Sandy V Bendigo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Goose will never play as a ruckman again in the AFL.
you're probably right, but i thought it worthy of a mention since ross obviously considers it a possibility.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 31 May 2009 5:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

thequarry
Club Player

FINAL SCORE
Sandringham 4.3, 10.6, 15.11, 20.16.136
Bendigo 0.0, 0.1, 2.3, 3.6.24

I hope someone can give us FAR more thorough details shortly (I only got these from the VFL website...).

Richter
SS Life Member

From the look of that score, the defence was good. Probably not a suprise with Dempster, Hudgton and Maguire in the Zeb.s back 6. All of them proven AFL backmen.

Also puts pressure on our current back 6 which has to be a good thing.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
starsign
Club Player

Looks like our backs had a bit of a walk in the park!
Max and the Goose evidently had a run down forward
And be very interested in hearing how Dempsters hit out went.. great to see him out there

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:From the look of that score, the defence was good. Probably not a suprise with Dempster, Hudgton and Maguire in the Zeb.s back 6. All of them proven AFL backmen.

Also puts pressure on our current back 6 which has to be a good thing.
Goose played foward for fair bit of the game, Dempster played in the seconds and Max had stuff all to do.Something tells me with that forward line our midfield and forwards would have been best.

Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: Goose played foward for fair bit of the game, Dempster played in the seconds and Max had stuff all to do.Something tells me with that forward line our midfield and forwards would have been best.
Were you at the game Plugger? i wasn't but am going on Zebraman's Qtr time report (at which time Bendigo were 0.0....)
Dempster has had a couple of touches and is moving freely...Hudghton and Maguire doing well in defence
I also thought that Dempster had been named in the 2s.....

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
undecided
Club Player

I thought dempster was named inboth
Last edited by undecided on Sun 31 May 2009 6:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Goose played foward for fair bit of the game, Dempster played in the seconds and Max had stuff all to do.Something tells me with that forward line our midfield and forwards would have been best.
Were you at the game Plugger? i wasn't but am going on Zebraman's Qtr time report (at which time Bendigo were 0.0....)
i left at half time and goose was in the backline the entire game up until then. don't know what happened in the second half.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Dempster has had a couple of touches and is moving freely...Hudghton and Maguire doing well in defence
No actually at the gold coast. I could have made afool of myself which wouldnt be unusuall but I read Goose played forward at least for some of the game and I was positive Dempster played in the seconds.Sorry if I am wrong but still think themids and forwards would have done more with that score.

thequarry
Club Player

Taken from SammyFish25's post on BigFooty:

VFL SENIORS

Sandringham 4.3 10.6 15.11 20.16 (136)
Bendigo Bombers 0.0 0.1 2.3 3.6 (24)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 8 Gallagher 2 Heyne 2 Maguire Fisher Miles Stanley Begley Lynch Steven Clarke
Bendigo Bombers: Weekley Holmes Stroobants

BEST:
Sandringham: Steven Stanley Gallagher Fisher Summers Biddlecombe
Bendigo Bombers: German Prismall Redpath Flaherty Atkinson Welsh

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Sandringham: nil
Bendigo Bombers: nil

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

And now because of the VFL Fixture, Sandi seniors don't play for 3 weeks !!

claystreet
Club Player

Steven BOG ? i thought somewhere someone said
he wasnt doing anything?

Great to see the lad getting on with it.

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I love Goose and theoretically I want him in the team but realistically there are others playing better than him more consistently in the 1sts as well as 2nds...

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

thequarry wrote:Taken from SammyFish25's post on BigFooty:

VFL SENIORS

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 8 Gallagher 2 Heyne 2 Maguire Fisher Miles Stanley Begley Lynch Steven Clarke

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Steven!

Ripper news.....

Stanley continues to impress (on paper anyways)! Not bad for a first year draftee, one taken in the third round!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:
No actually at the gold coast. I could have made afool of myself which wouldnt be unusuall but I read Goose played forward at least for some of the game and I was positive Dempster played in the seconds.Sorry if I am wrong but still think themids and forwards would have done more with that score.
what? plugger66 sounding like he actually has knowledge while in fact he just takes little things he reads on here and elsewhere to create the story. You sure your not a journalist..... and to think people actually believe you know more then most :roll:

good to hear max got through another game, is all class. I have him down to play on stevie johnson in round 14.

would be a big move to play stanley in place of gards if he gets a game but the big bloke is ding very well. Great to see steven named in the best.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
hotdish
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
thequarry wrote: BEST:
What does Saunter have to do to make the best players?!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:
what? plugger66 sounding like he actually has knowledge while in fact he just takes little things he reads on here and elsewhere to create the story. You sure your not a journalist..... and to think people actually believe you know more then most :roll:

good to hear max got through another game, is all class. I have him down to play on stevie johnson in round 14.

would be a big move to play stanley in place of gards if he gets a game but the big bloke is ding very well. Great to see steven named in the best.

Mmm Delicious....I can see it now. Zac to Hawkins, Max to Johnson and Fisher to be free to cut up the Geelong defence.

s*** Johnson is in some form.

SuperSaint
Club Player

Spinner wrote:

VFL SENIORS

GOALS:

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Steven!

Ripper news.....

Stanley continues to impress (on paper anyways)! Not bad for a first year draftee, one taken in the third round!
Stanley definitely has a lot going for him. He moves really well and has that excitement factor about him. He could end up being something special.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

Mmm Delicious....I can see it now. Zac to Hawkins, Max to Johnson and Fisher to be free to cut up the Geelong defence.

this is where blakes position in the team comes under the microscope as playing maxy on medium forwards will be a key come finals time. Zac at full back and blake on the second tall is a key.

mooney is a key to them, they play off him alot and I worry that blake will not be good enough and chips will have to be placed on him.

anyway thats another discussion for another day. Great to see the second pushing up hard. We do need to reward this good form. It's a dificult balancing act

FQF
In richo I trust

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:
Spinner wrote:

VFL SENIORS

GOALS:

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Steven!

Ripper news.....

Stanley definitely has a lot going for him. He moves really well and has that excitement factor about him. He could end up being something special.

Was it beverage who said he was the best natural athlete he had ever seen? Or another player?

And what would that even mean? Best runner, best jumper, strength?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

this is where blakes position in the team comes under the microscope as playing maxy on medium forwards will be a key come finals time. Zac at full back and blake on the second tall is a key.

mooney is a key to them, they play off him alot and I worry that blake will not be good enough and chips will have to be placed on him.

anyway thats another discussion for another day. Great to see the second pushing up hard. We do need to reward this good form. It's a dificult balancing act
Maguire.

zebraman
Club Player

Dempster played for Sandy seniors...not our seconds...he played in #77 and wore white boots...

Of all the Saints players, the one that really stood out was Stanley imo...quick, agile,good mark and has half a football brain...

Steven and Heyne both had good games...Heyne kicked a great goal in the last 1/4 on his right foot....

Wouldn't get too carried away thjough...Bendigo had a very depleted team...

Still good to finally get a win at home

Leigh Fisher had a very good game....kicked a long long goal when there was virtually no-one in the Sandy 50...so he just went for broke from around 60-70 out and it bounced through

Now for 3 weeks off!...I get to see St.Kilda now

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:Dempster played for Sandy seniors...not our seconds...he played in #77 and wore white boots...

Of all the Saints players, the one that really stood out was Stanley imo...quick, agile,good mark and has half a football brain...

Steven and Heyne both had good games...Heyne kicked a great goal in the last 1/4 on his right foot....

Leigh Fisher had a very good game....kicked a long long goal when there was virtually no-one in the Sandy 50...so he just went for broke from around 60-70 out and it bounced through

Gee is Leigh Fisher seriously a forgotten man?

I didn't see this one coming at the start of the season - At the very least I thought he was always in contention.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:Dempster played for Sandy seniors...not our seconds...he played in #77 and wore white boots...

thanks heaps for the update :)

FQF
In richo I trust

SuperSaint
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
Spinner wrote:

VFL SENIORS

GOALS:

BEST:

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Steven!

Ripper news.....

Was it beverage who said he was the best natural athlete he had ever seen? Or another player?

And what would that even mean? Best runner, best jumper, strength?
I'm pretty sure Beveridge was referring to Brad Howard. He was not arounf when Rhys Stanley was picked up.