Not a good look- Harvs a blue

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Just grow up kiddies, there is more to life than despairing about Robert Harvey gaining coaching experience at Carlton.

They have won a few more premierships than us after all.
who dumped on him...and winning premierships and cheating just doesn't cut it for me.
I agree wholeheartedly. If we had cheated, lied and had player zoning been different in eras gone by, you could bet your a%$e we would have a hell of a lot more silver ware in our cupboard at Moorabbin. At least we haven't had to resort to those measures yet. The SKFC can be called a lot of things, but cheaters is not one of them.

As for that photo, I knew it was coming, didn't think I would find it as offensive as I did. It is definitely puke material. The more I come to grips with the reality that Harvey is gone (and boy has it taken some time LOL), the better I think it will be for our club moving forward. The players need to win the cup for themselves and for the team, not for Harvey. I wish him the best and I know that he will return to St Kilda in the future when the time is right.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:Who's that Carlton scum?

Those filthy scum never leave our forums alone.
As much as it hurts...

you are harsh TSM, you are harsh...

:wink:
Nah.....for me it feels like, what it would've felt like, if Larry Bird ever coached the LA Lakers.

:lol:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Just grow up kiddies, there is more to life than despairing about Robert Harvey gaining coaching experience at Carlton.

who dumped on him...and winning premierships and cheating just doesn't cut it for me.
I agree wholeheartedly. If we had cheated, lied and had player zoning been different in eras gone by, you could bet your a%$e we would have a hell of a lot more silver ware in our cupboard at Moorabbin. At least we haven't had to resort to those measures yet. The SKFC can be called a lot of things, but cheaters is not one of them.

As for that photo, I knew it was coming, didn't think I would find it as offensive as I did. It is definitely puke material. The more I come to grips with the reality that Harvey is gone (and boy has it taken some time LOL), the better I think it will be for our club moving forward. The players need to win the cup for themselves and for the team, not for Harvey. I wish him the best and I know that he will return to St Kilda in the future when the time is right.
spot on, if you can go through life and say you did it honestly you go out on top regardless, cheating at cards, cheating at golf whatever , being marked as a cheat is probably the lowest you can go.
and Agree good luck to Banger in any of his ventures.

stmac35
Club Player

That picture looks wrong... really wrong.

I can live with him at Carlton so long as his kids stay Saints supporters, which I will take as an indicator that he will be barracking for us in some degree of secrecy.

So long as he comes back and coaches us to gazillions of premierships!

THE GREAT MAN - ROBERT HARVEY
St Michele
Club Player

He does not suit that shirt at all. Shocking, I wonder if I can ever get used to it!!

Michele

Sam23
SS Life Member

"Obviously I'm really motivated to be part of a successful club; I wasn't able to achieve that as a player so I'm hoping to push [for] that [premiership]," Harvey said.

:cry:

Goddard.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

What does that mean? You sound like one of those morons on Bigfooty who trots out ancient statistics whenever there is a discussion about the Saints.

How many people are at Carlton who were involved in one of their premierships? One flag 12 years ago was the only one in the last 20 years.

Three wooden spoons in the last seven seasons. That's the environment he is moving into.

BTW I don't begrudge Harvs his job at Carlton. No matter what he does or where he goes he is always welcome at St.Kilda as far as I'm concerned.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

can we please not have any more links to Harvey.

its enough, he is gone

its bad enough seeing it in the papers

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I think a few people need to get over their "if its not St Kilda you spit on it" mentality.

You know what I see in that pic? I see one of THE greatest players ever to pull on a Saints jumper. I see the best role model for young footballers you could ever ask for. I see a bloke who should have earned the life long respect of ALL Saints fans furthering his career in football, No its not at St Kilda, thats shame but shyte happens. He might come back one day and if so I'll be thrilled.

Sorry..I'm not sickened when I see that pic. No matter what he's wearing, he'll always be Robert Harvey, Saints legend, to me

Best of luck with your life Banger, and ignore these few people who seem to have conveniently forgotten the last 21 years.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
uncle joe
Club Player

Can't blame the great man for going there . He will be working with the best young group of players in the AFL at the moment .

Anyway
Carlton may have Harvs , but we've got SOS !!
Mmmm! So why do I keep getting this feeling that they are in front on that deal ??

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I think a few people need to get over their "if its not St Kilda you spit on it" mentality.

You know what I see in that pic? I see one of THE greatest players ever to pull on a Saints jumper. I see the best role model for young footballers you could ever ask for. I see a bloke who should have earned the life long respect of ALL Saints fans furthering his career in football, No its not at St Kilda, thats shame but shyte happens. He might come back one day and if so I'll be thrilled.

Sorry..I'm not sickened when I see that pic. No matter what he's wearing, he'll always be Robert Harvey, Saints legend, to me

Best of luck with your life Banger, and ignore these few people who seem to have conveniently forgotten the last 21 years.
I have no problems spitting on cheats, as far as harves is concerned I will always hope the best for him, it's not about "if its not St Kilda you spit on it" mentality, I would have preferred to have seen him go to any other club.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

uncle joe wrote:Can't blame the great man for going there . He will be working with the best young group of players in the AFL at the moment .

Anyway
Mmmm! So why do I keep getting this feeling that they are in front on that deal ??
with you on that one.

SOS is very, very impressive....great assistant coach for us and I look forward to him contributing to St Kilda next season as well.

We have SOS, I'm a fan of his for what he's done at St Kkilda, and I'm sure all Blue Beggars still love SOS for what he did over 300 odd games for them.

Therein lies a lesson for all of us re Harvs.

Grow up fools, grow up!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
uncle joe wrote:Can't blame the great man for going there . He will be working with the best young group of players in the AFL at the moment .

Anyway
with you on that one.

SOS is very, very impressive....great assistant coach for us and I look forward to him contributing to St Kilda next season as well.

We have SOS, I'm a fan of his for what he's done at St Kkilda, and I'm sure all Blue Beggars still love SOS for what he did over 300 odd games for them.

Therein lies a lesson for all of us re Harvs.

Grow up fools, grow up!
Which fools need to grow up?

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

l too was sickened by the photos, especially when they were shoved in my face by a mocking Carlton supporter. No matter how l look at it, l still feel a sense of betrayal sadly :cry: .. Okay, now l've said my piece, you can commence your name calling & put-downs

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if Brett Ratten is going to try and talk Harves out of retirement and take him in the PSD?

:wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Why don't you wankers grow up and learn to live life?

Robert Harvey has given us 21 years of dedication and great moments and you dump on him because he retires from playing and takes the next step in his life, which at the moment doesn't include St Kilda Football Club.

You are all a disgrace to the Saints and Robert Harvey.

What does our one and only premiership coach mean to this club?
He went on to coach multiple premierships at Hawthorn.

If this is what St Kilda's supposed most rabid supporters think of our most revered player, I have great doubts about the future of the club.
who dumped on him?

no-one......the poster's just running true to form.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I think a few people need to get over their "if its not St Kilda you spit on it" mentality.

agree, Harvey will always have my respect

Similar to the fact that SOS is working with us to develop the backline.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
sainterjo
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: We have SOS, I'm a fan of his for what he's done at St Kkilda, and I'm sure all Blue Beggars still love SOS for what he did over 300 odd games for them.

!
Agreed. Hiring SOS doesn't mean we have another 15 flags. Hiring Harvs doesn't mean Carlton has any integrity.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Harvey could not lose my respect no matter what he does.

He is entitled to coach where he likes now that his playing days are over. Best of luck at the Blues Harvs they are bloody lucky to have you

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
StSteven
Club Player

I certainly will not be wishing him well in his stated goal of winning them a flag.!!!!

Let's face it, we never won a flag with Harves. Maybe he can bring the same kind of luck to that pack of cheats.
:D :) :(

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
Hiring Harvs doesn't mean Carlton has any integrity.
Too funny! That gets my vote for 'post of the year'. :lol: :lol:

Saint Mik
Club Player

Mods this thread has NOTHING to do with the saints, please move to other forum ASAP. :wink:

Could not read the story, dont want to know, and to think Banger was lapping up the treats of Vissy yesterday at the races makes me want to spew, even the great man can be bought, just like them flags they have in the clubrooms. :twisted:

Money talks :roll:

FARKEN cheats the lot of them, all I can picture is Banger with a brown paper bag tucked away under his cheating scum jacket that he now wears.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Pilgram
Club Player

this one gets my vote for post of the month:
StSteven wrote: Let's face it, we never won a flag with Harves.
:D :) :(
open your eyes people. ^ that is the reality.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

:twisted:
Last edited by iwantmeseats on Fri 07 Nov 2008 5:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Some of the thoughts here make me want to grab some of your heads and smack em together till brain matter hits the floor. **** look at it with some maturity and show some god damn respect. Its is Harvs were talking about FFS. Makes me want to puke :twisted: