Garry Lyon - Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint vince
Club Player

stinger wrote:no.lyon is on the money.......might motivate him to produce a performance like the one against the lions a couple of years ago...especially if we are playing them again...... :twisted:
Have you rung the club to speak to him and tell him your views or are you too gutless???????

Is this because he is an anglo white male you think his performance was not good or is it just your opinion about football.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The little fella is primarily there in the team as a crumber to kick goals, and if ever he needs to put his hand up, it's in the finals.

milney044
Club Player

I think Gary certainly has a point but Milne's role has expanded this year in terms of doing more than just kicking goals. I think he was a little down but kept Harry out of the game at least. Plus he did a bullet pass to Kozi and a releasing handball to Farren- both of these should have resulted in goals if not for Koz's inaccurate kick and Farren's fumble. Therefore he should have contributed 3 goals - the facts are these didn't come off so they do not appear on the stat sheet. I thought his work rate was up and he presented, he just didn't end up getting enough of it. With Roo having such a huge impact and Koz marking everything, his chances were limited.
He is certainly worth having out there as he takes a quality defender- O'brian has been a play maker for Collingwood and he will line up on Gilbee in 2 weeks should they make it - this leaves Schneids and Mini on players with less ability which increases their impact on the game.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Our forward line is now a TEAM.

Yes on their day Milne and Roo can stand out like beaons.

But what wins the big games is everyone contributing

Milne played his role, including with 4 tackles, and remember that in Harry he had one of the Pies best defenders.

Milne had 11 disposals and Harry had only 9 disposal whereas Harry normally averages 17. Harry also had his lowest Dreamteam and Supercoach scores for the year.

*** Did anywone think that Lyon may well have instructed Milne to lead harry away from the ball...and in turn to prevent Harry from double teaming on Roo and Kosi?

The attention on Milne allowed Mini to snag 2 goals.

Milne, Schneider and Milne got 4 goals between them and played their part.
finally some sense

thank you

Milne is part of a forward line TEAM

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
stinger wrote:no.lyon is on the money.......might motivate him to produce a performance like the one against the lions a couple of years ago...especially if we are playing them again...... :twisted:
Have you rung the club to speak to him and tell him your views or are you too gutless???????

Is this because he is an anglo white male you think his performance was not good or is it just your opinion about football.

i would think that milney...who i know.....would agree with me....the racist call bit close to home fella..?? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Call me old-school, but I still think forwards are there to kick goals, and if their defensive game is good, that's a bonus. Our small forwards should have really done more scoreboard damage against the Pies once we were in control last Sunday, otherwise we are a one-trick pony in the finals.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Gee whiz.

Surely noone is arguing that Milne was Ok last week? He was pungent.

He didn't do his bit at all. He fileld holes when he shouldn't have, gave away 50s and his man was very good - and his man also clogged us up.

He needs to lift. He needs to play well in big games, when the chips are down. He doesn't do this - and he needs to.

saint vince
Club Player

stinger wrote:
saint vince wrote:

i would think that milney...who i know.....would agree with me....the racist call bit close to home fella..?? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

So why do you throw out the gutless, racist lines at every one else????? How do you even know what race I am what I believe. It is just an opinion. Just because you don't agree you have to make it a personal slur on people.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint vince wrote:

So why do you throw out the gutless, racist lines at every one else????? How do you even know what race I am what I believe. It is just an opinion. Just because you don't agree you have to make it a personal slur on people.
....still here i see????

because.....and i will type this slowly so you can understand...i am sick to death of the continual abuse of raph both on here and at the football...some of it is racially motivated ..some not...but the type of s*** directed at raph has hurt him and his family...it is never ending and has caused the club to advise the players not to visit this site....his mother has even told people of the hurt that her two sons have experienced as a direct result of the crap printed on here..and it is all crap.......ten players can fumble the ball...or get caught in a tackle...no one says anything.......but as soon as that player is raph...the arseholes are on their feet..eyes bulging ..veins standing out on their red necks screaming for him to be taken off...i believe that some of those arsewipes follow up with a thread on raph each and every week...and that some of these posters are closet racists.......i also firmly believe that none of those posters would have the guts to go out on a football field themselves and do what raph does...or make the same comments to his face....

i also posted in the other thread that i didn't consider saying that you didn't rate a player to be abusive....so therefore my comments may not have applied to you...yet you still thought it appropriate to post that crap above...

.i did not abuse milney ...i did not say that milne was not deserving of his place in the side or that he was a crap footballer...i made no comment that i would not be prepared to say to him in person..i actually love the little guy....

...but....

..if i can make something think twice before denigrating raph further in the coming weeks then i feel vindicated...if i don't, and have only hurt the feelings of one of these posters... then tough......as i said i don't give a rats for the opinions of raph's detractors...the coach thinks he can play...so do i..and raph is certainly starting to believe in himself.......that's all that matters to me...

......have a nice day.... :twisted:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Well put Stinger........
I think some of the anti Raph feeling is because he appears so laid back on the field, but if you take a ggod look you will see that his loping strides carry him over the ground quite quickly. He is much faster than he appears.
I believe hs is also a nervous starter. He is likely to stuff up early in a game, but once he settles down he is alright.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

thanks mate.....and i agree with your assessment of raph...

GrumpyOne

I know you won't give a sh1t, but I'm backing you in all the way with this one mate.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:I know you won't give a sh1t, but I'm backing you in all the way with this one mate.
i appreciate that....

reincarnated

stinger wrote:
saint vince wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint vince wrote:

....still here i see????

because.....and i will type this slowly so you can understand...i am sick to death of the continual abuse of raph both on here and at the football...some of it is racially motivated ..some not...but the type of s*** directed at raph has hurt him and his family...it is never ending and has caused the club to advise the players not to visit this site....his mother has even told people of the hurt that her two sons have experienced as a direct result of the crap printed on here..and it is all crap.......ten players can fumble the ball...or get caught in a tackle...no one says anything.......but as soon as that player is raph...the arseholes are on their feet..eyes bulging ..veins standing out on their red necks screaming for him to be taken off...i believe that some of those arsewipes follow up with a thread on raph each and every week...and that some of these posters are closet racists.......i also firmly believe that none of those posters would have the guts to go out on a football field themselves and do what raph does...or make the same comments to his face....

i also posted in the other thread that i didn't consider saying that you didn't rate a player to be abusive....so therefore my comments may not have applied to you...yet you still thought it appropriate to post that crap above...

.i did not abuse milney ...i did not say that milne was not deserving of his place in the side or that he was a crap footballer...i made no comment that i would not be prepared to say to him in person..i actually love the little guy....

...but....

..if i can make something think twice before denigrating raph further in the coming weeks then i feel vindicated...if i don't, and have only hurt the feelings of one of these posters... then tough......as i said i don't give a rats for the opinions of raph's detractors...the coach thinks he can play...so do i..and raph is certainly starting to believe in himself.......that's all that matters to me...

......have a nice day.... :twisted:
Saint Vince do not buy into this old coot's remarks. Do not take offence or take him seriously

Reincarnated says continue to post here as the more opinions are the better and more entertaining place this is

Some opinion are worth more like Reincaranted's and someday soon you will be placed on the same level of post-worthiness

stinger
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote: Some opinion are worth more like Reincaranted's and someday soon you will be placed on the same level of post-worthiness
your opinions....?...don't make me laugh...you don't have a f****** opinion...well not one you believe in and where you aren't taking the piss......you fella ...are at the arse-end of the food chain around here...... :evil: :evil:

GrumpyOne

reincarnated wrote: Some opinion are worth more like Reincaranted's and someday soon you will be placed on the same level of post-worthiness
Yeah.... you too can aspire to 732 posts. :roll:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Cheers Gazza for giving Milney more incentive (he needs no more!) to have a ripper of a Prelim!