Possible start time change fro the Geelong game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
DESPERATE fans who want tickets to the blockbuster between St Kilda and Geelong at Etihad Stadium are being gouged by scalpers on eBay. A pair of tickets for the July 5 clash was offered on eBay yesterday for $500, with plenty of other seats offered for sale.

The AFL sought to move the highly anticipated match to the MCG, where an extra 30,000 fans could have bought tickets.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:and hence why is a terrible decision

totally pandering to a crap TV station who don't give a flying .... about the football public!!!

Game of the season and there wont even be the team singing the song :roll: channel 10 would not let it happen like this!!
I am not sure if you realise but if it wasnt live you wouldnt hear the song anyway. Great decision for the thousands who cannot get in that it is now live.
no they should have put it live at it's arranged time which they put on the fixture 10 months ago! Would have got a good pre-match, interview and team song after the game. Would have been fantastic for those missing the game.
In the end it's a terrible decision for those who organised to go at 2.10!!!

But why would the supporters interests EVER co-incide with the AFL's and channel 7's......

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

totally pandering to a crap TV station who don't give a flying .... about the football public!!!

Game of the season and there wont even be the team singing the song :roll: channel 10 would not let it happen like this!!
I am not sure if you realise but if it wasnt live you wouldnt hear the song anyway. Great decision for the thousands who cannot get in that it is now live.
OK then..give us one good reason that doesnt involve TV ratings why it couldnt have been shown live at 2.10?

God blind Freddy can see that Ch 7 have told the AFL "You want your game live, then shift it to 3pm cos we are showing it at that time whether you do or not".Co-operation?? Pfft

So...the interests of those fans who have got their act together early, bought a ticket in good faith for a 2.10 start, and possibly made travel plans, mean nothing then?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Some may think big deal if the game starts at 3 rather than 2, but for some of us that take young kids to the game an hour later does make a difference.

For this reason alone, I'd far prefer they stick to the schedule of a 2pm start!
+1 100% agree, basically just gives us another twilight game.

A sellout leaving people upset and wanting to go encourages people to get off their behind to become members and get a reserved seat, its called pent up demand.

It doesn't worry me watching delayed telecasts on a Friday night if we are playing interstate, mobile is turned off and the world still turns.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

OK then..give us one good reason that doesnt involve TV ratings why it couldnt have been shown live at 2.10?

God blind Freddy can see that Ch 7 have told the AFL "You want your game live, then shift it to 3pm cos we are showing it at that time whether you do or not".Co-operation?? Pfft

So...the interests of those fans who have got their act together early, bought a ticket in good faith for a 2.10 start, and possibly made travel plans, mean nothing then?
Of course it involves ratings. Do you think these TV stations just donate 750 million or maybe a billion next time. If it wasnt for that money there would be at least 3 less clubs maybe even more. People need to get use to the fact that if they pay huge money then TV will demand a lot more to do with the fixture.

As to the hour differance apart from anyone who may have travel issues which is a huge problem the one hour surely makes no differance at all even if you have young children. If people want to whinge, whinge about things that are important not that a game is one hour later.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

What would important enough to whinge about, plugger66?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What would important enough to whinge about, plugger66?
I dunno maybe the price of beer at the Boundary Hotel.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Apparently it may have something to do with the V8s that are on earlier in the day. Racing in Townsville?
And they have the broadcast time up until 3pm as it was explained to me.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

the 3:10 start means i might be able to watch the game live on television, but stil won't be getting there.

god i hate Sunday games

Robert Harvey- Simply the best