Graphics of Belvedere oval

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Mornington, Mt Martha, Carrum Downs, Aspendale Gardens.....
You're not seriously suggesting those are significant "growth areas" are you?

I recall digging out some ABS stats for an earlier post. Sure there are some new estates and new houses being built, but if you think they are growth areas you haven't visited an outer suburb in a growth corridor for a long time.
No I am not suggesting that the are "significant", you stated their is LITTLE population growth...

I would suggest it's a little more than little

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
casey scorp
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:No I am not suggesting that the are "significant", you stated their is LITTLE population growth...

I would suggest it's a little more than little
Fair comment - you are quite correct, I was loose with my words. I did say little, but I was speaking in relevant terms.

I'll did out some stats to put it into perspective.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think another point that seems to be lost is the location and accessability of Belvedere Park.

It is adjacent to an exit from the (proposed) Frankston bypass

It is adjacent to an exit from Eastlink

Its not far from the Frankston/Peninsula Freeway

Its a good brisk walk from Seaford station

That suggests that our players have a much greater choice on where to live and still be within reasonable proximity to our home base. There is anywhere South of Frankston, the bayside area where many live now and a number of Sth Eastern and Eastern suburbs (the coach lives in Templestowe). It also suggests that the fans can get to our home base from a large chunk of the Eastern, Sth Eastern & Bayside suburbs, although the numbers who attend our base to watch training etc is probably nowhere enough to be a major consideration !!

casey scorp
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:I'll did out some stats to put it into perspective.
Done some digging rather than didding.

Most recent ABS stats available are to June 2007.

Victorian Councils Ave Annual Growth (June 2002-June 2007)

7,664 - Casey
6,436 - Wyndham
5,492 - Melton
5,095 - Melb
3,536 - Hume
2,561 - Whittlesea
2,501 - Cardinia
2,243 - Geelong
1,818 - Port Phillip
1,590 - Frankston
1,544 - Monash
1,508 - Mornington Peninsula

Victorian Councils Growth (June 2006-June 2007)

7,162 - Wyndham
6,844 - Casey
4,702 - Melton
4,466 - Melbourne
3,631 - Whittlesea
3,416 - Hume
2,466 - Geelong
2,194 - Cardinia
1,810 - Mornington Peninsula
1,728 - Frankston

Councils like Wyndam, Casey, Melton and Whittlesea will have growth of this magnitude for a couple more decades at least. Councils like Frankston and Mornington Peninsula will maintain this level of growth, or in fact slow down.

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="casey scorp"]

Interesting area to “claimâ€

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
casey scorp
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I think another point that seems to be lost is the location and accessability of Belvedere Park.

All good points in theory regarding accessibility to the freeway network, but have you actually driven to and from the site along the roads that would connect you to the freeways?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
Eastern wrote:I think another point that seems to be lost is the location and accessability of Belvedere Park.

All good points in theory regarding accessibility to the freeway network, but have you actually driven to and from the site along the roads that would connect you to the freeways?
I'm a professional passenger !!

Pilgram
Club Player

the trees are a nice touch

casey scorp
Club Player

ace wrote:I hope the players know about car pooling.
With the possibility of 48 players including rookies and then some staff and coaches and trainers there are not any where near enough parking bays.
Certainly no parking for Saintsational supporters wanting to watch training sessions. :evil:
I think we need more carparking spaces too.

The original plans for the Moorabbin redevelopment had around 100 spaces and the plans for Frankston Park.........well there wasn't any spare space for parking which was just one of its many shortcomings.

Pilgram
Club Player

the image is not a literal representation of the carpark.

the opaque box pictured in the foreground is an existing structure that is situated at the end of the present parking area..

if you can imagine casey scorp a minimum of double (possibly triple) the general parking spaces pictured as the size of the planned carpark in real terms.

i'm sure that adequate parking is a consideration.

Legendary
Club Player

The Frankston/Mornington Peninsula area is still in the top-10 growth areas of Melbourne.

With Eastlink and the Frankston Bypass, the Frankston/Mornington Peninsula area becomes 40 minutes from the CBD if you travel that way.

The travel time makes people want to move there.

I am firmly of the belief that the Frankston/Seaford/Mornington area is still a vastly under-developed part of Melbourne. So close to the water and so close to the CBD.

St Kilda has positioned themselves in a growth area, that cannot be denied. Combine Frankston + Mornington Peninsula growth and we have positioned ourselves in the 4th highest growth area in Melbourne.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:The Frankston/Mornington Peninsula area is still in the top-10 growth areas of Melbourne.

With Eastlink and the Frankston Bypass, the Frankston/Mornington Peninsula area becomes 40 minutes from the CBD if you travel that way.

I am firmly of the belief that the Frankston/Seaford/Mornington area is still a vastly under-developed part of Melbourne. So close to the water and so close to the CBD.

St Kilda has positioned themselves in a growth area, that cannot be denied. Combine Frankston + Mornington Peninsula growth and we have positioned ourselves in the 4th highest growth area in Melbourne.
I tend to differ a little with this...

I am not that concerned with the "growth" but total population in both Mornington, Frankston and Kingston regions, Kingston represents from suburbs from Moorabbin through to Carrum (which neighbours Seaford)...
and other such areas as Chelsea Heights and Patterson Lakes...

The total population of these three councils far out weighs any current or future population from Casey IMO...

This is a growth forecast just from the Frankston region..

http://www.id.com.au/Frankston/forecast ... g=1&bhcp=1

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

That suggests that our players have a much greater choice on where to live and still be within reasonable proximity to our home base. There is anywhere South of Frankston, the bayside area where many live now and a number of Sth Eastern and Eastern suburbs (the coach lives in Templestowe). It also suggests that the fans can get to our home base from a large chunk of the Eastern, Sth Eastern & Bayside suburbs, although the numbers who attend our base to watch training etc is probably nowhere enough to be a major consideration !!
The only thing your post suggests, which is what I knew already, is you're the biggest suck hole apologist on here, if you were to blow any harder, you'd be a hurricane!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

The only thing your post suggests, which is what I knew already, is you're the biggest suck hole apologist on here, if you were to blow any harder, you'd be a hurricane!
Eastern does not look like Hurricane at all...

There's at least 20 years difference in age between the two posters...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

If only you had the intelligence to keep to the subject. Perhaps we could continue this debate face to face at the AGM !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

If only you had the intelligence to keep to the subject. Perhaps we could continue this debate face to face at the AGM !!
Little chance of that IMO..

Loose cannon and slander is all part of his game plan, and to be frank I am farken sick of it...

If you don't agree with b4e you get "labeled" as numbnuts, idiots or taking it up the arse...

F*** HIM, he is an insulting PR1CK

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

And I believe that Grant Thomas is a great judge of character !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Please disregard the crapola from b4e....

The current post relating to the topic of the post is this one
St Fidelius wrote:
Legendary wrote:The Frankston/Mornington Peninsula area is still in the top-10 growth areas of Melbourne.

I tend to differ a little with this...

I am not that concerned with the "growth" but total population in both Mornington, Frankston and Kingston regions, Kingston represents from suburbs from Moorabbin through to Carrum (which neighbours Seaford)...

The total population of these three councils far out weighs any current or future population from Casey IMO...

This is a growth forecast just from the Frankston region..

http://www.id.com.au/Frankston/forecast ... g=1&bhcp=1

Legendary
Club Player

Very good points St Fid ... whereas the growth in Frankston might not be quite as high as somewhere like Casey, it had a significant existing population and is still a high growth area anyway ...

Total population is very strong.

Great opportunity for the club to strengthen our image of a bayside/southern club ... build on something that's existing and successful.

casey scorp
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:I am not that concerned with the "growth" but total population in both Mornington, Frankston and Kingston regions, Kingston represents from suburbs from Moorabbin through to Carrum (which neighbours Seaford)...

Legendary wrote:Very good points St Fid ... whereas the growth in Frankston might not be quite as high as somewhere like Casey, it had a significant existing population and is still a high growth area anyway ...

Total population is very strong.
It’s a bit disingenuous to boost Frankston’s population by adding in a couple of other municipalities and comparing the total to Casey alone. Casey is in fact part of a wider region.

If you take the population of Mornington Peninsula, Frankston & Kingston as at June 2007 = 407,000.

Casey as at June 2007 was 229,000.

But if you include with the Casey area the eastward growth extension into Cardinia (currently 60,000, but will grow to about 150,000) and Greater Dandenong (static population of 132,000):

* currently 3 v 3 = 422,000 to 407,000

* future 3 v 3 = 630,000 to 430,000

Casey et al beats Frankston et al hands down, both now and in the future.

However I’m not sure why we’re comparing Frankston to Casey anyway. I earlier took issue with Legendary’s claim that Belvedere Park positions us in a strong population growth area. I pointed out that Frankston and the Bayside area are not growth areas at all. I didn’t mention Casey in my comment, but others took the debate in that direction. Casey’s irrelevant to the debate (except as an illustration of what a growth area actually is). Perhaps my earlier advocacy for Casey Fields as a relocation site have lingered in people's memories. But as that option disappeared quite some time ago I haven't advocated it since.

In fact the debate should be about the attributes of Moorabbin redevelopment v Belvedere Park. Belvedere Park has nothing there (a blank canvas it was positively referred to as) and is in an absolute crap location, whereas Moorabbin has existing infrastructure (I'm not talking about the buildings), is close to our aligned VFL club and we control a massive site. Given that we will lose the gaming machines from Linton Street anyway as a result of moving to Belvedere Park, we could just as easily have rethought our position and redeveloped at Linton Street.

When Frankston Park fell through, we looked for an alternative location in the City of Frankston because we thought there was still a land asset waiting for us at the end of the rainbow. However, that has now gone from the equation and so has our reason for staying in the City of Frankston.

Belvedere Park is a disaster, and we have tripped ourselves up horribly.

Pilgram
Club Player

Legendary wrote:
It can be done in fourteen minutes :lol:
Believe me, the MCG-to-F/ston can be driven in under a 1/4 of an hour.

GrumpyOne

Pilgram wrote:
Legendary wrote:
It can be done in fourteen minutes :lol:
Believe me, the MCG-to-F/ston can be driven in under a 1/4 of an hour.
I believe you passed me last time you did that.

I thought I had stopped you were going that fast. In fact I got out of the car to pick some flowers. Didn't realise I was doing 80kph at the time.

Nasty!!!!

:wink:

Pilgram
Club Player

the MCG is like so nextdoor ROFL