Matthew Drain on SEN right now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:The Reason birrs was delisted is cause they want to get more games into Steven, armo etc
Re: Armitage, ABOUT TIME, FAIR DINKUM!

This should have been done 12 months ago!

Better late than never, but FAIR DINKUM, Armitage should have been getting a lot more games into him already.

A complete waste of a season persisting with Birss, at the expense of Armitage, but hey I said that more than 12 months ago!

Anyone from the coaching staff to the board, who need advice, for the betterment of the club, I am available!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: Anyone from the coaching staff to the board, who need advice, for the betterment of the club, I am available!
Just leave your mobile number in the coaches box mate, just in case. :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Re: Armitage, ABOUT TIME, FAIR DINKUM!

Better late than never, but FAIR DINKUM, Armitage should have been getting a lot more games into him already.

A complete waste of a season persisting with Birss, at the expense of Armitage, but hey I said that more than 12 months ago!

Anyone from the coaching staff to the board, who need advice, for the betterment of the club, I am available!
More blatherings from the worst football opinion in the world.

Hows your saviour Rix going you complete and utter Liberal voting douche???
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kaos theory
Club Player

Anyone from the coaching staff to the board, who need advice, for the betterment of the club, I am available
B4E, Armo has been average this year, and didn't deserve to get any more games. While he has some qualities, he is also lazy at times.

He needs to EARN his place in the side, not handed to him on a platter. He needs to work very hard this summer. He is a slow player, so he needs to work harder on building is tank.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
More blatherings from the worst football opinion in the world.

Hows your saviour Rix going you complete and utter Liberal voting douche???
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Settle,

hey, I've been called many things in my time, handsome, chick magnet, stud etc...etc... , just a few that spring to mind, the list goes on, but calling me a liberal voter, aside from the fact I've never once voted for that scum, that would have to be the worst insult I can ever remember.

p.s I have no doubt, Rix was about to blossom :!:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Anyone from the coaching staff to the board, who need advice, for the betterment of the club, I am available
kaos theory wrote:

B4E, Armo has been average this year, and didn't deserve to get any more games. While he has some qualities, he is also lazy at times.

He needs to EARN his place in the side, not handed to him on a platter. He needs to work very hard this summer. He is a slow player, so he needs to work harder on building is tank.
Yeah you have a point, it was hard to fit him in, with players like L.Fisher, Fiora, Birss, selected before him on most occasions.

FAIR DINKUM

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

kaos theory wrote:

Yeah you have a point, it was hard to fit him in, with players like L.Fisher, Fiora, Birss, selected before him on most occasions.

FAIR DINKUM
I think you will find that Armitage played in 5 out of the 8 games Birss played in, so he certainly wasn't holding him back... The players who wee keeping Armitage out of the starting 22 were players like Eddy, C.Jones, Geary etc. The question has to be asked is why were those three picked ahead of Armitage?

IMO Armitage probably got all the oppertunity he deserved, he's just not up to it yet, and chucking them straight in the deep end is not always the best way to develop a player, he got enough of a taste this year to know what was required of him while also being able to continue his development in the VFL where he would get far more game time...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Birss was a very serviceable player when used by Lyon. Its a mystery as to why he didnt play more. I can only assume hes been delisted for the same reason/s.

Hopefully Armo, Geary and Eddy can stand up in 2009 along with the inclusion of old Jack Steven and little Ben Cousins...

Some grunt and pace in the centre would be a huge boost.

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Is there any chance the saints will pick him up again??

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Always possible, I suppose, ala Matthew Ferguson. It may depend on who we pick up with our first 3 or 4 picks in the ND.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:The Reason birrs was delisted is cause they want to get more games into Steven, armo etc

Its not as simple as guaranteeing their selection week in and week out.

Playing poorly, with little contribution, coupled with limited game time effectively means limited development.

Having stints in the reserves, and effectively getting an entire game, and dominating progresses development immensely.

Its not as simple as 'justing playing them from the start'.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Anyone got the SEN link?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
spert
Saintsational Legend

It would have been nice to get another good backman -if anyone deserves to get the chop, I reckon Gilbert would be on top of the list after this year's woeful efforts..

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:It would have been nice to get another good backman -if anyone deserves to get the chop, I reckon Gilbert would be on top of the list after this year's woeful efforts..
Was obviously unfit when he came back.. he showed his potential in the last few weeks of the season, especially that Collingwood final.

When fit and with matches under his belt, he can be a very good contributor to our first 22.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
spert wrote:It would have been nice to get another good backman -if anyone deserves to get the chop, I reckon Gilbert would be on top of the list after this year's woeful efforts..
Was obviously unfit when he came back.. he showed his potential in the last few weeks of the season, especially that Collingwood final.

When fit and with matches under his belt, he can be a very good contributor to our first 22.
yes, he had an injury early on in the year. and the saints becuase of the lack of backmen had to bring i n gilbert just after he got back from injury rather than go through the 2nds.

therefore he was unfit for a number of weeks.

hotdish
Club Player

Great to see you back up your arguments with facts as usual BARKS!

This year Armitage played 13 games (including 2 finals).

L Fisher played 9 (none after round 11)

Birss played 8.

Fiora played 10.

THUS ARMITAGE PLAYED MORE GAMES THAN ALL THOSE NAMED - HE EVEN PLAYED FINALS

I wish you would STFU with your verbal diarrhoea!!!