Saints Walk of Fame

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:It'd be great to pay a visit and reminisce when seeing the names and handprints of Micky Dwyer, Frank Coghlan, Brett Bowey, Chris Stone, Jeff Dunne and Rod Owen.
Not to mention the likes of Paul Temay, Kain Taylor, Damon Shaw, and Damien Bourke.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Cant wait to visit Tony Delaney's star....

Awesome.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Ahhhh the memories.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:It'd be great to pay a visit and reminisce when seeing the names and handprints of Micky Dwyer, Frank Coghlan, Brett Bowey, Chris Stone, Jeff Dunne and Rod Owen.
Not to mention the likes of Paul Temay, Kain Taylor, Damon Shaw, and Damien Bourke.
And some of my favourites:-
Don Disher
Mikan Faletic
Russell Tweedale
Alby Smedts

ANd we could have a 'crooked' path celebrating our Carlton recruits
Marcou
Kourkemelis
Jezza
Wow
McConville
Sheldon
McMaster-Smith
etc

saintly
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:The 'buy a brick' thing is clearly just a money generator. And I see it that way.

I'm a supporter, and having my name on a brick outside the club because I paid for it, is actually a bit lame really.

But for players who have bled for the club, it would be a great way to recognise them, and let the supporters remember them too.

It'd be great to pay a visit and reminisce when seeing the names and handprints of Micky Dwyer, Frank Coghlan, Brett Bowey, Chris Stone, Jeff Dunne and Rod Owen.

Guys who are often forgotten once they retire, but bought us plenty of joy and entertainment when we were kids.

Surely someone out there would be keen to sponsor it and have their name plastered all over it when it's opened and every time someone gets their handprint casted!
proably would be picked up tby the newspapers everytime somehas gone sayy 100 games.

someone should be sending this detail to the club.

saintm
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:I agree, wonderful idea thanks.
I also agree with the 50 game issue - if it's good enough to be recognized by the club, players and cheersquad... and it is... then it's good enough for a walk of fame style thing.
Also, there are people who've been cruely struck down by injury who might have been your favourite, but who played over 50 and less than 100 due to injury. Jason Cripps comes to mind. And one of our most famous, Colin Watson, was another.
Aaron Hamill would also fit into your latter category, played 98 games for the Saints I think.

If an acknowledgement of all players is preferable, perhaps a wall with yearly teams lists since the inception of the Club, though this would be dependant on the records available.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:The 'buy a brick' thing is clearly just a money generator. And I see it that way.

I'm a supporter, and having my name on a brick outside the club because I paid for it, is actually a bit lame really.

But for players who have bled for the club, it would be a great way to recognise them, and let the supporters remember them too.

It'd be great to pay a visit and reminisce when seeing the names and handprints of Micky Dwyer, Frank Coghlan, Brett Bowey, Chris Stone, Jeff Dunne and Rod Owen.

Guys who are often forgotten once they retire, but bought us plenty of joy and entertainment when we were kids.

Surely someone out there would be keen to sponsor it and have their name plastered all over it when it's opened and every time someone gets their handprint casted!
Why not have the best of both worlds?

The Club go ahead and do teh project

then

'sell off' the sponsorship of a brick to people/corporations who could have their names added to the players' bricks as thier sponsor (like the current player sponsorship program).

Milton66
SS Life Member

Great idea, no doubt.

Given the OP's form, let's hope that if the club decides not to do it, that we don't get any of the "this club treats supporters with contempt" cr@pola, as is his want.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Great idea, no doubt.

Given the OP's form, let's hope that if the club decides not to do it, that we don't get any of the "this club treats supporters with contempt" cr@pola, as is his want.
Boy, what a cynical post on a pretty positive thread.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im sure the crows have something like this in their 'shed'.

i think its a big wall when u walk in and every player has signed it or something.
ive never been in there tho

marksnsparks
Club Player

To keep costs down, why don't we just include premiership captains so we can just build a step in front of the main doors.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

speaking of recognition- I really like the Cats 150 jumper- bit like the Allstars jumper from last year - with all the names on it-- still kicking myself I didn't pick one up ( allstars that is Not Cats)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:To keep costs down, why don't we just include premiership captains so we can just build a step in front of the main doors.
Hope the building not to far aff the ground or it could be one big step.