The Richmond Situation Vs. Ours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:The day our members can display enough intelligence to make unemotional, rational decisions...

have the courage to make long term decisions that are best for the club...

be prepared to keep faith in the coach if we're 5-6 mid-saeson...

not threaten to rip up their meberships because a player wasn't drafted...

is the day the board should start to listen to them. IMO.

I voted for them to do their job. Now I'm happy to let them do it as they see fit. When the next vote comes along, then I will exercise my right as a member and vote accordingly.
You mushroom!
It's supporters like you that have consistantly held this club back all these decades!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Re: The Richmond Situation Vs. Ours

Saint Mik wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Saint Mik wrote: At least the members feel like part of the club unlike mushrooms at Moorabbin.

I wish our members showed the passion like they did, the members were the ones that made it happen BC to Tigers, it reminds me of the Roo's coaching the Swans debacle, the members got that one over the line and look at the result, its all if's and but's and if we had a crack at our board (footy first mind you) it might just of happened for us also but we will never know because us mushrooms just let things happen at the Saints.

So do you find that a worthy attribute?

Hmmmmm
For a start it was the players at the Swans not the supporters who wouldn't know who the coach was.

BOTH PLAYERS AND MEMBERS HAD A SAY IN IT

Secondly if you dont like the current admin you have a vote.

YEP AND I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING FOOTY FIRST, ISNT BC A CHAMPION FOOTBALL PLAYER THAT WOULD OF REPLACED BANGER.

Didn't we do that last year?

And if you are a mushroom, it is your own fault.

YOU BECOME A MUSHROOM WHEN THE BOARD MEMBERS LISTEN TO THE SPONSORS BEFORE THE MEMBERS WHO PAY UP YEAR IN YEAR OUT, I HAVE NO CHOICE IN THAT ONE IF THE BOARD WILL NOT LISTEN TO ITS MEMBERS

Mabye we should also dump truck loads of chicken s.hit at the club when they lose and also spit on the coach as well. Other worthy Richmond attributes, I am sure whingers like you would look up to

NO BUT I THINK US MEMBERS DO HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE A WHINGE AT OUR CLUB FROM TIME TO TIME, YOU JUST KEEP PUTTING UP WITH THE SAME OLD DECISIONS THAT THIS CLUB MAKES..
I just think that the Tigers deserve a pat on the back and we deserve what we get because once again we missed another opportunity.
Proof? Where's the proof that they made wrong decisions?

What exactly are the "same old decisions" that you speak of??

Why do the Tigers deserve a pat on the back? They took the risk because he cost peanuts. They obviously didn't have the guts, or put enough value on him to take him the ND, did they.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote: Why do the Tigers deserve a pat on the back? They took the risk because he cost peanuts. They obviously didn't have the guts, or put enough value on him to take him the ND, did they.
why?

Because they had the balls to pick him :roll:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:The day our members can display enough intelligence to make unemotional, rational decisions...

I voted for them to do their job. Now I'm happy to let them do it as they see fit. When the next vote comes along, then I will exercise my right as a member and vote accordingly.
You mushroom!
It's supporters like you that have consistantly held this club back all these decades!
If only this facist regime had listened to us mushrooms...

Lyon would have been sacked.

Alex Silvgni would have been drafted

So too, Cousins

Archie would have to stand up every week and disclose everything to members... after taking a lie-detector test

GT would be back as coach

So would Terry Daniher

The AFL wouldn't have given us so many Sunday games

And we'd be building our training facility in our spiritual home... Scotland.

And we'd be dead certs to win the flag next year.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
ttufc7
Club Player

I personally wanted Cousins at the Saints badly but now that its all said and done i'd rather have my club say no after 5 months of research and meetings with Cousins than say yes after coming in at the last minute and only doing so after buckling to pressure from a group of angry members

I hope he gets back to playing good footy next year for the Tigers.

Just not when we're playing them! :D

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: Why do the Tigers deserve a pat on the back? They took the risk because he cost peanuts. They obviously didn't have the guts, or put enough value on him to take him the ND, did they.
why?

Please stay away from my posts... or read it again. What balls? Like you, they have the balls to do things when there's minimum risk involved.

If they placed any real value on him, they would have drafted him on the National draft... like we had the balls to consider.

sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

You mushroom!

So too, Cousins

Archie would have to stand up every week and disclose everything to members... after taking a lie-detector test

So would Terry Daniher

see that's why you would never make a board member

you can't tell the difference between the good ideas

and really stupid ones 8-)

sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
why?

Please stay away from my posts... or read it again. What balls? Like you, they have the balls to do things when there's minimum risk involved.

If they placed any real value on him, they would have drafted him on the National draft... like we had the balls to consider.
but didn't have the balls to follow through

it doesn't matter when they had the balls to take him

the fact is they had the balls to take him

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
why?

or maybe got sucked in by Sheedy whipping up the fans and didn't do enough due diligence to make a reasoned decision?

Time will tell.

So far Richmond, in your eyes, are the only CLub out of 16, that have 'the balls'.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What are the repercussions on Richmond if Cousins relapses?

Hope he doesn't but it is a very real possibility with a junkie?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
why?

On what basis? Do you have the real reason why we didn't pick him?

You wanna make the call, then back it up with some proof. So basically, 15 other clubs obviously didn't have any balls either... never mind that maybe he wasn't the right type of palyer for them.

Sure, they made a bold decision to draft him... but let's get all stupid and say they deserve a pat on the back, and that our club is sh1t because ot their decision.

Then again, I just like holding the club back. :roll:

P.s. Do me a favour... please stop trolling through my posts hoping to find a selective quote that allows you to reply with a smart@rse comment.

sainteronline

Mr Magic wrote:
So far Richmond, in your eyes, are the only CLub out of 16, that have 'the balls'.
it may come back to bite them

but what have they risked

I think that richo will find it hard to roll over in bed now and get to sleep

with the thought of benny cousins breaking out of the centre to ram the ball down his throat

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: The members went feral. The club listened.
So Richmond is at the mercy of the whims of the ignorant horde of supporters?

Do you find this a worthy attribute?

Hmmmmmm
Thank you JB..couldnt have said it better myself

Once again rodgerfox rushes in on his great white steed...when theres soemthing to grizzle about or optimism to be hosed down :roll:
What's to grizzle about?

I was posing a question in regards to something that is very relevant to our club.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I

The members went feral. The club listened. Afterall, the Board are really only there as custodians of the club for the voting members.
Are you serious??

if you think the supporters had any sway in the decision you are naive to the extreme.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:What are the repercussions on Richmond if Cousins relapses?

Hope he doesn't but it is a very real possibility with a junkie?
Doesn't really matter because their Admin has got "Balls"... the same "Balls" that gave them the courage to sack Wallace 2 years ago, when they realized he was a fraud.

Saint Mik
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:

1 flag in 100+ years is proof IMO right decisions get you a flag wrong ones cost you a flag.

Not taking a risk and also overrating this group of players we have, not sticking with Blight for the rest of the season then looking at the situation, putting Hamill on a 5 year contract, letting GT bend us over time and time again, oh and also not trading/drafting players to improve the list (BC), listening to the sponsors before the members yes I have no proof but I think our board was bent over once again and you can just keep going and going

Why do the Tigers deserve a pat on the back? They took the risk because he cost peanuts. They obviously didn't have the guts, or put enough value on him to take him the ND, did they

They have him and for that they deserve a pat on the back..
I hope we improve in 2009 but I am finding it very hard to see where it is going to come from, at least the sponsors are happy though :roll:
Last edited by Saint Mik on Tue 16 Dec 2008 11:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:
(Yes I do know the real reason why we didn't pick him up, but unfortunately, that's right "confidential information", now if it's good enough for you to accept it from the club you'll just have to accept "confidential" information from Me)

You wanna make the call, then back it up with some proof. So basically, 15 other clubs obviously didn't have any balls either... never mind that maybe he wasn't the right type of palyer for them.

Sure, they made a bold decision to draft him... but let's get all stupid and say they deserve a pat on the back, and that our club is sh1t because ot their decision.

P.s. Do me a favour... please stop trolling through my posts hoping to find a selective quote that allows you to reply with a smart@rse comment.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

You mushroom!

So too, Cousins

So would Terry Daniher

Or we'd have 1 flag in 100 years.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saint Mik wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

1 flag in 100+ years is proof IMO right decisions get you a flag wrong ones cost you a flag.

Not taking a risk and also overrating this group of players we have, not sticking with Blight for the rest of the season then looking at the situation, putting Hamill on a 5 year contract, letting GT bend us over time and time again, oh and also not trading/drafting players to improve the list (BC), listening to the sponsors before the members yes I have no proof but I think our board was bent over once again and you can just keep going and going

Why do the Tigers deserve a pat on the back? They took the risk because he cost peanuts. They obviously didn't have the guts, or put enough value on him to take him the ND, did they

They have him and for that they deserve a pat on the back..
I hope we improve in 2009 but I am finding it very hard to see where it is going to come from, at least the sponsors are happy though :roll:
So you are holding THIS admin accountable for the last 100 years?

FWIW, I agree with most of what you say. But once again, where's the PROOF as to why they didn't take BC?

Sorry mate, but I prefer to deal with facts. Time will tell if (a) Cousins is capable of playing at his best, and (b) if we can improve without him.

Until such time, there's no point wasting time and energy banging your head against the wall over it. IMO.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

You mushroom!

So too, Cousins

So would Terry Daniher

Or we'd have 1 flag in 100 years.
Either way, Rodge, you'd still find something to whinge about. :lol:

Saint Mik
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote: they have the balls to do things when there's minimum risk involved.
This is a joke right, why not do it when you have minimum risk involved.
Right decision from the Tigers wrong decision from us and yes this is only my opinion.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:
But once again, where's the PROOF as to why they didn't take BC?

you don't want proof

you're happy with "confidential information"

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
(Yes I do know the real reason why we didn't pick him up, but unfortunately, that's right "confidential information", now if it's good enough for you to accept it from the club you'll just have to accept "confidential" information from Me)

You can always PM me.

I find midly amusing if not sad, that so called "supporters" of this club accuse others of being blind sheep, and of accepting mediocrity etc... come on here and "will" our club to fail because they did not like a decision.

Worse still are the ones who are Rdgerfox "wannabes". RF is sharp and very clever. Something you ain't.

sainteronline

Saint Mik wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: they have the balls to do things when there's minimum risk involved.
This is a joke right, why not do it when you have minimum risk involved.
Right decision from the Tigers wrong decision from us and yes this is only my opinion.
spot on

imho

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
But once again, where's the PROOF as to why they didn't take BC?

you don't want proof

you're happy with "confidential information"
Where did I say this???? Where's the proof?

Once again, you're speaking from your backside, and FFS stop stalking me. Go and annoy someone else.