Far from happy about this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BaysideSaint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:'Understood to have' = journo speak for 'I'm making this up."
:lol: :lol:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Its obviously not nice for Max but I would much rather the coach pick the best side and the side that will win us a flag.

Sorry Max I love ya (in a platonic way of course :lol: ) but it looks like you might miss out this time

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

The ultimate irony is if we don't win the flag and someone like Mooney kicks 5. Everyone will be pointing the finger.

Let's hope the Shanahan/Youknowwho situation doesn't happen again.

I am a massive Max fan but a bigger Saints fan. The thing I noticed when he came back was that he wasn't as good with the new defensive structure. Things like the 3 or 4 quick handballs out of defence and the quick switch back across the back line to create a fat side. He tended to handball and run away whereas the new defence runs in numbers and they might have several handballs to clear the ball.

I put it down to being rusty but it really stood out in the Essendon game. I think the other guys were a little unsure when the ball went to Max. It's not his fault, just a result of not being part of the early games this season.
We have to pick a team that matches up with the opposition. I think if we played Hawthorn or Carlton, Max would be first picked for Buddy or Fev.

It's heartbreaking but the coaches are far better qualified than any of us to make the right decisions. As long as it works!!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
The Fireman wrote:We don't even know if this is true...could be a heap of concocted garbage by Sheahan.
Agree Fireman but if true I feel for Howard, he's been at the club longer than King, Ray, Dempster, Jones and Schneider. What are they doing getting a finals game before him?
They are all better players than Brad Howard. Simple as that.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Really some people are self righteous wankers.... Having a cry cos Max's papers have been stamped...

There is a far, far bigger picture here... If those disagreeing about Max being dropped were doing so purely on football/form reasons, fine, but this is clearly not the case... He is a favourite cos he shed public tears for the club, and many cannot let this go.... Watch his games again this year and then make a judgement...

He hasn't looked up to it all year, and his disposal and dicision making is below AFL level now... Ross sees this..

Lets win a flag with our best 22... not our favourite 22...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

if this is even the slightest bit true i would be absolutely f****** p1ssed off.

even reading that now my mood has changed from not too bad for a friday morning too i wouldnt even speak to me unless u want your freaking head bitten off

not good enough
bollocks
what utter crap
UTTER CRAP!!!

f*** me
im fuming,
like he wouldnt be able to take john anthony this week and give him F*** all

<f****** upset and disgusted

Sobraz
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:if this is even the slightest bit true i would be absolutely f****** p1ssed off.
Well, im looking forward to beating Collingwood...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Really some people are self righteous wankers.... Having a cry cos Max's papers have been stamped...

There is a far, far bigger picture here... If those disagreeing about Max being dropped were doing so purely on football/form reasons, fine, but this is clearly not the case... He is a favourite cos he shed public tears for the club, and many cannot let this go.... Watch his games again this year and then make a judgement...

He hasn't looked up to it all year, and his disposal and dicision making is below AFL level now... Ross sees this..

hasnt played all year...was injury for a lot of the early stuff
why is he a fav???? ohh thats right cause he's shite
geez silly me

BaysideSaint
Club Player

sheahan is a sissy and he takes it in the bricklane behind jolimont.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Really some people are self righteous wankers.... Having a cry cos Max's papers have been stamped...

hasnt played all year...was injury for a lot of the early stuff
why is he a fav???? ohh thats right cause he's shite
geez silly me
ifiot
Im the idiot??... says the guy that supports the player ahead of the team...

I called for Max to be cut 4 weeks ago... For football/form reasons... You called me alot more than an idiot then for even suggesting it could happen...

Oh wait, checked the line up lately???.... Fool... Keep up the hero worship...

Sobraz
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote: why is he a fav????
Because he was a gun... WAS.. past tense... he's now done...

Ive never questioned what Max has done for the club... A great defender/clubman... But cutting the sentimental crap and choosing the best 22... He aint in it...

BaysideSaint
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
matrixcutter wrote: why is he a fav????
Because he was a gun... WAS.. past tense... he's now done...

Ive never questioned what Max has done for the club... A great defender/clubman... But cutting the sentimental crap and choosing the best 22... He aint in it...
you may be right but that shouldn't stop him from training and being named as an emergency.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

but you have managed to call most posters in the thread self righteous wankers...?
over an opinion???

pretty much done with your comments
8-)

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

For me this is not about sentiment, or winning Grand Finals. Its about how you treat your champions. If it was Harves, everyone would have been up in arms. Max has given his all to the club, just the same. For gods sake, don't name the guy in the side when you have no intention of playing him.

Really feel for you Max, you have been a champion and deserve to be treated better than this. :evil:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:but you have managed to call most posters in the thread self righteous wankers...?
over an opinion???

8-)
was about to say the same thing. please don't call posters wankers for having an opinion

reincarnated

Re: Far from happy about this

bergholt wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Hudghton, who turned 33 on Wednesday, continues to train with the Saints, but former teammates say he is hurt and confused about his fate.
i love ya max, but if this is honestly true then you're more selfish than i thought.

"confused"? the selection committee selected someone else. where's the confusion there?
How is he selfish? He wants to play in a top team

That is not selfish at all, its human

Sobraz
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:but you have managed to call most posters in the thread self righteous wankers...?
over an opinion???

8-)
No, the self righteous wankers are those that 'arent happy about this', or are 'absolutely pissed off'.... And dont back it up with an onfield evidence...

These people dont have opinions, they express feelings and emotions, and let them get in the way of forming opinions...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
over an opinion???

8-)
No, the self righteous wankers are those that 'arent happy about this', or are 'absolutely pissed off'.... And dont back it up with an onfield evidence...

These people dont have opinions, they express feelings and emotions, and let them get in the way of forming opinions...
im done
but
thats an opinion......
no onfield evidence...rightio
again called us all wankers
bev u wanker...i mean really??
matrix u wanker....
dont waste your time quoting this one

BaysideSaint
Club Player

relax MC :) it's all good man. we win this week and we get a week off. what could be any better than that?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

beating adelaide in a Gf...thats whats better than that :twisted: :twisted:

just dont appreciate someone calling people self righteous wankers because of a diff of opinion..no matter the opinion.
yeah im f***ed off, so what, but i certainly didnt abuse posters that say max is past it in the thread...
only someone pushing there ego wanting to be right, and thinking they are, 24.7 does shite like that
go sainters.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

i agree MC there's no need for name calling.
but, if you look at it, max would do exactly that. call people names when he's upset.

look, he's an emergency and possibly one of if not THE BEST emergency in the league. if someone comes down with something mysteriously he'll be in the team, if not we all move on. i dont agree with bev's need to worship people far beyond what they are as individuals.

if max is close enough and good enough he'll get the gig. we dont all need to worship him. that's what got us in trouble with robert harvey and look where he went .. where the money is and at the first available opportunity. i'm over worshipping players and leave that part to self-annointed idiot improvisational journalistic hacks like mike sheahan.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

While we all like our favourites and long-tem players....IT i now the real season and we need our BEST 22.

All of Blake, Zac and Max is not going to fly against many teams.

Counting againts Max is that over the last season or so he has not finished out quitea number of games.

Tough Call yes...but I am confident that Lyon will go with what he believes is our best 22....aand that is all we can ask or expect.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

jesus f****** christ i far from worship ANYONE
i just think come finals u go with experience and ability
max still has the ability, and i think he can fit into the style of play/team role.

its done, he wont get a gig if the OP is true...shite happens now.

what we have is still very very good

go sainters

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:For me this is not about sentiment, or winning Grand Finals. Its about how you treat your champions. If it was Harves, everyone would have been up in arms. Max has given his all to the club, just the same. For gods sake, don't name the guy in the side when you have no intention of playing him.

Really feel for you Max, you have been a champion and deserve to be treated better than this. :evil:
He had a shocker against the bombers, but was captain the week before in Tassie. He wasn't on his own against the bombers, however Zac's game against the Roos, I have never seen Max play worse than that, ever! So I am worried about Zac in the finals. Sentiment or not Max should be in I reckon!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Milton66
SS Life Member

Saint Bev wrote:For me this is not about sentiment, or winning Grand Finals. Its about how you treat your champions. If it was Harves, everyone would have been up in arms. Max has given his all to the club, just the same. For gods sake, don't name the guy in the side when you have no intention of playing him.

That's a bit harsh Bev. They have to name pretty much the top squad at this stage to cover all bases.

What happens if someone goes down at training tomorrow? If the article is correct, then MAx knows that he's not playing unless some one gets injured. Yet he is still required to train. So where's the disrespect??

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?