WHO WILL WEAR THE AWAY STRIP

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWodonga
Club Player

mustangjack wrote:We finished on top we wear our strip . simple
Simple normally, this is Collingwood who get their way. What I don't understand is that their normal jumper has more white, it's only been in the last 5 years or so when they have gone more black.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:who gives a fat rat's clacker?
What he said. Seriously, I only care if we win. I dont care about the ground either; if you can't play decent footy at the MCG you're kidding yourselves if you think you're a good side.

And we are a good side ... :wink:

BaysideSaint
Club Player

one word: shorts.

it isn't all about the jumper, in this case it's about black shorts versus white shorts.

we get to choose our jumper and our shorts. anything else is completely unacceptable.

claystreet
Club Player

I dont care i fthey run around in their jocks as long as they SMASH THE FILTH

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I hear that Eddie is proud to announce that the Filth will be wearing their brand new alternate pink strip.

Should be no colour clashing then.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Bono
Club Player

From the AFL:

St Kilda - Northern Stand Dressing Room 2
*****Home Guernsey / Black Shorts / Home Socks*****
Team Entry – 2.29pm

Collingwood - Northern Stand Dressing Room 1
*****Clash Guernsey / White Shorts / Home Socks*****
Team Entry – 2.26pm

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Let them have their jumper.

If it becomes an issue, they use it to spin some sort of siege mentality.

Surely the better approach would be to say'Pfffft. Let them have their jumper and bitch and moan about history and whatever else. We at St Kilda don't think it matters. We just want to concentrate on the winning.'

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Let them have their jumper.

If it becomes an issue, they use it to spin some sort of siege mentality.

Surely the better approach would be to say'Pfffft. Let them have their jumper and bitch and moan about history and whatever else. We at St Kilda don't think it matters. We just want to concentrate on the winning.'
Totally agree. What jumper you wear will not win you the game. I would wear skins if it meant we were guarenteed a win to the prelim.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Totally agree. What jumper you wear will not win you the game. I would wear skins if it meant we were guarenteed a win to the prelim.
not sure i want to see that :) but if a premiership hinges on it ...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Totally agree. What jumper you wear will not win you the game. I would wear skins if it meant we were guarenteed a win to the prelim.
No you wouldnt. maybe I am on my own but i really couldnt give a stuff which jumper we wear this week. The colours are all that matters to me not how they are arranged. Afterall we have probably had about 10 home jumpers anyway since 1897.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
No you wouldnt. maybe I am on my own but i really couldnt give a stuff which jumper we wear this week. The colours are all that matters to me not how they are arranged. Afterall we have probably had about 10 home jumpers anyway since 1897.
i agree that it is probably a non-issue, but we ought to be able to take something out of finishing on top (apart from psychological advantage).
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 31 Aug 2009 4:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Yep, let's give into the filth's stubborn petulance and let them walk all over us and deny us our right to wear our home strip.

We're just a shyte club with no pride or history anyway, and they seem like they are really proud and really want to wear their home strip.

No point making a big deal about it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Yep, let's give into the filth's stubborn petulance and let them walk all over us and deny us our right to wear our home strip.

We're just a shyte club with no pride or history anyway, and they seem like they are really proud and really want to wear their home strip.

I didnt say that. I gave an opinion that I dont care which jumper we wear. Each to their own. I suggest we put our energys into things that will win the game. The jumper will not. It will be a non issue anyway because we will wear our home strip.

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:Yep, let's give into the filth's stubborn petulance and let them walk all over us and deny us our right to wear our home strip.

I didnt say that. I gave an opinion that I dont care which jumper we wear. Each to their own. I suggest we put our energys into things that will win the game. The jumper will not. It will be a non issue anyway because we will wear our home strip.
It wasn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular.... and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we are forced to play in our away strip simply because we dont need the distraction of a big fight over it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:It wasn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular.... and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we are forced to play in our away strip simply because we dont need the distraction of a big fight over it.
where's the potential for a fight? we finished top, we wear our home strip. simple. done.

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:It wasn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular.... and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we are forced to play in our away strip simply because we dont need the distraction of a big fight over it.
where's the potential for a fight? we finished top, we wear our home strip. simple. done.
I hope you're right.... but never underestimate Eddy's capacity for being a c**k.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I hope you're right.... but never underestimate Eddy's capacity for being a c**k.
:) i never would.

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
:) i never would.
Hopefully we get to see that c**k turn purple next sunday.... :wink: