720 Memberships ....... !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

was at the club today and i think the tally was 9,614

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
undecided
Club Player

10288. do we know what the other clubs have and how much we had this time last year

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Thats a good figure IF it dosent imclude the monthly payment people. I am one of those, and I havent heard sfa from the club yet re my membership. So hopefully we are still waiting for the roll overs to kick in.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

undecided wrote:10288. do we know what the other clubs have and how much we had this time last year
check the thread / stick on membership top of the page- I did some comparisons earlier.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbart
Club Player

Re: 720 Memberships ....... !!

St Fidelius wrote:
Surely 10 Sunday games is not what the existing membership wants and not encouraging other members to join up.....

The Club needs to be accountable to its members IMO and this farce of a survey that was sent to a selected few is a joke....

Just how many supporters have kids that play football on a Sunday???

Just how many supporters assist with coaching or admin on kids football on Sundays??
Yep...I am one of those that wont be renewing my 2 memberships in 2009. I have three kids that play junior footy on Sundays with the eldest in U16s.

I've worked out that I could still go to about 10 or 11 games which would mainly be away games that I'd have to pay general admission for.

It would be good if there was some kind of membership that entitled you to around 12 games for your club regardless if it was home or away. Flexibility in memberships would be a good thing.

sainter35
Club Player

saintbart wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Surely 10 Sunday games is not what the existing membership wants and not encouraging other members to join up.....

The Club needs to be accountable to its members IMO and this farce of a survey that was sent to a selected few is a joke....

Just how many supporters assist with coaching or admin on kids football on Sundays??
Yep...I am one of those that wont be renewing my 2 memberships in 2009. I have three kids that play junior footy on Sundays with the eldest in U16s.

I've worked out that I could still go to about 10 or 11 games which would mainly be away games that I'd have to pay general admission for.

It would be good if there was some kind of membership that entitled you to around 12 games for your club regardless if it was home or away. Flexibility in memberships would be a good thing.
If getting value for dollar is the most important thing to you then surely you'd go close to getting your moneys worth by buying a 16 game membership? That gets you into home and away games.

Anyway that's your business. It's not for me or anybody else to tell other people what to do. We all prioritise things differently.

saintbart
Club Player

sainter35 wrote:
If getting value for dollar is the most important thing to you then surely you'd go close to getting your moneys worth by buying a 16 game membership? That gets you into home and away games.

Anyway that's your business. It's not for me or anybody else to tell other people what to do. We all prioritise things differently.
Does a 16 game membership compel you to go to all our home games plus some away games? If that's the case, it's no use for me as what I am after is a more flexible membership where I can decide on which Saints games I go to (ie. not sundays).

Like I said, I think there is only 10 or 11 Saints games in Melbourne not on Sundays, so what I was suggesting is another form of memberships where home games are irrelevant and you can simply pick and choose which 10 or 11 games you wish to attend.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbart wrote:
Does a 16 game membership compel you to go to all our home games plus some away games? If that's the case, it's no use for me as what I am after is a more flexible membership where I can decide on which Saints games I go to (ie. not sundays).

Like I said, I think there is only 10 or 11 Saints games in Melbourne not on Sundays, so what I was suggesting is another form of memberships where home games are irrelevant and you can simply pick and choose which 10 or 11 games you wish to attend.
16 games certainly doesn't compel you to attend all games - much as any membership doesn't
what you are suggesting would sem to have merit- may I suggest you e-mail it to Ben in membership as a possible for thought for next year ( maybe in the new year ) for when they start planning again

although it sounds so easy that you would wonder why clubs haven't tried it?
may be something to do with consolidating clubs emphasis to home games where we get more profit...

just remember people- that the saints sidelines membership is great BUT only memberhsips with 5 games or more attached count toward final figures.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintbart wrote:
sainter35 wrote:

bro, let me put it in other words...

THE CLUB HAS SIMPLY FARKED YOU OVER!

You have three sons that enjoy their football and participate in playing the game, they have been all denied most games that a normal memberships would give you, and also you and your wife help out with the administration of that club....

To have 10 Sunday games is an absolute JOKE and saintbrat suggesting that the AFL had originally suggested more Sunday games for the Saints is an absolute disgrace IMO...

TELL ME ONE THING...

JUST HOW GOOD IS THIS "ASK ARCHIE" BULLSH1T....????

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintbart
Club Player

Thanks saintbrat :)

I suppose 'compel' was a wrong choice of words. What I meant was in a 16 game memberships is the 16 games definitely 10 home games and 6 away, or is it more flexible where if you dont go to a couple of home games, then you can attend a couple more away games.

That's the sort of membership I'd be after but for approximately 11 games.

I'll do as you suggest and email the club in the new year and see what they say.

Thanks again....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>.

Fid I beleive that the number of Sunday games we ended up with is FAR far better than what we were originally offered :? :? :? :?
WTF???

So how many were we offered?

22??

St Fid is on the money....

How on earth the AFL could've wanted to shaft us with MORE than the number of Sunday games we got (10 I believe?) is beyond comprehension.

Something really stinks here IMO.....to be shafted nearly as bad as Melbourne is bizarre, even given our style of play issues.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

come on guys, isnt it obvious! We played very boring football for the first half of 07. SOme of 08 wasnt much better, the second half of the yer was much better.

However, we played enough "boring" footy to get a reputation. I believe it to be a sad fact. The TV dosent want us anymore, thats why we have been bumped to Sundays. ONE friday night game in Melbourne also tells the story!

I dont like it either, but what can you do? We now have a stigma we need to try and shake.

The perceived "style" of footy we play to general public pales in comparison to the likes of the cats and hawks and others quickly pushing right up our kyber. Hopefully 09 we be different!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbart wrote:Thanks saintbrat :)

I suppose 'compel' was a wrong choice of words. What I meant was in a 16 game memberships is the 16 games definitely 10 home games and 6 away, or is it more flexible where if you dont go to a couple of home games, then you can attend a couple more away games.

That's the sort of membership I'd be after but for approximately 11 games.

I'll do as you suggest and email the club in the new year and see what they say.

Thanks again....
16 game membership is all the saints Victorian Games - so it entitles you to attend any time the saints are playing- entry only- so yes saints away games........... not just any afl game.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Solar
Saintsational Legend

anyone want to actually explain how the fixture is the clubs fault... from memory it's the AFL that decide on the fixture? All clubs can put a document outlining what they want.... but that is as far as they can go.....

seriously apart from jumping up and down upset what else can the club do to please some of you. I have to work sundays, not sure how many or in fact how many games I will be able to see next year... still going to get my 16 game social club membership....

Sundays stink for more then just the members who have kids playing sport or those who work. It's bad exposure for the sponsors and the gate takings will be down....

but once again, what else can archie REALLY DO?

If thats the reason for not buying a membership... well so be it.... but don't bleet and complaign.... rumour has it that the WA supporters will only get one game in WA this year..... hey roger, getting a membership like usual?

Piss poor effort people....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote: Piss poor effort people....
Do have a family ???

If so do they play football on Sunday???

Do you help out with the administration of junior sport??

F*** off with the "Piss poor effort people" comment IMO

Time the administration get serious in just what are the commitments of all members and address this issue with the AFL IMO

10 Sunday games is farkin poor and the news it was suggested that it could have been more is pathetic IMO...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Do have a family ???

Time the administration get serious in just what are the commitments of all members and address this issue with the AFL IMO

10 Sunday games is farkin poor and the news it was suggested that it could have been more is pathetic IMO...
noticed that we have been getting ALOT of friday and saturday night games in the past 3 years.....it's called going in cycles...... ask a melbourne supporter... they have had it for 5 years including next year

ever worked friday and saturday nights.... I have missed watching some games because of work..... I suck it in and don't bitch.....

I have a nephew and in the future I could miss games taking to auskick or the local under 9's..... I would still buy my membership as I love the club and support it....

to jump up and down that the club needs to do something is like a kid who has got what they wanted for so long that they get mad when it goes against them.....

I ask you, what else can the club do? We were a prelim finalist, we draw big crowds..... if the AFL want to put the new judd glamour team on friday night.... not sure what your bitching and not buying a membership (remind me how that helps the situation apart from hurting the club by meaning there is less to spend on winning that flag....) actually achieves.....

tey made the fixture, we made noises that it disapointed us off field, as so many sunday games would......

I ask you....

WHAT ELSE COULD THE CLUB DO?

(btw even if they surveyed the whole membership base they would have still got the same fixture.... wonder why.... oh yeah the AFL produce it...s*** I am sounding like plugger66 LMAO)

once again...

FQF
In richo I trust

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Do have a family ???

So what's the solution Einstein? Before you slag of at posters.

We get your point and understand your frustration, but the botom line is that the AFL set the fixture.

Got an issue? Get on to "Ask Dinwit" and send him an email... and see what response you get.

Your immature posts and ranting are p1ss poor IMO.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Do have a family ???

We get your point and understand your frustration, but the botom line is that the AFL set the fixture.

Got an issue? Get on to "Ask Dinwit" and send him an email... and see what response you get.

So you call me Einstein and that my ranting and my immature posts are P1ss poor......

I have raised an issue and I believe that is what a forum is about....

Or am I wrong? and a forum is not to raise an issue???

Well F*** you in saying that my ranting and posts are immature...

Just who the F*** are you to say that!

I state what I like, and I believe we got rimmed in this current fixture..

too late to speak to dimwit, so I am voicing my opinion on here...

so sorry that upsets your "mature" mind.....

to state that I am immature with my comments, is an insult ....

and your comments towards me are p1ss poor as well

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Do have a family ???

So you call me Einstein and that my ranting and my immature posts are P1ss poor......

I have raised an issue and I believe that is what a forum is about....

Or am I wrong? and a forum is not to raise an issue???

Well F*** you in saying that my ranting and posts are immature...

Just who the F*** are you to say that!

I state what I like, and I believe we got rimmed in this current fixture..

too late to speak to dimwit, so I am voicing my opinion on here...

so sorry that upsets your "mature" mind.....

to state that I am immature with my comments, is an insult ....

and your comments towards me are p1ss poor as well
Exactly. Off you go... telling people to F*** off.

Make your point, but why slag off at other posters who disagree?

Yeah we got rimmed... so what's that got to do with Fraser? What do you want him to say? The AFL Rimmed us? And p1ss off the AFL? Yeah, like I said... nice one Einstein.

So what's the solution???

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

once again I ask...

what else can the club do?

And why punish the ones who actually did not want this fixture and are already having to deal with the economic negatives of the draw?

Excuse to bag the club and not buy a membership....

PISS POOR

(ask certain interstate and international supporters about value for money .......)

someone just has an axe to grind......

FQF
In richo I trust

sainter35
Club Player

Again St Fidelius completely misses the point.

WE DID NOT REQUEST THESE SUNDAY GAMES!

It's a horrible draw for our supporters AND sponsors. Archie admitted as much straight after the draw was made. The fact our first 3 home games are against interstate clubs doesn't help things either.

However from a football perspective (in terms of the teams we actually play) it's not the worst draw. It's important we get off to a good start.

Unfortunately it's what we've got and we have to live with it. Being disappointed is fair enough, blaming the club is just plain stupid.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:Again St Fidelius completely misses the point.

WE DID NOT REQUEST THESE SUNDAY GAMES!

It's a horrible draw for our supporters AND sponsors. Archie admitted as much straight after the draw was made. The fact our first 3 home games are against interstate clubs doesn't help things either.

However from a football perspective (in terms of the teams we actually play) it's not the worst draw. It's important we get off to a good start.

Unfortunately it's what we've got and we have to live with it. Being disappointed is fair enough, blaming the club is just plain stupid.
No I haven't missed the friggin point at all....

I know the Club did not request those Sunday games :roll:

Yes I do blame the Club for not fighting hard enough on this issue and the Club should have fought more to have Sunday games more evenly distributed amongst the other 15 Clubs.

In my eyes, we have been farked over and the AFL knows they are dealing with an immature administration and seized on the opportunity.

If the current administration had the experience of some other clubs, I feel we would have had a better draw (in terms of Sunday games)

sainter35
Club Player

We don't get a choice in the matter.

How do you fight it?

Every club puts in a series of requests and the AFL grant them as they fit.

In all honesty we've had a brilliant draw the last three seasons with more prime time fixtures than most other clubs.

As I said they start planning for the following seasons draw from round 15 and at that point we were struggling on the ladder. Despite healthy attendances we only sit 10th or 11th in club membership figures as well.

If our players perform and our supporters do their part by buying membership and attending games in large numbers the AFL will look after us.

Or you can just blame Archie for everything.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ways to get a better draw..

1. Have 40,000 members

2. Wear black and white stripes

3. Do stadium deals that the AFL seem to turn a blind eye to, ensuring you have to have 18 games in Melbourne every year.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Ways to get a better draw..

1. Have 40,000 members

2. Wear black and white stripes

3. Do stadium deals that the AFL seem to turn a blind eye to, ensuring you have to have 18 games in Melbourne every year.
Yeah both Collingwood and Brisbane have on 3 Sunday matches and Carlton 4