ZAC VERDICT !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:Shocked? It's a joke, but worth taking to the Appeals Board which can look at any evidence, including past incidents. Remember, this was the Tribunal.

Normally I would disagree. i think an appeal is an absolute waste of time however its more a case of justice in this case - that did not deserve two weeks, it does not deserve one week. The Tribunal members should hang their heads in shame.

Appeal it I say.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I still don't understand how the hell it was illegal! Must appeal

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Shocked? It's a joke, but worth taking to the Appeals Board which can look at any evidence, including past incidents. Remember, this was the Tribunal.
Well it is chooklotto with this brilliant system:-

Jordan Lewis punches Firrito in the stomach hard enough to drop him to his kness and gets told by the Tribunal that there was 'insufficient force to constitute a blow'.
This was decided by the tribunal not the MRP.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

donthglfa wrote:I dont think it was even worth a free kick let alone 2 weeks out :evil:
Neither did the umpire and he was ten metres away.

donthglfa
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:

Jordan Lewis punches Firrito in the stomach hard enough to drop him to his kness and gets told by the Tribunal that there was 'insufficient force to constitute a blow'.

And you can get weeks for attempting to strike ???????

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

And it was the Tribunal who overturned Lewis' 1 week (early plea) penalty with the decision that there was 'insufficient force'.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Typical s*** effort from the AFL. Appeal seems like a waste of time, given he's a St Kilda player, but it would be good to send the AFL a message.

donthglfa
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

And it was the Tribunal who overturned Lewis' 1 week (early plea) penalty with the decision that there was 'insufficient force'.

Remember the gtrains love tap on Cloke (I think) and Barry Halls tap on goose? ........Sufficient impact matters not to the Tribunal :evil:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Whilst its all well & good for us to all jump up & down screaming APPEAL, APPEAL, we need to consider the rules of appeal.

My understanding is that for a case to go to appeal, you need to be able to prove that the tribunal did not follow ALL the Laws/Rules correctly. With Lawyers now involved, it has become a very complex (and costly) situation. I say we leave these decisions to the club's Legal people !!

SaintDebi
Club Player

I'm not overly surprised, but I'm really disappointed. :(

older saint
SS Life Member

chook lotto this tribunal

Always going to go once the MRP put it up as the AFL was embarrassed last week with Lewis and the difference between the MRP and tribunal .

That incident was a joke and not even a free kick. Bloody Anderson making the game as soft as he is

Richter
SS Life Member

Anybody got any vision and can load it up somewhere?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Grimfang
Club Player

donthglfa wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

And you can get weeks for attempting to strike ???????
Only if your intials are SB and you wear two tones and a colour!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Screw the appeal, screw the AFL, court injunction, this is absolute BS, how do you get twio weeks for doing something within the rules.
Seems it's still okay to break someones jaw with a shepherd, but not bowl them over.
As I said on the other thread, umpire right there and didn't even think it warranted a free kick.
Maybe the AFL are still getting us back for Silvio and Morwood.
GOd I hate this organisation.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Typical s*** effort from the AFL. Appeal seems like a waste of time, given he's a St Kilda player, but it would be good to send the AFL a message.
Hmmm...AFL website article says we won't be appealing, which is a shame. Still, on the eve of the finals, why expend the energy. Zac, of all our players, is well covered for in our line-up, should we require a direct replacement.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Screw the appeal, screw the AFL, court injunction, this is absolute BS, how do you get twio weeks for doing something within the rules.
Seems it's still okay to break someones jaw with a shepherd, but not bowl them over.
As I said on the other thread, umpire right there and didn't even think it warranted a free kick.
agreed...

Take this BS to the Courts IMO

It's time the Club make a stand and support the player all the way

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Had to check the date before I posted as I thought this had to be a joke, apparently not.

In this day and age of professional AFL clubs who train all week blocking players to release runners, including blocking those on the mark, every AFL player would expect to be blocked, sheparded or know there's some chance of being checked when he's standing in front of an opposition player with the ball.

Consistency, transparency and common sense are only words and phrases Demetriou and his empire read in dictionaries and think they sound good and the football public is stupid enough to believe they apply to the AFL.

I've had it with St Kilda being bent over by the AFL, time to make a statement and appeal if only to say we've had enough of these bullsh!t inconsistencies. Time to expose this seriously corrupt organisation that masks itself as the keepers of our great game.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

We can wear it and continue to give the message that we'll roll over, and ease the tribunals minds that their decisions, however inconsistent, will not be fought.

Or we can appeal it, get lawyers in to highlight the inconsistencies over the season, and send a message that we will stand by our players when we believe they have been harshly treated. The tribunal will know in future that they will be called to account if we believe their decision is wrong!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

If any one sees Denmetriou this week, line him up and bowl him over, then get a good lawyer to make sure you get a suspended sentence (which should be easy).

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Screw the appeal, screw the AFL, court injunction, this is absolute BS, how do you get twio weeks for doing something within the rules.
agreed...

Take this BS to the Courts IMO

It's time the Club make a stand and support the player all the way
Not worth it Fid.

We all know it's complete BS and that Monkey Boy is a clueless twit, but if we appeal, the AFL at very least will screw us with the 2010 draw - which would be far worse than just copping the two weeks.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:If any one sees Denmetriou this week, line him up and bowl him over, then get a good lawyer to make sure you get a suspended sentence (which should be easy).
Stuff the lawyer, wear a Swans jumper.

HarveysDeciple

When was the last time we were "fortunate" at the tribunal?

And how many times have been treated "a little harshly" in the last 5 years.....

Very very poor run of outs.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:We can wear it and continue to give the message that we'll roll over, and ease the tribunals minds that their decisions, however inconsistent, will not be fought.

Or we can appeal it, get lawyers in to highlight the inconsistencies over the season, and send a message that we will stand by our players when we believe they have been harshly treated. The tribunal will know in future that they will be called to account if we believe their decision is wrong!
Spot On!

Time to make a stand on this, we got shafted a while back when Baker coped a 7 match suspension and Sheldon got shafted because of it.

Take them to Court and prove that this is BS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Dawson's actions were reckless and unnecessary. The actions of the club by appealing were also reckless and unnecessary.

The ball had already been kicked and there was no way that Symes should be expecting contact.

For some reason, not the MRP's fault, an unnecessary bump is considered "Rough Conduct" and is penalised more harshly than a strike or a head butt. The MRP just applied the formula.

I still think they got the Steven King one wrong and that is the one that should have gone to the tribunal. This challenge was never going to be successful.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
degruch
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:I still think they got the Steven King one wrong and that is the one that should have gone to the tribunal. This challenge was never going to be successful.
Steven King's charge was murder compared to Zac's...I'd be more than happy to see the club appeal, as it sends the right message to the AFL. HOWEVER, we've probably got bigger fish to fry.