the worst umpiring on the night was ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The umpiring was abysmal. The rule yesterday was,if you wear a Stkilda jumper and get tackled at all...even touched,it's automatic holding the ball. However the opposite was true if you wore an Essendon jumper.

Anyhow,we didn't deserve to win,but I was kind of hoping that now we're a dominate side, thought we might get a free ride from the umps like all the other top sides have over the years.
Finals perhaps.... :roll:

Bring back the Lockett era
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Just checked the stats Monfries received 6 free kicks for the game. Is this an extraordinary amount of frees for 1 player to receive???

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Just checked the stats Monfries received 6 free kicks for the game. Is this an extraordinary amount of frees for 1 player to receive???
Not if they were deserved.

Haven't had the luxury of watching the replay yet.

I think our best individual this year may be 4 in a game.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:Just checked the stats Monfries received 6 free kicks for the game. Is this an extraordinary amount of frees for 1 player to receive???
Not if your knees buckle every time you get the ball and are about to be tackled.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Not if your knees buckle every time you get the ball and are about to be tackled.
...or to quote one MWer behind me on Sunday.."straight from the Joel Selwood playbook" :)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Umps were atrocious.
McPhee angle, just wandered out wherever he wanted, was surprised he didn't end up in the goal square.
Players within 5 metres for our shots eg Kosi.
Monfries - 6 free kicks - seriously!
We didn't have one free against us for tackles against the Dorks on a day we layed the most tackles ever!
Milne gets crucified, he is like the mini Barry Hall, the umps just won't pay them to him.
Stefan Grun seemed to be main perpetrator in the 2nd quarter but there may have been others too!

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Pazza
Club Player

CeilidhSaint wrote:Umps were atrocious.
McPhee angle, just wandered out wherever he wanted, was surprised he didn't end up in the goal square.
We didn't have one free against us for tackles against the Dorks on a day we layed the most tackles ever!
Milne gets crucified, he is like the mini Barry Hall, the umps just won't pay them to him.
Stefan Grun seemed to be main perpetrator in the 2nd quarter but there may have been others too!
I find it laughable to think that the Saints got dudded by the free kicks, even if the difference was only 5 in the end.

Both sides got seriously dodgy ones all match.

The biggest criticism I had was that on either side, a player's head was not considered sacrosanct enough.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Pazza wrote:
I find it laughable to think that the Saints got dudded by the free kicks, even if the difference was only 5 in the end.

The biggest criticism I had was that on either side, a player's head was not considered sacrosanct enough.
Back to Bigfooty Pizza....your a closet Bumber fan so no wonder youaint seeing the attrocious umpiring...

“Yeah….nah””
Pazza
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Pazza wrote:

Back to Bigfooty Pizza....your a closet Bumber fan so no wonder youaint seeing the attrocious umpiring...
Oh I've seen it all year...many weeks Essendon can't buy a free kick, so it's nice to actually get a leg up, even if most of the decisions aren't there.

As for my love of the Bombers, well yeah you're right - the greatest team in the comp historically - why wouldn't I follow them.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Pazza wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Pazza wrote:

Oh I've seen it all year...many weeks Essendon can't buy a free kick, so it's nice to actually get a leg up, even if most of the decisions aren't there.

As for my love of the Bombers, well yeah you're right - the greatest team in the comp historically - why wouldn't I follow them.
Historically let off for more salary cap breaches than anyone also....classy...

Im glad Bombers enjoyed their win the other night - thoroughly deserved I might add - but the "run at all cost" game plan wont stand up in Finals (IF you get there).....you heard it here first... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
jay young
Club Player

umpires make mistakes the pressure their under would be insane so dont just blame them if ess didnt have the injuries they would of won by 10 goals . i dont think we will make the grand final

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:umpires make mistakes the pressure their under would be insane so dont just blame them if ess didnt have the injuries they would of won by 10 goals . i dont think we will make the grand final
Back to bed jayits late... :?

“Yeah….nah””
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Yes, we lost the game ourselves... etc, etc, etc.... yes I do agree.
Yes, they had injuries.... etc, etc, etc.... yes I do agree. (btw, that's football)

But, calling a spade a spade here.... I firmly believe the umps had an agenda... to reward the "other team" where ever possible.
The "other team" dived so well, old Lloyd Bridges from Sea Hunt would've been impressed.
The "other team" had obviously been well schooled by the greatest diver of all time - another Lloyd. :roll:
It reminded me of a submarine going under... "woop, woop, woop, dive, dive, dive".

I too have yet to see a replay, but I have a very good mate on the case.
I'll trust his report.

All in all... I hate umpires and they did a crap job... full bloody stop.
+1

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Yes, we lost the game ourselves... etc, etc, etc.... yes I do agree.
Yes, they had injuries.... etc, etc, etc.... yes I do agree. (btw, that's football)

But, calling a spade a spade here.... I firmly believe the umps had an agenda... to reward the "other team" where ever possible.
The "other team" dived so well, old Lloyd Bridges from Sea Hunt would've been impressed.
The "other team" had obviously been well schooled by the greatest diver of all time - another Lloyd. :roll:
It reminded me of a submarine going under... "woop, woop, woop, dive, dive, dive".

I too have yet to see a replay, but I have a very good mate on the case.
I'll trust his report.

All in all... I hate umpires and they did a crap job... full bloody stop.
Yes there is no doubt they had an agenda to reward the other team. makes so much sense. Its quite logical really. I'd say they will continue that agenda for some people who watch footy for every game we play until the end of the season.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
yeah that s***s got to stop
in fact i know how to make it stop...

land so hard on the friggin idiot so he gets a REAL deserved in the back free and make him hurt like f*** for the next month.
he'll think twice about doing it again