Etihad Stadium Catering...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Just as a matter of principal, I don't think I've ever bought a single piece of food from Colonial Stadium/Telstra Dome/Etihad Stadium (except maybe the odd bucket of chips in the first year or two) and with prices continually going up and having the feeling they'd sell their own mothers for money, I doubt I will again any time soon (especially with better quality food just outside and nearby).

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Seems a good thread to give a a blatant plug to Nixons (bar down the Bourke St steps and across the road from ES)

Had dinner and drinks there prior to attending the Ess v Doggies game last Fri night. Great, fairly priced food and drinks served by friendly very efficient people who obviously love their job and get a huge buzz from the challenge being rushed off their feet. Nothing was too much trouble, we didnt pay for our 1st round of drinks as the senior waitress decided they'd taken too long to arrive. The difference in service between there and Livewire is frightening

Would go back in a heartbeat and if we ever decided to bite the bullet and give Livewire the flick, Id vote to relocate our pre-game sips over the road there without hesitation

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:The difference in service between there and Livewire is frightening

Would go back in a heartbeat and if we ever decided to bite the bullet and give Livewire the flick, Id vote to relocate our pre-game sips over the road there without hesitation
don't just think about it....do it.......and...i might join you..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Maxstar22
Club Player

Just wanted to bump this up again and let you all know about my experience with the "catering" on sat night.

We arrived about 5.45 as per usual. Got into our seats and thought it would be nice to grab a nice hot chocolate.

When I went to order, the girl looked at me and said "I'm sorry we have no chocolate". WTF!!! The gates had ony been open for 15-20 mins and they had already sold out??? You have got to be kidding. After my little rant to the girl, she promptly told me that they run out of chocolate last week and they haven't had any new deliveries as yet.

Absolutely disgraceful.

I had never realised how bad it actually was until Sat night. I take in my own food and don't drink at the game, so have never really needed the "catering". However, when my partner came back with a drink for himself that cost nearly $10, I nearly dropped nice cheap ham and cheese roll!!

I can;t see how anyone could possibly afford to eat and drink at the footy. Well I suppose you could afford it seen as they never have anything you want anyways!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

a couple of things along same lines

I bought 2 sandwiches and muffin and piece of cake for under $7,--at IGA -Dome- near Nixons
sandwiches on special but within date,

on Ten news this evening
Seaworld on the gold coast have introduced food new bag checks- for FOOD

the only food you may take in is baby food or anything for those with allergies..

go to the melbourne Aquarium............

PS not surprised the Flare got in Saturday- the bag search i was given was non existant............

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Glad we arent playing there for three weeks now..I reckon the bag checks might be ramped up a bit. Security were embarrased by that flare (and apprently there were two lit) Id say.

My lil one-person thermos is about the same size as a flare I reckon..and every week its not visible but in an outside pocket of my bag..and every week noone asks what it is

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I smuggled my Nandos chicken burger for myself and extra large chips for Jnr in the weekend :D

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!