Team Rd 20- Facebook 5pm

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Schillaci
Club Player

Pretty good ins. Almost feel sorry for the Bombers.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I think McQualter must have the same inury as last weeks injured players 8-)

I love this club
Munga
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy got a few knocks last week. Good luck choosing the bench this week.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
undecided
Club Player

Hopefully Steven will get another go

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

aussierules0k wrote:Cos I don't use Facebook or MySpace etc.
Oh noble one, welcome to the good side :D

Carpe Diem
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

mick13
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote::) Facebook is the dark side father.
Incorrect, Myspace is the dark side.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Is everything gonna run thru Facebook now - or will we still have an Official Saints Site? Cos I don't use Facebook or MySpace etc.
It will be on Facebook - that is until the AFL gain control of our Facebook site!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

facebook are bigger than the AFL.

though if dimwit got a hold of it, he'd try and fcuk that up as well.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Legendary
Club Player

McQualter's "injury" will mysteriously heal in time for our next training session ...

IMO Blake and King are certain to play ... they may rest CJ, and IMO Steven and Gwilt will miss.

So it's out of Dempster, Armo or CJ (rest) for the last spot ...

That's assuming Montagna plays.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:Is everything gonna run thru Facebook now - or will we still have an Official Saints Site? Cos I don't use Facebook or MySpace etc.
It will be on Facebook - that is until the AFL gain control of our Facebook site!
afl already have their fingers in the facebook and twitter pies-0- have their own sites and there appears to be competition between club sites.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

hate to say i told you so..no i don't...i love it...but puts the lie to the scaremongers and worry worts who reckoned that we would be resting another 5 of our top 22 this week...... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

So stinger with 32 already rested. What happens if 27,38 and say 22 join him. That will be 4 rested. Are you right still

To the top
SS Life Member

Well d roit, the players who are on the ground most are the defensive 6 and Riewoldt.

This confirms that you look for your back 6 to be stable.

The defence of Clarke, Max, Baker and then Fisher, Dawson and Gilbert looks pretty solid to me - and I would expect each of them to spend maximum time on the ground.

IF they are under pressure there are Goddard, Gram and Ray (and Jones) who can go back.

For example, if Baker gets "touched up", Ray, Jones or Gram can go back to give cover - and run from defence.

But, if any one of them is forced back that weakens the midfield rotations - and the mid-fielders are the most rotated players in the side.

The forward line, as named, is pretty imposing and you would expect your 2 key forwards of Kosi (CHF) and Roo (FF) to spend maximum time on the ground (and interchanging closer to goal within the F50 as they have been).

Kosi is the more favoured to go back if we are under pressure - but only to float as he has done in some games including against Geelong.

Then we have Montagna and Gram named in the forward 6.

So, if the likes of Blake, Dempster or Gwilt are on the bench, who do they rotate off?

Does Blake go to CHB to rotate Dawson to full back, Max to a pocket and Raph or Baker to the mid-field?

Because Blake can not rotate directly into where the rotations are required, among our mid-field of Goddard, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Gram, Ray and Ball.

And he can not rotate either Milne or Schnieder.

See the position he has been placed in by being named among the 7 interchange players, 3 of whom will drop out?

And the same goes for Dempster and Gwilt.

However, the likes of Jones, Armitage and Steven can rotate into the mid-field and can add to the flexibility of the team - including by allowing Montagna and Gram (or others in the mid-field rotation) to actually spend time where they have been named despite the remainder mid-fielders being rotated.

The fact that each of Blake, Dempster and Gwilt has been named on the 7 man interchange bench means they are among the candidates to be named as an Emergency.

Difficult decisions I acknowledge, but that is the position the form of Jones (throughout the season - and he will be in the 22 no doubt), Armitage and Steven (aligned with the injury to McQualter) throws up.

At least immediately (and it is pretty late in the season so chances will be thin on the ground from here on in).

And the incumbents have the inside running.

Of those included last week, Ball, Armitage and Steven prove that.

As does the exclusion of the 3 (Eddy, Begley and Geary - ex McQualter) and McEvoy who is squeezed out by Gardiner and King because they are the superior ruckmen and Kosi and Roo are the superior tall forwards.

You could make a case of a "lead up taller forward" on the Interchange bench, and this is the role of Gwilt - plus Dempster was tried there but without conspictious success.

But, equally, you could rotate Armitage or Steven or Jones to allow Goddard to fulfill that role or rotate Ray or Gram back to allow Clarke or Gilbert to fulfill that role.

See the added flexibility?

The bench should be a ruckman and 3 mid-fielders.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

i'd be very surprised if blake and cj weren't also given a week off. blake hasn't been named on the bench all year, why start now? and cj had some fitness concerns in sydney. so the bench would be from five:

armitage, dempster, gwilt, king, steven

king's definite and i'd say both armo and steven get another week, so that leaves one of dempster and gwilt. most likely dempster for his flexibilty, with gwilt the unlucky final omission.

lock in a bench of:

armitage, dempster, king, steven

BelfastSaint
Club Player

SEN have suggested this morning that Montagna may not get up for the game .....

claystreet
Club Player

BelfastSaint wrote:SEN have suggested this morning that Montagna may not get up for the game .....
Is he sleeping in?

:wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Round 20 final team changes: IN - Baker, Gilbert, S. Fisher, Goddard, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Riewoldt OUT - McQualter (inj), Eddy, McEvoy, Begley, Geary, Jones (inj), Steven, Gwilt

Via Facebook

Good work Armo!

mick13
Club Player

Round 20 final team changes: IN - Baker, Gilbert, S. Fisher, Goddard, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Riewoldt OUT - McQualter (inj), Eddy, McEvoy, Begley, Geary, Jones (inj), Steven, Gwilt

Heh, CJ rested as well. Good to see Armo get another gig.

starsign
Club Player

To the top wrote:Well d roit, the players who are on the ground most are the defensive 6 and Riewoldt.

This confirms that you look for your back 6 to be stable.

The defence of Clarke, Max, Baker and then Fisher, Dawson and Gilbert looks pretty solid to me - and I would expect each of them to spend maximum time on the ground.

IF they are under pressure there are Goddard, Gram and Ray (and Jones) who can go back.

For example, if Baker gets "touched up", Ray, Jones or Gram can go back to give cover - and run from defence.

But, if any one of them is forced back that weakens the midfield rotations - and the mid-fielders are the most rotated players in the side.

The forward line, as named, is pretty imposing and you would expect your 2 key forwards of Kosi (CHF) and Roo (FF) to spend maximum time on the ground (and interchanging closer to goal within the F50 as they have been).

Kosi is the more favoured to go back if we are under pressure - but only to float as he has done in some games including against Geelong.

Then we have Montagna and Gram named in the forward 6.

So, if the likes of Blake, Dempster or Gwilt are on the bench, who do they rotate off?

Does Blake go to CHB to rotate Dawson to full back, Max to a pocket and Raph or Baker to the mid-field?

Because Blake can not rotate directly into where the rotations are required, among our mid-field of Goddard, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Gram, Ray and Ball.

And he can not rotate either Milne or Schnieder.

See the position he has been placed in by being named among the 7 interchange players, 3 of whom will drop out?

And the same goes for Dempster and Gwilt.

However, the likes of Jones, Armitage and Steven can rotate into the mid-field and can add to the flexibility of the team - including by allowing Montagna and Gram (or others in the mid-field rotation) to actually spend time where they have been named despite the remainder mid-fielders being rotated.

The fact that each of Blake, Dempster and Gwilt has been named on the 7 man interchange bench means they are among the candidates to be named as an Emergency.

Difficult decisions I acknowledge, but that is the position the form of Jones (throughout the season - and he will be in the 22 no doubt), Armitage and Steven (aligned with the injury to McQualter) throws up.

At least immediately (and it is pretty late in the season so chances will be thin on the ground from here on in).

And the incumbents have the inside running.

Of those included last week, Ball, Armitage and Steven prove that.

As does the exclusion of the 3 (Eddy, Begley and Geary - ex McQualter) and McEvoy who is squeezed out by Gardiner and King because they are the superior ruckmen and Kosi and Roo are the superior tall forwards.

You could make a case of a "lead up taller forward" on the Interchange bench, and this is the role of Gwilt - plus Dempster was tried there but without conspictious success.

But, equally, you could rotate Armitage or Steven or Jones to allow Goddard to fulfill that role or rotate Ray or Gram back to allow Clarke or Gilbert to fulfill that role.

See the added flexibility?

The bench should be a ruckman and 3 mid-fielders.
that's a pretty good analysis, and I started to think along similar lines when I saw this extended bench
We are blessed with a fair amount of flexibility within the 18 named but the final 22 will be interesting

When/where is the final 22 announced?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda
B: Raphael Clarke, Max Hudghton, Steven Baker
HB: Sam Fisher, Zac Dawson, Sam Gilbert
C: Brendon Goddard, Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Leigh Montagna, Justin Koschitzke, Jason Gram
F: Stephen Milne, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Farren Ray, Luke Ball
I/C: David Armitage, Jason Blake, Sean Dempster, Steven King.

claystreet
Club Player

Blake being named on the I/C hmmm

who are the emergencies?

markp
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:St Kilda
It's round 20, we're 19-zip, and that is a wonderful sight.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

markp wrote:
perfectionist wrote:St Kilda
It's round 20, we're 19-zip, and that is a wonderful sight.
+ 1 :)