Dermie was right

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Why does it matter. The game was live turn the sound off and put the radio on. I would think it shows the respect for us because they know how good we are and they are hoping for an upset.
That's what I did towards the end of the second quarter.
It was so biased, to say the call was unprofessional would be the understatement of the year.
At least with Clinton Grybas you got an objective calling of the game.

BT get off the telly and take Jako with you

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:At least with Clinton Grybas you got an objective calling of the game.
...or rather, did have. :(

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Glen Jackass had no hope of providing special comments on St Kilda's play.
It is not his fault he simply does not have the IQ... .
Could have stopped right there. the guy is a cabbage of the highest order.

Called us Geelong a couple of times, tripped over his own words, barracked for free kicks for the E-Girls but said nothing when blatant frees were miss for the Saints.

As for turning the sound down and turning on the radio - like the cricket commentary, the radio is about 3 seconds ahead of the visuals.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The WA calls are ALWAYS shite.

But yesterday's was off the richter.

Jackass is a meathead who is silent on all things non Weagles and Taylor THREE times said Weagles were in front.

It really is a terrible reflection on Fox that the country's most popular code is broadcast by unprofessional dribblers sometimes. Surely there's some altrnative talent?

Stjohn
Club Player

While we are at it...

Did anyone else find some of the camera-work - long camera shots behind the goals, zoom in zoom out shots, and that fact that the ground was half in sunlight/half in shade, very hard to look at? Maybe they used Chanel seven cameramen, over there?

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: While we are at it...

Stjohn wrote:Did anyone else find some of the camera-work - long camera shots behind the goals, zoom in zoom out shots, and that fact that the ground was half in sunlight/half in shade, very hard to look at? Maybe they used Chanel seven cameramen, over there?
Watching football on tv is always frustrating.... you really need to see what's happening all over the ground.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i miss the days of being able to watch the interactive game of the round on Fox with the camera angle set to 'Stadium' so the view was much further out.

instead i get close ups of boot laces or satellite images from the hubble telescope when watching 7 :?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dermie was right

Goose is king wrote:Glen Jackovic should not commentate on West Coast games.

He is the special comments man but only comments on the West Coast players and their position/perspective.

He is very quick to make comment after a West Coast goal and then is silent after a Saints goal.
Watch most of the perth games regardless of teams playing - what is more disturbing is that the others in the box don't seem to rate his opinion, you can feel the tension a mile away.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah I noticed Healy wasn't happy with Jako either after he didn't make a comment after a Saints goal. Healy threw it to him and got doughnuts. This was in the first quarter and the goal before that West Coast kicked he gave a small lecture about the goal.

My beef with Jak. has nothing to do with the fact it was a Saints game, it is just so unprofessional and should not be tolerated by Fox Sports.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SteveStevens66 wrote:To all those who would say that it doesn't matter or that we should move on, I would say it does matter. It is an issue that concerns the fundamental tenets of what it means to be a professional. Listen to commentary from any other sport, EPL in England, NFL, MLB or Basketball in the States; the commentators are never biased and certainly do not barrack as BT did today. Nowhere else in the world do you have ex-players as commentators. They are only used as special comments people. Everywhere else, professional broadcasters are used.

The larger issue is the incestuous nature of being involved in any dimension of AFL, from administration to the media. It is jobs by the boys for the boys.
Obviously you haven't watched an NRL game with former players commentating on the game. The poor old Canterbury Bulldogs who are on top of the ladder are in a similar boat to us. They barely rate or get a mention........

My advise is to contact Fox Sports and make let them know your objections. No point whinging and bitching about it on a forum. Go the source and make your opinion know. If at least half the people on this thread contacted Fox Sports, they would at least have to look at it!

Fortius Quo Fidelius