3AW discussing whether the Cats were robbed right now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I thought we were slaughtered by the umps HOWEVER

The first goal to Ablett following the 50m penalty was technically correct. It was piss weak, but just coz our holding weren't paid, doesn't mean that wasn't the right call

The 1 to Varcoe was right too

The one against Milne was a joke, Roo was slaughtered and Hayes had it tough all day

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote:I thought we were slaughtered by the umps HOWEVER

The first goal to Ablett following the 50m penalty was technically correct. It was piss weak, but just coz our holding weren't paid, doesn't mean that wasn't the right call

The 1 to Varcoe was right too

The one against Milne was a joke, Roo was slaughtered and Hayes had it tough all day
This is what annoyed me more than anything with the umpiring yesterday. If they consistently pay the free kicks to both teams, not a problem. However, when they are only paid to one side, then i have a problem.

I don't mind umpires missing the odd free and making the odd error. They are human. However, when they have to pick out technical free kicks (that i have not seen paid all year and I watch 4-6 matches a week) to get Geelong back in the game, then I am pi%$ed off! Then the icing on the cake is the media and Geelong fuming over the one free kick that wasn't paid in the final 5 minutes.....what is up with that?

Despite all of that, our team found kept coming up with the answers, regardless of what the umpires and Geelong threw at us and we WON THE 4 POINTS!!!! This is what impressed me more than anything else. Let them under rate us, let them bitch about the umpiring. Happy for the media and the AFL world to continue to under rate us. Suits our purpose.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote: Despite all of that, our team found kept coming up with the answers, regardless of what the umpires and Geelong threw at us and we WON THE 4 POINTS!!!! This is what impressed me more than anything else. Let them under rate us, let them bitch about the umpiring. Happy for the media and the AFL world to continue to under rate us. Suits our purpose.
EXACTLY

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Hang on, the Geelong supporters can bitch about their advantage paid but in the first quarter with ~9 minutes to go the exact same thing happens on our forward flank after Dal get a holding the ball! Advantage is paid when the ball is kicked straight to a Cats player.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:Hang on, the Geelong supporters can bitch about their advantage paid but in the first quarter with ~9 minutes to go the exact same thing happens on our forward flank after Dal get a holding the ball! Advantage is paid when the ball is kicked straight to a Cats player.
And when you get to see the last quarter, you'll see the exact same thing occur when Lenny gets an advantage call that goes straight to a Geelong player on teh wing and comes straight back over his head.

That doesn't matter though - it wasn't a Geelong bad decision.
Only Geelong bad decisions warrant mention by media or fans.