Is there any law against.......?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:
battye wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
battye wrote:Are you allowed to, when taking a kick, run right up to the man on the mark and:

a) run/walk into them
b) kick the ball into them

And if so, why isn't this tactic used, especially if you were a long way out and wanted to gain a few extra metres :lol:
You an definitely kick it into him but I am unsure how you gain extra ground compared to a 50 metre kick. You can also run walk into him but if he tackles you and you dont dispose of the ball correctly it is incorrect disposal.
If you were within a metre or two of him and you're loading up to kick 50 odd metres, I reckon there's a good chance the bloke on the mark would move his hands from over his head to other areas of his body :lol:

Because he couldn't go over the mark to tackle you, his only options are to move back or to get out of the way (unless he's willing to take a hit for the team).
Technically the man on the mark must have his hands straight up. You can't have your arms ahead of the mark. So technically if the player goes to smother it, its 50m. This rule was brought in a few years ago to stop players throwing grass at the player kicking. If the player gets that close to the mark, the umpire probably wouldn't pay a 50. I wouldn't anyway. It's a silly rule, unless they are throwing grass at the player you wouldn't pay (throwing boots would also be 50m penalty, though I don't think there is a specific rule.
The player on the mark can be pulling the pud. It doesnt matter as long as if he pulling the pud he is is 6 inches before where the mark is. Nothing says he has to have his hands over his head. Honny Holmes would have to be a foot behind the mark.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

If the player on the mark was pulling the pud he would probably be playing in different colours to ours...

And Honny Holmes - Johnny's brother/sister/cousin?

Sounds like a chick's name, so can probably stand closer in your metaphor.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

haven't read the full thread but i remember an article about one of the rugby's and how they boost a player from a throw in and some one intelligent like alves said its illegal under the AFL laws of the game.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!