This was the Sweetest Victory!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

the radio last night and today was on

how good was carlton. very little about how the saints were able to sustain the pressure. Or on how good we are to win 12 in row.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Re: This was the Sweetest Victory!

plugger66 wrote:
murph_u_ripper wrote:
kalsaint wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Carlton is only one of 16 teams, but they have been the most successful VFL/AFL team over the distance. So, a win of this stature, our 12th this year and our 12th in a row against them, is especially sweet.

The never say die attitude of this current group is as good as I have ever seen from any team. There were plenty of mistakes and our backline was just too big, but yet again they found a way to win. A fantastic victory.
For a home and away game this is about as good as it gets.

The former rich purchasers of Aussies best talent got the leveler of the salary cap and couldnt handle it. So they cheated and copped a long lull in their history that they hate.

Any time this lot lose to the Saints I am ecstatic. I am not a fan of the Bumbers but I hope they cream The cheaters too and have them fighting for 9th position again this year.

All i can say to this poster is....the sainters with their 'tragic' history of one flag by one point should not comment about the most successful club in the land till they have rectified the problems in their own back yard.

We , the mighty carlton footy club never 'cheated' as you put it. We simply refused to play by the rules of mediocrity- that is stoop to the level of clubs such as yours and be 'middle of the road' by stupid salary cap enforcements.

Will you win the premiership this year? History would say no way. I actually think you are a bit slow in the midfield and rely alot on Roo, whom of which will be safely held by either Scarlett of Lake, depending on who makes the Preliminary final to play against you.

Watch out for the blues, saints supporters... because U KNOW WE'RE COMMING, and had Houlihan kicked straight tonight, or Fev not missed those goals, you'd have been defeated.
I really wonder about people who come onto anothers clubs board. They must have the worst life in the world. I suggest you grab $150 and go get a root.

one of my shameless mates only had to spend $70 he said the other day plugger :wink:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Carlton are cheats.

Their captain is a mercenary (of and didn't the Carlton fans enjoy hearing that from me all night :lol: :lol: ). One even asked me how many "rejects" we had in the Saints team. Went very quiet when I announced to all the Saints fans around me a Carlton supporter had just confirmed that Judd was a reject :D . What a tosser :D

Also get vey upset every time I thanked him for Goddard. :D

Their cancerous dead President should have spent his last days in jail.

Their current president is a dribbling moron.

Their fans are arrogant idiots.

Last night WAS the SWEETEST Victory in a long long time.

The faces of the Carlton morons behind me at fulltime was GOLD.

Especially when I smiled and said 12 in a row. :D

Oh what a beautiful morning....
Oh what a beautiful day....
I've got a wonderful feeling....
Everythings going my way.....

Eat s*** Cheating Carlton scumbags
....not to mention an excellent education for your daughter :)

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Carlton are cheats.

Their captain is a mercenary (of and didn't the Carlton fans enjoy hearing that from me all night :lol: :lol: ). One even asked me how many "rejects" we had in the Saints team. Went very quiet when I announced to all the Saints fans around me a Carlton supporter had just confirmed that Judd was a reject :D . What a tosser :D

Also get vey upset every time I thanked him for Goddard. :D

Their cancerous dead President should have spent his last days in jail.

Their current president is a dribbling moron.

Their fans are arrogant idiots.

Last night WAS the SWEETEST Victory in a long long time.

The faces of the Carlton morons behind me at fulltime was GOLD.

Especially when I smiled and said 12 in a row. :D

Oh what a beautiful morning....
Oh what a beautiful day....
I've got a wonderful feeling....
Everythings going my way.....

Eat s*** Cheating Carlton scumbags
You bloody betcha!!!

The thing is, and I pointed this out to a piece of sh1t Carlton guy next to me, who felt obliged to start having a go at me for no reason whatsoever, that nothing hurts Carlton more than getting done by us - lowly St Kilda in their eyes. Its an absolute humiliation for them, its the absolute insult, its the bully's worst nightmare - and they always were arrogant bullies.

The media talk them up and pander to their egos and they start believing their own hype. They come out in big numbers full of bullsh1t and bile
all cocky as f***, shooting off their mouths, all on board the bandwagon, pumping themselves up that "tonight's the night" that the mighty baggers are gonna show us who's boss and how it should be.

The same thing happened last year yet we ran away with it in the last quarter. The blokes standing next to me who were St Kilda soft this and One Flag that were all gone by the 15 minute mark of the last, spitting chips and bagging their boys most bitterly. One guy came out of nowhere all punchy and mean having a go at us as we laughed at him, then went swinging at Saints supporter who had his 2 young kids there, not doing anything other than clapping along and singing the song after the final siren. Lovely stuff Carlton.

May the we never succumb to the Scum - keeping it sweet by keeping them beat!!!!