When will Luke Ball come back

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:He will be in line behind Geary at the moment.

lol

ace
Saintsational Legend

When will Ball come back?

When the Sydney cheer squad throw it back.

And that is after St Kilda has made a good long kick-in to a player in the clear.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintWodonga
Club Player

spert wrote:He will be in line behind Geary at the moment.
Maybe Armo too!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There were reports that Bally has been on a "Training Load" over the past few weeks to get his fitness back up. I suspect that his chest injury would set him back a further week or two.

My Guess is that he will be back for either the Ess game in Rd 21 (might be 1 week too early) or the Nth game in Rd 22 !!

Quixote
SS Life Member

groupie1 wrote:the resting groin/increasing training intensity before tapering just before finals theory makes sense if we consider the first weekend he was dropped Scorpions had a bye. mean a forced rest from game pressure... enables increased training intensity, before rejoining Scorpions for a few weeks and reintroduced just before finals. Good planning Saints.

I'm with ya.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

He looked fine at training today.

Probably play with Sandy again this week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would think Bally is a good chance for a return this week if he can train fully today.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

REturn to the saints, or play with Sandy again plugger?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:There were reports that Bally has been on a "Training Load" over the past few weeks to get his fitness back up. I suspect that his chest injury would set him back a further week or two.

My Guess is that he will be back for either the Ess game in Rd 21 (might be 1 week too early) or the Nth game in Rd 22 !!
I agree with you Eastern but I think those are rounds 20 and 21. You would think they would want him back in at least 2 rounds prior to finals. This would also enable them to reduce Lenny's TOG in the lead up.

Personally I want to see him playing this week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:REturn to the saints, or play with Sandy again plugger?
I'd be confident he could play with the saints this week. The way i see it MG, Zac and Bally for Max, King and Eddy.

bob__71
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
I'd be confident he could play with the saints this week. The way i see it MG, Zac and Bally for Max, King and Eddy.
Oi! now we dont have your weekly thread to look forward to

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Oi! now we dont have your weekly thread to look forward to
Yes you will this is Tuesday by Thursday I will have changed my mind. Sorry about that.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Out of form?

Maybe,

Or are you trying turn him into something he is not, or once was but wont be again? What does he need to do? Become Joey like and play blazing outside midfield style? Why? His in and under stuff any club would die to have. I dont get it.

Personally, if he isnt ABLE to run and kick like he used to, I dont give a s***. His hard stuff in close will do me! Its by FAR up to standard, takes some heat off Lenny and others, win win init?

Meh, club would certainy know better than me, but I was just used to a disabled Luke Ball still giving his all, and STILL having a real and meaningful impact. More fool me I guess.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Out of form?

Maybe,

Or are you trying turn him into something he is not, or once was but wont be again? What does he need to do? Become Joey like and play blazing outside midfield style? Why? His in and under stuff any club would die to have. I dont get it.

Personally, if he isnt ABLE to run and kick like he used to, I dont give a s***. His hard stuff in close will do me! Its by FAR up to standard, takes some heat off Lenny and others, win win init?

Meh, club would certainy know better than me, but I was just used to a disabled Luke Ball still giving his all, and STILL having a real and meaningful impact. More fool me I guess.
Spot on, personally I think he's just as good if not better for us than Sam Mitchell is for Hawthorn.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

iwantmeseats wrote:Out of form?

Maybe,

I think he is better that what you say even ... final's plan?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.