may just be anotherone.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

but ill add that i think its a tad rude that i have the same amount of chances of getting a seat as someone who has been a SC member for 20 years.

long serving members MUST have priority imo

bigred
Saintsational Legend

People have paid good money over a number of years to be Social CLub Members on the basis that they were guaranteed a GF ticket if we were participating. I know people who opted out of AFL Membership to join the Social Club based on this promise.

Never, ever was there a mention of the tickets being 'standing room'. I believe that in previous years there were no 'standing room' in the competing clubs allocations. I believe that theyhave magically appeared this year when the AFL have suddnely found more tickets for the 2 competing clubs.
I reckon the AFL has hoodwinked the clubs in a similar vein to the way they hoodwinked the public when they announced that the 'Standard' seats had not increased in price. What they didn't tell the public was that they had reclassified many of the 'Standard' seats to 'Prime' and that there are far less 'Standard' seats avaialble. It's not a lie, but it's a deception.
I reckon something similar has happened with the increased allocation (from 8500? to 11500?) - the majority of the increase are Standing Room and not seats.
The CLub's fault is in not looking after the members who joined the Social CLub years ago and who now have no greater acces to GF seats than those who joined in June 2009.
No comprehension of what the issue is?

ER.....I've had a SC membership since 1980.....I'm one of the people who stick with it instead of an AFL membership.

Get a grip ffs. We are yet to make the GF.

If you honestly thought that the club could 100% guarantee you a SEAT at the GF, let alone a standing room ticket, then you are kidding yourself.

Club members ALWAYS miss out on tickets. Think yourself lucky we dont have to go to a ballot.

"Hoodwinked" ROFL.

HARDEN UP...

We have a prelim to win.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: Never, ever was there a mention of the tickets being 'standing room'. I believe that in previous years there were no 'standing room' in the competing clubs allocations. .

But is he a Football CLub member or a Social CLub member, and what did Geelong promise him?

I have no issue if I'm told that I can purchase a 'Standing Room' ticket aa a member, because that is all that is left. But that is not what has occured here with us.

We've been treated like mushrooms over this - kept in the dark until it's too late to do anything about it.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:[

Yes for their Social CLub Membership.
and I understand what that question's intent was.
In all honesty I didn't know so there was no real intent. I would have changed my views if they didn't pay as much. I understand your concern about people not renewing their SC memberships til June next year, but will you that? I doubt you will (Idon't really know, just a guess) I know I wont and if people want to run the risk of missing the cut off good luck to them.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:

But is he a Football CLub member or a Social CLub member, and what did Geelong promise him?

I have no issue if I'm told that I can purchase a 'Standing Room' ticket aa a member, because that is all that is left. But that is not what has occured here with us.

We've been treated like mushrooms over this - kept in the dark until it's too late to do anything about it.
Geelong AFAIK have no difference in their memberships all members can go into a Ballot and hope for the best. 2007 he got a seat on level 2 :shock: last year standing room.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:

No comprehension of what the issue is?

ER.....I've had a SC membership since 1980.....I'm one of the people who stick with it instead of an AFL membership.

Get a grip ffs. We are yet to make the GF.

If you honestly thought that the club could 100% guarantee you a SEAT at the GF, let alone a standing room ticket, then you are kidding yourself.

Club members ALWAYS miss out on tickets. Think yourself lucky we dont have to go to a ballot.

"Hoodwinked" ROFL.

HARDEN UP...

We have a prelim to win.
What have CLub Members got to do with this issue?

There are 20000+ Saints CLub Members who have no chance of getting a ticket. They don't enter into teh equation at all.
The CLub has never promised them a GF ticket (seat or standing room). They did promise Social Club members, which you should know given that you've been one for so long.

Luck has absolutely nothing to do with it.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:but ill add that i think its a tad rude that i have the same amount of chances of getting a seat as someone who has been a SC member for 20 years.

long serving members MUST have priority imo
So if you are lucky enough to get a seat will you swap it with a SC member that has been a member for 15 years then?

Mate if you get a seat and I get standing room, oh well that is the luck of the draw. We both get to go. I understand people with special needs or the elderly are different but it's lottery that everyone can win. I don't see what the problem is!