an email from the club regarding GF registrations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

good work saint1974

so 10% didnt they reckon
hopefully we can get a 100% number out of the 11500 later on today in a few hrs

hellorocky
Club Player

I just dragged out my 2009 membership brochure and I'm guessing it was printed late last year.

It speaks of the SC cap of 11500 members, a guaranteed grand final ticket to the 11500 and a waiting list after that.

In small print

*Foundation Members are still rewarded for their continuity by receiving a guaranteed ticket, should St Kilda be a participating team ....etc

after reading Ben Hall's letter above I was little worried as I have registered 8 tickets - excluding standing room, 2 couldn't stand all day, 3 probably couldn't, 2 would probably be so drunk it would be impossible to stand all day and 1 might be able... I know of others that have opted for standing room due to the cost.

In 1997 I had probably the worst seat in the place Q10 DD - absolute last back row - price $72.75

I'm sure nobody really knows with St Kilda, the AFL, Ticketmaster and Ticketek all having their bit to say. What I would be worried about first is winning the prelim, have been through this .... 04, 05, 08 and 09 and putting my energy into getting them over the line Friday week

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:good work saint1974

so 10% didnt they reckon
hopefully we can get a 100% number out of the 11500 later on today in a few hrs

God I hope not I am a September saint and I want a ticket...

hellorocky wrote:*Foundation Members are still rewarded for their continuity by receiving a guaranteed ticket, should St Kilda be a participating team ....etc

As I said in the previous page if you are a SC YOU WILL BE OFFERED A TICKET regardless of which option you choose but if you choose no standing and you are offered a standing only ticket you have effectively rejected to use that ticket. How this effects the group booking's of SC members remain to be seen maybe if you booked with a group of 8 as no standing and two of the tickets allocated to the group are standing do they get the other 6 seats or do they get none?
Last edited by ausfatcat on Thu 10 Sep 2009 3:34pm, edited 2 times in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote: I have registered 8 tickets - excluding standing room, 2 couldn't stand all day
I'm in the same boat... all very long term members.

Randomization my ar$e.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Randomization my ar$e.

How is it more random than that?

saint1974
Club Player

markp wrote:What bollocks.... in effect "whatever, you get what you're given, no matter how long you've been a social club member, if you're not disabled but you cant stand then you may miss out all together"... thanks.
Before you comment on individuals situations I am still post recovery from cancer and I dont have the energy to stand that long!

markp
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:
markp wrote:What bollocks.... in effect "whatever, you get what you're given, no matter how long you've been a social club member, if you're not disabled but you cant stand then you may miss out all together"... thanks.
Before you comment on individuals situations I am still post recovery from cancer and I dont have the energy to stand that long!
Then I would expect you to be accommodated ahead of others... but what if you are merely elderly or have a dodgy back?

What they've gone for is the cheapest way of dealing with us plebs and great unwashed.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

matrixcutter wrote:also remember that some social clubbers might not be able to afford a 245 ticket

they might have picked only the basic and standing, leaving more premium
I don't think there was an option to do this.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti23 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:also remember that some social clubbers might not be able to afford a 245 ticket

they might have picked only the basic and standing, leaving more premium
I don't think there was an option to do this.
There wasn't.

The tickets are allocated randomly from most expensive (premium) to cheapest (standing).

The computer will just select registered members barcodes, offer them a ticket type (premium, prime, standard & then standing), cross check it against the requested ticket (best available, best available excluding standing) & either allocate the ticket or move onto the next barcode if that person is offered a standing ticket but has chosen not to accept one).

It's a good system except that many people who are unable to stand (elderly, sick, pregnant women like my wife) could be dudded by this standing room issue.

F@#k I'm more nervous about getting a seat now than about Friday week's game!

Grimfang
Club Player

saint1974 wrote:Just rang the club as our family 2 adults and 4 kids registered best available no standing room, said to the girl I was concerned we may miss out on tickets we are foundation social club members with 130 years between us as members and said I woulb be shattered if we missed out.
Once I realised yesterday that the family had a small chance of missing out because I had selected "no standing"; I rang Ticketmaster and spoke with a very helpful young lady. She was able to change the selection to include standing.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote: You wite a stupid statement and i am an idiot. Got figures on how many ticked the box or just felt like having a go at the few who did. You would be better telling how many full SC members you have in your household. It would be much more interesting.
You are the one that makes stupid statements I did NOT say MANY.

I have NOT have a "go" to the the people that did.

All I stated is that I just could not understand why, if that's is "having a go" by you, so be it.

Flower you with your "stupid statement" about figures, Moron
FIRE UP FID!!! 8-)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote: You wite a stupid statement and i am an idiot. Got figures on how many ticked the box or just felt like having a go at the few who did. You would be better telling how many full SC members you have in your household. It would be much more interesting.

All I stated is that I just could not understand why, if that's is "having a go" by you, so be it.

FIRE UP FID!!! 8-)
Yeah mate, It would be handy if that poster could learn how to read :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
howlinwolf
Club Player

I ticked "will not stand".

If I am not offered a ticket at all being a SC member it'll be a hard lesson learnt for the club.

Simple.... I won't be a SC member again.

Along with many others I suspect.

The fact that randomisation could offer me nothing after my financial support and then offer a September Saint a seat means there will be a mass exodus of SC members.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
loris
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I ticked "will not stand".

If I am not offered a ticket at all being a SC member it'll be a hard lesson learnt for the club.

The fact that randomisation could offer me nothing after my financial support and then offer a September Saint a seat means there will be a mass exodus of SC members.

I think you would be spot on there HW. Many would be :evil:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I ticked "will not stand".

I have a feeling that you may have it wrong.

Best available ticket is just that and first dibs are the SC members NOT September Saints...

There is NO way that a September Saint will get a seat before you.

There is however a slim chance that they may grab a standing room ticket if you had chosen "Best available ticket excluding standing room" but if you had made the "excluding standing room" choice it would mean that all available seats are exhausted BEFORE it goes to the second registration, that being September Saints (for standing room)

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually you don't get a choice of seat either, it is whatever is available, so you may get the highest priced seat, or lowest priced seat.
That's why they advised that your credit card should have enough credit to cover allcosts at the maximum charge.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
howlinwolf
Club Player

Life is a " user pay" system these days.

What's this randomisation system ?

We as SC members support our club to the nth degree, The heart and soul of a club.

And then accept a system that is randomisation ?

Great incentive that is, to be proud to be the heart and soul of your club.

I'm sure all the unfortunate souls that are SC members and end up having to watch on TV because they were randomly selected as standing room will be feeling very loved on Sep 26th.

The Club may not be in control of this system but hell they have to voice their displeasure.

Surely after all the years of ticketing they could have it right by now !

howlinwolf
Club Player

I think I'm going to take a chill pill and reserve anger for the time I am told
we as SC members missed altogether and a September Saint got a seat.

Then I will vent in a huge way. To the club of course.

Still think the system is flawed and shouldn't be.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I did by phone and took option 1, which I assume is best available seat or standing room/restricted view.
I blame the AFL for this, not the club, the AFL gives the clubs a pittance of an allocation to Grand Final seats, only 26% of the MCG is available for supporters.
I firmly believe that the AFL should scrap AFL membership as it is no longer required due to the fact there is no Waverley anymore which is why it was introduced.
I mean, why should you have to support your club by buying a membership, than buy a membership to the competition they are part of?
By scrapping the AFL members, this would release another 25,000 seats to club members, which would help fund the missing revenue.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Guys, guys, guys, settle!!!

IF the club seriously thought they couldn't offload all seats & standing room they wouldn't bother with September Saints!

We only have 11,500 SC members, and not all will take up the registration.

All SC members who registered, it seems, will get a seat.

I would be shocked if this was not the case.

As for September Saints, that will fill standing room.

It's common sense, and something the AFL/Ticketek aren't likely to screw with IMO (and I'd have a shot at them if I thought otherwise!).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Got no figures have you. I really want you to tell us all about how 3 of you are social club members. You really do help the club a lot. Hope you all ticked standing as well. Imagine if some idiot didnt want to stand 5 hours in the one spot without moving. He/ she would be a fool.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Fid,...calm down for heavans sake mate..we are all on the same side here. the only morons and fools were wearing black n white at the G last Sunday ;-)

I just found this snippet from a H/S article from GF week last year..

Thousands of Hawthorn and Geelong members also missed out, as the AFL limited competing clubs to 26,000 tickets.

Well there you go...26,000 tix..thats 13,000 ea..better than 11,500 eh???

SC members dont get those comfy standing shoes out just yet eh????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Fid,...calm down for heavans sake mate..we are all on the same side here. the only morons and fools were wearing black n white at the G last Sunday ;-)

Thousands of Hawthorn and Geelong members also missed out, as the AFL limited competing clubs to 26,000 tickets.

Umm, I think the 26,000 is then broken down proportionally based on memberships.

ie. we have 33K members.

IF we play Geelong, who have 37K members (I think??), then they'll get slightly more spots than us......say about 14K to them and 12K to us.

IF we play Adelaide, who have about 50K members, it may be 17K to them and only 9K to us.

I think that's how it works.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:Fid,...calm down for heavans sake mate..we are all on the same side here. the only morons and fools were wearing black n white at the G last Sunday ;-)

Umm, I think the 26,000 is then broken down proportionally based on memberships.

ie. we have 33K members.

IF we play Geelong, who have 37K members (I think??), then they'll get slightly more spots than us......say about 14K to them and 12K to us.

IF we play Adelaide, who have about 50K members, it may be 17K to them and only 9K to us.

I think that's how it works.....
It was in the paper about 2 weeks ago with the breakdowm. Both teams get 11500 plus another 1000 to use anyway they want. memberships have nothing to do with tickets anymore. I think it was posted somewhere here but it was definitely in the Herald Sun.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so basically ya wanna be pulled form the hat in the first few thousand then