AGM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Enrico_Misso wrote:AGM Report Part 4

------------------------------

Hippy with the ponytail from the front (again)
Archie, do you have proof that you tried to find a deal with these other councils?
(Groans and boos from audience)
Archie
You can come and look at all the folders in my office if you want as long as you keep it confidential.

Hippy
Tell us about the clash jumper.
There is too much white, we are RW&B.
Why don't we use our traditional jumper with an all white back?
Archie
The AFL won’t allow us.
Hippy
Collingwood has an all white back.
(Booing - Westaway tries to end questions]
Archie
The AFL approves the jumpers.
You would haver to take that up with them.
At least the all white clash jumper is dead.

Hippy
Tell us about Belvedere, if the cost blows out beyond $9m do we pay?
Gudanski
Get your facts right.
Fed/State/Council put in $9m out of $10.4m.
We put in balance of $1.43m.
Figure has been checked by the quantity surveyors three times.

------------------------------
END

(Presumably Westaway now buys Archie a drink for answering all the questions for him !)
Thanks EM.

Did he ask why the vacnt lot were sending us to a vacant lot?

did he have the balls to abuse Gdanski etc like he does on here?

In all honesty, who can blame Gdanski for getting irate?

It's not rocket science... 3rd parties fund $9m and costs are $10.4m.. so we pay the rest.

And to think I stayed home and argued with Stinger all night, and missed the show. :lol:

Thanks again bro.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the report EM - really appreciated.

Top four is the target for H&A - didn't say it was the only target.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

awesome report for those of us who were working or had family

thankyou EM

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:AGM Report Part 3

Item 5 : Questions.

Questions from .....

Hippy with a ponytail
"Archie, before you go to GoldCoast can you explain why you didn't fully explore the option to relocate in our heartland eg Elsternwick/StKilda?"
Archie
"I am NOT going to Goldcoast !"
Yes we extensively explored all options, spoke to 8/9 Councils including Port Philip.
Issue is we need full access to the oval to organise extra/ad hoc sessions - we can't do that if sharing with other clubs. StKilda (the suburb) would have been ideal if we could have but we couldn't.

-----------------

To be continued
Did this "Hippy with a ponytail" look like he might be a resident of Hawthorn? Did he say FAIR DINKUM at the end of his rant? Did he have a sheet of paper with hitouts to advantage stats on it? Did he have a satelite navigation unit with him to ensure he was at the correct venue?

Some of us might just know who this character is :roll: :roll: :wink: !!
Great work Enrico_Misso...

One does wonder just how this "Hippy" made his way down there...

Gee the "Hippy's" question was just fantastic and soooo deep...

Tradition and our flowering heartland "Elsternwick" from a poster that cant type ST KILDA :roll:

Thanks again Enrico, and thanks again for providing some stand up side relief Andrew...

Gee, your input was so engrossing, just what is it with you and our heartland Elsternwick....

Tosser comes to mind and tosser was on display with that question :lol:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Legendary
Club Player

Shows how thorough and willing Archie is ... he is across all the detail and answered everything honestly and fairly openly ... we need to find an equally good replacement.

Westaway has very little grasp of the detail of the club unfortunately. Still, UD Trucks are woth $1m a year to us, so I suppose he is giving something ...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

All in all an interesting night.

I'll get hammered for this, but the hippy asked some questions that I felt needed to be asked. I rarely agree with his methods, but I felt his questions required answers.

The booing was poor form. FFS - it's an AGM, he's allowed to speak. The the Q&A session was too short for my liking and cut too hastily by Westaway.

Some excellent questions about reserved seats - but what was that about 'giving back'? We already had promised GF tickets.

Refreshing honesty about the membership and our supporter base. Basically, we're a small club in the eyes of the board and need to get bigger. NOT a sleeping giant.

The club says no alternative was there to Seaford; even the Peanut Farm was mentioned. It did seem a little odd though how things fell down with Kingston. There's a lot more to that story, clearly. I sincerely hope the Hippy takes up the offer, because it will clear the issue once and for all for him, and if he takes no issue with it, well...it's safe to say the board's word will be taken with greater trust in the future.

How did the merchandise drop so much? And who cops the blame for that? Excess stock seemed to be the answer but that can't be the whole reason.

Excellent point about not being consulted on the strip, too. Unfortunately shut down.

The maps out the front were interesting...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:
saintdooley wrote:i dont get it
why is the target to finish top 4? unless you win the premiership you get nothing except humiliation out of it...so why isn't the aim to win the bloody thing?
it sounds hard, but nothing is impossible!
Saintdooley,
Ross meant that his aim in the H&A season was to finish top 4.
He pointed out that only one team has won a flag from outside the top 4 (Adelaide).
So he emphasised that it was important to get off to a good start, as opposed to our poor starts in the last two years.

Then obviously in the finals you give the flag your best shot.
But you need to be top 4 to have a serious chance.

I was there at the agm and egree with enrico. Ross meant the H&A to finish top 4. It is extremely difficult to win the flag outside of the top 4.

as to the pony tail guy in the front. He was real agressive which i think was why the audience booed.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:All in all an interesting night.

I'll get hammered for this, but the hippy asked some questions that I felt needed to be asked. I rarely agree with his methods, but I felt his questions required answers.

The booing was poor form. FFS - it's an AGM, he's allowed to speak. The the Q&A session was too short for my liking and cut too hastily by Westaway.

Some excellent questions about reserved seats - but what was that about 'giving back'? We already had promised GF tickets.

Refreshing honesty about the membership and our supporter base. Basically, we're a small club in the eyes of the board and need to get bigger. NOT a sleeping giant.

The club says no alternative was there to Seaford; even the Peanut Farm was mentioned. It did seem a little odd though how things fell down with Kingston. There's a lot more to that story, clearly. I sincerely hope the Hippy takes up the offer, because it will clear the issue once and for all for him, and if he takes no issue with it, well...it's safe to say the board's word will be taken with greater trust in the future.

How did the merchandise drop so much? And who cops the blame for that? Excess stock seemed to be the answer but that can't be the whole reason.

Excellent point about not being consulted on the strip, too. Unfortunately shut down.

Wont get hammered by me...I agree that he had every right to ask the questions..with the one reservation that they can be asked in a polite and civilised way...Like complaints about any company, I always find the more civilised you are the better response you get.

Wasnt there so cant cmment on his tone, but I have no issues with questions being asked on ANY aspect of the Club. I dont have a problem with Seaford or the Clash Strip but I dont expect everyone to think the same as me.

200? Not a bad turnout Id think. The last Supporter info night I went to at the Town Hall had about a dozen of us bouncing around inside

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

That's a fair call.

IMO, the clach strip is a non issue. A waste of energy. Doesn't make a jot of difference to on field performance.

Arhcie was up front by the sound of it, and to the extent that he's prepared to show him the paperwork... should put to rest and myths about the guy... but it won't.

Great to see that all of the other serial slaggers of the club turned up and told them what they think.

At least Hippy4Eva had the balls to follow thru. Respect.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
8bloggs
Club Player

Extra Comments

First, great write up Enrico Misso - concur with all that you said.
I did a quick count just before the meeting started and only counted 70 to 80 plus the Directors. Several more probably came in so maybe 100 or so there although I was sitting up the front.
Re the hippie up the front - I was sitting directly behind him. He was talking to Ross Levin before the meeting started and was obviously focussed on the relocation issue. He tried to ask a question about it after Westaway gave his address and was asked to wait until general business. Thought his question was OK but he could have been a little more tactful in the way he put it as he obviously riled Gdanski who also mentioned he has been working on it for 7 years...clearly frustrated, all he needed to say was that of the $10.4m some $9m or so was to be funded by Council and Government, with the club the rest, and that the $10.4m total cost is robust. I think the questioner was trying to ensure that all reasonable options had been explored and that there was not going to be any cost blowouts with the Seaford development...
A concern I have is that there were other members who would have liked to have asked questions but Westaway cut the question time off. Given that the AGM is the prime forum where members get the opportunity to voice the questions in front of the Board, a bit more leeway on this would be appreciated...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:
Eastern wrote:Did this "Hippy with a ponytail" look like he might be a resident of Hawthorn? Did he say FAIR DINKUM at the end of his rant? Did he have a sheet of paper with hitouts to advantage stats on it? Did he have a satelite navigation unit with him to ensure he was at the correct venue?

Some of us might just know who this character is :roll: :roll: :wink: !!
I've got my suspicians too.
But he didn't mention anything about "togger tuggers".
:D

did he look like he lived in an inner city dumpster????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:A great big gold elephant stamp to Enrico Misso for a fantastic, detailed, ,and most of all unbiased report on the AGM..

Great to see a committed fan take the time to provide the site with almost a "live" coverage of events.

I'm sure I speak for everyone on SS when I say THANK YOU!!!!!!

yep ditto...thanks mate :wink: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I'd just like to clear up some of the misreporting in terms of detail on both the precise questions I asked and the answers that were given!

Hippy with a ponytail
"Archie, before you go to GoldCoast can you explain why you didn't fully explore the option to relocate in our heartland eg Elsternwick/StKilda?"
I asked the following ( first question of the night )

To Archie

Did both you and the board explore and investigate the options of relocating the club back to the St Kilda area or options such as Elsternwick Park and the Trevor Barker Oval and if so can you provide documented evidence to the members to support the fact that these options were fully explored?

I never once referred to Elsternwick as our heartland, I never even mentioned St Kilda as being our heartland, even though it is our spiritual home, I never mentioned the word heartland once!

Archie answered the questions saying that these options were explored and the answers he gave are referred to earlier.

He at this time, did not address the point about as to whether he can back up his claim with supporting documented evidence, which I took up again later!

( last questions of the night )
Hippy with the ponytail from the front (again)
Archie, do you have proof that you tried to find a deal with these other councils?
(Groans and boos from audience)
I asked, politely too I might add

Archie, back to my earlier question, do you have supporting documented evidence to back up your claims that other options such as the St Kilda area, Elsternwick Park and the Trevor Barker Ovals were fully investigated!

Remembering of course that he is about to leave the club, after having steered it to Seaford, as a member with concerns, I thought it timely that this be asked at this time as later on, he will be gone.....

noting he had not addressed this point earlier!

and if it does go all pear shaped, .........................

It's unbelievable really!

A CEO about to leave a club he has just relocated to a backwater and a member asks him before he ups and leave's, if he has supporting documented evidence to back up his claims, that other options were FULLY explored, when this wasn't addressed earlier and it is met with derision from the flock!

The person solely responsible for engineering the club to relocate from Moorabbin, is now leaving the club and the flock chastise someone politely asking him as to whether there is evidence to support his assertions.

Suppose that's why the flock are the flock, because they blindly choose to believe everything they're told and question nothing!

Archie
You can come and look at all the folders in my office if you want as long as you keep it confidential.

I thanked him for the offer!
Hippy
Tell us about the clash jumper.
There is too much white, we are RW&B.
Why don't we use our traditional jumper with an all white back?
Archie
The AFL won’t allow us.
I never said we are RW&B another figment of EM's imagination and Archie never said that the AFL would not allow us to use the jumper I suggested, our home jumper with a white back!

As for Archie saying the AFL won't allow us, this was never said by anyone, another invention of EM's imagination!

I asked,

Archie, in relation to the clash jumper issue, we had correspondence via email about the previous clash jumper which looked like a faded apron and you wrote " I promise you" the members will have a say in the next clash jumper design.

You wrote, " I promise you" Archie, this just did not happen!

Why do we need to have such wide white panel on the front, when we could use our home jumper with a white back, has the AFL dictated to us that we have to have a certain percentage of white on the front?

This question was not answered directly!

The answer given was,

We submitted this jumper and it was approved, no mention that a home jumper with a white back would not also have been approved had it been submitted!

Westaway then made some comment about we have to comply with AFL rules etc...etc... without saying what these rules actually are!
Hippy
Collingwood has an all white back.
(Booing - Westaway tries to end questions]
Archie
The AFL approves the jumpers.
You would haver to take that up with them.
At least the all white clash jumper is dead.
I never said that Collingwood has an all white back, yet another figment of EM's imagination!

I then asked, what about Collingwood and Essendon they seem to have their minor adjustments approved.

More boo's and derision from the flock!

For suggesting, in a very polite way, that we grow some balls without actually saying this, if it's good enough for Collingwood and Essendon, then it's good enough for us, St Kilda members boo and chastise another member, oh dear!

Is it any wonder we are continually shafted, because we continually bend over and take it to the point that even St Kilda members seem to embrace their lower class status and berate another member for suggesting, that we should not be treated any differently than what is afforded both Collingwood and Essendon!

Hippy
Tell us about Belvedere, if the cost blows out beyond $9m do we pay?
Gudanski
Get your facts right.
Fed/State/Council put in $9m out of $10.4m.
We put in balance of $1.43m.
Figure has been checked by the quantity surveyors three times.

:shock:
It's not Gudanski, try Gdanski, obviously attention to detail does not appear to be your strong suit!

I asked,

Is it true that if there is any cost blowout with the Belvedere Park facility ( keeping in mind the intial project at Frankston had unforeseen cost blowouts ) that St Kilda is obligated to pay every dollar over $9 million!

Refer to caseyscorps post on this on page one if anyone wants an accurate description of what actually happened and what was said!

The question was not answered directly!

As for me being referred to as a hippy, I am deeply offended, now excuse me while I get back to my breakfast of mung beans, lentils and tofu, man!~

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Legendary wrote:Shows how thorough and willing Archie is ... he is across all the detail and answered everything honestly and fairly openly ... we need to find an equally good replacement.

Westaway has very little grasp of the detail of the club unfortunately. Still, UD Trucks are woth $1m a year to us, so I suppose he is giving something ...
I think Westaway would know exactly what is going on at the club, his problem is he's not comfortable with public speaking, doesn't express himself properly.

Thanks for the reports, greatly appreciated.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
Legendary wrote:Shows how thorough and willing Archie is ... he is across all the detail and answered everything honestly and fairly openly ... we need to find an equally good replacement.

I think Westaway would know exactly what is going on at the club, his problem is he's not comfortable with public speaking, doesn't express himself properly.

Thanks for the reports, greatly appreciated.
correct....for once..... :wink: :lol: 8-)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
as to the pony tail guy in the front. He was real agressive which i think was why the audience booed.
You are kidding right?

I asked all my questions politely in a warm peace loving tone like any peace loving hippy would!

That my questions were pointed, does not make them aggressive!

I find this assertion by you, truly astonishing!
saint66au wrote:
Wont get hammered by me...I agree that he had every right to ask the questions..with the one reservation that they can be asked in a polite and civilised way...Like complaints about any company, I always find the more civilised you are the better response you get.

Wasnt there so cant cmment on his tone, but I have no issues with questions being asked on ANY aspect of the Club.

I totally agree, there is nothing to be served by being aggressive with an aggressive tone which is why I asked my questions with a polite tone!

I wanted answers and I knew the only way I would get answers is if I was polite.

I'm truly amazed that someone would claim that I was aggressive!

The guy who was annoyed about the L2 seating was obviously angry and his tone was demonstrative, which got Archie offside and .....etc...etc...

That Archie answered my questions and politely invited me to his office to peruse confidential documents would suggest that I in no way was disrespectful in my manner and I know that I was very calm when asking them.

Would Archie offer to show these documents to someone who was disrespectful and aggressive towards him?

Seriously!

Yes I asked questions, they probably did not want asked, but that alone does not make them aggressive!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

so b4.......if your account of your first question is accurate.....why did archie have to deny being gold coast bound..... :roll:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saintly wrote:
You are kidding right?

I asked all my questions politely in a warm peace loving tone like any peace loving hippy would!

That my questions were pointed, does not make them aggressive!

I find this assertion by you, truly astonishing!
saint66au wrote:

Wasnt there so cant cmment on his tone, but I have no issues with questions being asked on ANY aspect of the Club.

I totally agree, there is nothing to be served by being aggressive with an aggressive tone which is why I asked my questions with a polite tone!

I wanted answers and I knew the only way I would get answers is if I was polite.

I'm truly amazed that someone would claim that I was aggressive!

The guy who was annoyed about the L2 seating was obviously angry and his tone was demonstrative, which got Archie offside and .....etc...etc...

That Archie answered my questions and politely invited me to his office to peruse confidential documents would suggest that I in no way was disrespectful in my manner and I know that I was very calm when asking them.

Would Archie offer to show these documents to someone who was disrespectful and aggressive towards him?

Seriously!

Yes I asked questions, they probably did not want asked, but that alone does not make them aggressive!
sorry, from my perspective (only) it sounded aggressive and not polite.

from tones of voices people obviously interpret things differently! differently

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Not from me. Not suprised that "the hippie" recognising the elephant in the room - what happens if the cost goes over 9 million dollars.

typical that this mob of incompetents would attack a member for asking a perfectly reasonable question.

Who is suprised that they would trat a member like this???
evertonfc wrote:The booing was poor form. FFS - it's an AGM, he's allowed to speak. The the Q&A session was too short for my liking and cut too hastily by Westaway.
This is the reason why I dont go to the AGM's anymore. The baying mob of club acyolotes and drones who bully and harrass anyone who doesn't slavishly fall at the feet of the mighty board and lourd every move they make.

Typical that these people would boo when it is pointed out that our club is gutless compared to Collingwood.
evertonfc wrote:Some excellent questions about reserved seats - but what was that about 'giving back'? We already had promised GF tickets.
What they wanted was to fleece $125 from people who cant afford it so they are sold overpriced food and drink in a quasi SC on L2 thereby fleecing more money from members.

Disgraceful.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks has a ponytail....ha....

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

The questioner regarding L2 seating was obviously angry and his tone was demonstrative, could have been interpreted as aggressive.

Why would Archie show me the respect of inviting me to his office and let me look over confidential documents if my tone to him was disrespectful and aggressive?

I assure you, that I was not being aggressive!

My posting on here could be at times interpreted that way, but my tone at the AGM was measured as I knew the only way to get answers was to ask the questions politely.

I'd suggest to you that the reason for the first round of derision and boos emanating from the flock, came as a result of me repeating the same question I asked earlier in the night.

I asked this question again because the first time around, Archie did not address the point as to whether he had supporting documents to back up his claims, hence the first time around the question was not fully addressed.

Went right over the heads of the flock, but that then again that's why they are the flock.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:barks has a ponytail....ha....
So thats your response to the fact a bloke has the balls to ask questions about something he finds important enough to go to an AGM - ask pointed questions - and get bullied and attacked by the sheep who just think everything the club does is just rosey?

Mabye you should go back to making derisive comments about Brumby's warning before black friday - that was your finest moment - and you have the gall to try and ridicule somebody else :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sunil_saint
Club Player

Great precis of the nights events Enrico. I was sitting behind you and close to our learned friend B4E. My 2nd attendance at an AGM (the last one during Watson's reign)........thought the crowd was a bit dissapointing, although it did pad out a later.
Look I do have to agree with Eveton that some questions re the move needed to be asked, but that they were asked with the utmost courteousy. (This " individual" is softly spoken - unlike the fan that was LOUDLY unhappy with the level 2 deal...!!!!)
I thought Ross's overview was clear and straight to the point. "He knows where we are heading and what we need to do to get there".
I must say though it looked to me that Archie is the one that calls the shots on this board. The shrugs and furrowed brow from Westaway whenever a tricky question was thrown up just didnt look good in my view...........Archie answered most of these (Bev I know you state that Westaway is not a great public speaker..!!!) I think we need to see him being a little bit more "up front"
Thanks again Enrico - great report
Sunil :)

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saintly wrote:

The questioner regarding L2 seating was obviously angry and his tone was demonstrative, could have been interpreted as aggressive.

Why would Archie show me the respect of inviting me to his office and let me look over confidential documents if my tone to him was disrespectful and aggressive?

My posting on here could be at times interpreted that way, but my tone at the AGM was measured as I knew the only way to get answers was to ask the questions politely.

I'd suggest to you that the reason for the first round of derision and boos emanating from the flock, came as a result of me repeating the same question I asked earlier in the night.

I asked this question again because the first time around, Archie did not address the point as to whether he had supporting documents to back up his claims, hence the first time around the question was not fully addressed.

Went right over the heads of the flock, but that then again that's why they are the flock.
why repeat a question twice??? its obvious noone wanted to listen to you first time around...why would it change the second???

sounds like your real nature mirrors your nature on here...toolish

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
saintly wrote:

why repeat a question twice??? its obvious noone wanted to listen to you first time around...why would it change the second???

sounds like your real nature mirrors your nature on here...toolish
I answered that already, if you actually bothered to read what I wrote!

The first time the question wasn't answered in it's entirety!

The second time I asked the question to Archie he answered it and even invited me to his office to look at confidential documents!

Understand why now?

mods, do I really have to put up with this stalking nonsense from people who contribute nothing to the debate and offer only personalized nonsense about other posters?