Archie Fraser Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Code: Select all

email i got from archie regarding why we didnt want to pick benno

Brad,

You need to be patient and wait until the draft is over; there are a lot more moves yet,

Cheers

Archie

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Archie runs the organisation administratively. He only delivers what the board decides. The real question should be what has the BOARD delivered during Archies tenure!
So he's like a PA? Or an Office Manager?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Gee there's some dross in this thread - the board's role is to appoint a CEO. He answers to them not us. The Cousins decision was not Archie's it was the board. I'm sure he had a point of view and shared it but it was a board decision.

if he wasn't delivering he would be gone. Simple. The club is very different now to when he took over - some of that attributable to him, some not. But in his areas of accountability (things like Club operations, financial, structure, media, sponsors) the club is in a much better state thanks to his work.

If you're not happy and you can't get on with supporting the club and its decisions then get on the board and contribute. Sure have an opinion - share it and then move on with supporting club.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:The club is very different now to when he took over - some of that attributable to him, some not. But in his areas of accountability (things like Club operations, financial, structure, media, sponsors) the club is in a much better state thanks to his work.

In what sense is it better?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:The club is very different now to when he took over - some of that attributable to him, some not. But in his areas of accountability (things like Club operations, financial, structure, media, sponsors) the club is in a much better state thanks to his work.

There is a plan to give us some professional standard training facilities, the football operations and coaching staff have been given far greater access to resources to, financially we are stronger than in past years, our interaction and management with the media is more professional....there are probably others.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

There is a plan to give us some professional standard training facilities, the football operations and coaching staff have been given far greater access to resources to, financially we are stronger than in past years, our interaction and management with the media is more professional....there are probably others.
I know there are plans. But there isn't a lot of action.

I can't agree that the above things you've mentioned are better at all.

apart from the coaching panel getting more access to resources - and I don't see how Fraser has anything to do with that.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Does
what i said mean we still want him we are just pretending that we dont?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

apart from the coaching panel getting more access to resources - and I don't see how Fraser has anything to do with that.
You're kidding right?

As far as the plan goes - having been privy to it - these are not easy things to get going. There is shed loads of planning required to get it right. If you don't plan and you screw it up, there would be hell to pay. So complaining there is no action is not fair at the point of the journey that the club is at. This is directly in Archie's domain.

Media - our interaction with the media has been much better than it was say 4 years ago. We are more polished and use the media better. This is directly in Archie's domain.

Financially - I won't dissect the P&L and balance sheet but we are on a much better footing than we have been in the past. Maybe other more financially competent people can comment - I can't even manage my mastercard ;)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

You're kidding right?

As far as the plan goes - having been privy to it - these are not easy things to get going. There is shed loads of planning required to get it right. If you don't plan and you screw it up, there would be hell to pay. So complaining there is no action is not fair at the point of the journey that the club is at. This is directly in Archie's domain.

Media - our interaction with the media has been much better than it was say 4 years ago. We are more polished and use the media better. This is directly in Archie's domain.

Financially - I won't dissect the P&L and balance sheet but we are on a much better footing than we have been in the past. Maybe other more financially competent people can comment - I can't even manage my mastercard ;)
I'm not kidding at all.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Media - our interaction with the media has been much better than it was say 4 years ago. We are more polished and use the media better. This is directly in Archie's domain.
Hi fingers,

Can you explain what you mean by this statement compared to our media coverage from 2002-2004?

I'm very interested to hear your explanation.

Regards,
evertonfc

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

sainteronline

JeffDunne wrote:
Everyone claims responsibility for the good and distances themselves from the bad.
pretty much sums up the whole cousns saga really

fingers
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
fingers wrote:Media - our interaction with the media has been much better than it was say 4 years ago. We are more polished and use the media better. This is directly in Archie's domain.
Hi fingers,

Can you explain what you mean by this statement compared to our media coverage from 2002-2004?

I'm very interested to hear your explanation.

Regards,
evertonfc
This is an opinion only - I think that our performance/relationship with the media is much better than it was. This was probably due to the guy (whose name I can't remember) that resigned recently. We seem to get better coverage, we seem to have the payers fronting the media a little more, and we seem to be more prepared and more aligned in our messages to the public. The past may have been down to the fact that GT had a crappy relationship with most people (media, umpires) - but all the same I think its better.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:This is an opinion only - I think that our performance/relationship with the media is much better than it was. This was probably due to the guy (whose name I can't remember) that resigned recently. We seem to get better coverage, we seem to have the payers fronting the media a little more, and we seem to be more prepared and more aligned in our messages to the public. The past may have been down to the fact that GT had a crappy relationship with most people (media, umpires) - but all the same I think its better.
Our media coverage from 2002-4 was so overwhelmingly positive that it seemed we could no wrong in the eyes of the media.

It's been since then that we've slipped.

I am curious (honestly) to know how you thought things improved in 2008 and what you mean by 'better coverage'. More overall coverage? More positive coverage?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Legendary
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:ok. so back to the original question. im still waiting on a good thing he has done.

the only good thing so far seems to be getting a major sponsor and given we dont know the $$ terms - im not sure if this is a good thing or not?
Didn't Westaway have Jeld-Wen in tow when he came in?
well i was trying to be positive. but im with you. the guy is a nobody do nothing muppet.
Westaway brought UD Trucks with him for around $1m per year ... and then Jeld-Wen approached the club and said we'll give you $1.5m ... which Archie negotiated and signed himself.

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Archie Fraser Thread

rodgerfox wrote:I'm curious, can anyone name one thing that Archie Fraser has delivered during his tenure at the club?
Yeah a great golf course "St Andrews"

The news is a little better for golfers. For the wealthy members of the course, who have paid up to $50,000 each for their memberships, golf was again played on the weekend.

St Andrews has attracted some high-profile names.

Founding members include the racing family of Lee, Michael and Anthony Freedman, former AFL general manager Jim Watts and St Kilda Football Club chief executive Archie Fraser.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Archie was just on the news, said the decision had nothing to do with Cousins number 2 hair cut given that he was training 2-3 times a day...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i always thought that the separation of the executive board and football decisions was absolute. like church and state. when did this change?

what the F*** has archie (ex hack brisbane striker socccer player in nsl days) go to do with recruitment decisions which should fit in the football departments domain?

what happened to footy first?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Archie is/has been away. I wonder if he was /is in Ireland signing these boys up for us?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
fingers wrote:This is an opinion only - I think that our performance/relationship with the media is much better than it was. This was probably due to the guy (whose name I can't remember) that resigned recently. We seem to get better coverage, we seem to have the payers fronting the media a little more, and we seem to be more prepared and more aligned in our messages to the public. The past may have been down to the fact that GT had a crappy relationship with most people (media, umpires) - but all the same I think its better.
Our media coverage from 2002-4 was so overwhelmingly positive that it seemed we could no wrong in the eyes of the media.

I am curious (honestly) to know how you thought things improved in 2008 and what you mean by 'better coverage'. More overall coverage? More positive coverage?
What makes you think it was positive?

As I said - this is just an opinion - I think the club is better drilled at handling the media.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

As I said - this is just an opinion - I think the club is better drilled at handling the media.
The media don't think so.

And fans feel more in the dark than ever before.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
fingers wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

The media don't think so.

And fans feel more in the dark than ever before.
Why?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Let perhaps reserve our judgment on if this was the correct decision until the end of season 2009, it is way to early to call with much more to play out...

Many have made comments to the effect, that we were all to quick to jump on the Ben bandwagon given that nothing had been set in concrete. Yet, many on here have been as quick to leap to the boards defence which at this point is just as hasty a decision IMO...

There is after all the possibility that the board made the wrong decision, and that Ben will be drafter to an opposition club, and make a signifcant contribution to their success?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Let perhaps reserve our judgment on if this was the correct decision until the end of season 2009, it is way to early to call with much more to play out...

Many have made comments to the effect, that we were all to quick to jump on the Ben bandwagon given that nothing had been set in concrete. Yet, many on here have been as quick to leap to the boards defence which at this point is just as hasty a decision IMO...

There is after all the possibility that the board made the wrong decision, and that Ben will be drafter to an opposition club, and make a signifcant contribution to their success?
Not defending the board... just decrying some of the reactions IMO.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

OMG, what a pack of wingers you all are, are you ever happy. In the time that I have been reading this forum every coach should be sacked, every boards should be sacked, not to mention our top players and no one has done anything good. Ever wonder why no one takes Saintsational seriously!!!!!!!!! For gods sake, get a grip. This constant bagging of everything does nothing for the morale of St Kilda at any level...................... unbelievable. Do us a favour, follow another team :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Pilgram
Club Player

Re: Archie Fraser Thread

supersaints wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I'm curious, can anyone name one thing that Archie Fraser has delivered during his tenure at the club?
Yeah a great golf course "St Andrews"

The news is a little better for golfers. For the wealthy members of the course, who have paid up to $50,000 each for their memberships, golf was again played on the weekend.

St Andrews has attracted some high-profile names.

Founding members include the racing family of Lee, Michael and Anthony Freedman, former AFL general manager Jim Watts and St Kilda Football Club chief executive Archie Fraser.
and the best thing about St. Andrews?
anyone can play...
i dont exactly understand what your post has to do with football.
if nothing else AF gave Jeld-Wen a nice little plug.