Seaby quits West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:I wouldn't mind getting Seaby at all - then they could concentrate on getting mids...... those expecting to get him for 4th or 5th round picks may be way off the mark though :shock:
yep, i think you'll find that west coast would want 1st round or early 2nd round. especially since he is contracted for another year

Sobraz
SS Life Member

pleasssseeee god no....

He is just no good.... Couldnt crack it in a 15th placed west coast team this year... what makes anyone think that he is good enough for us...

we must take a 'no club rejects' policy from now on... Ive already started pulling my hair out...

whats next.... Boyle??!!.....

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

If we're in the mix for Seaby then we should be having a real crack at stitching up the cheats & get Warnock.

Warnock is younger, taller, more mobile & will be in the top couple of ruckmen in the AFL within a few years.

Any talk of giving up pick 31 for limited players like Seaby is a joke. It's a deep draft & even 3rd rounders will find solid AFL players.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Saw Warnock at Airport on Wednesday and said that he was going to Carlton or St. Kilda although doesn't reeally want to go to the saints because he doesn't think we will win a flag.

Said the deal is almost done with the Blues.

Unfortunate

Goddard.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I don't think Warnock is as good as some think, but Seaby has a mature body and probably lived in the shadow of Cox. We really should be looking for top midfielders though.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Going into this season I thought that Warnock was the next big thing, however he had a very disappointing season...

I still think he will be a gun and would love him at St Kilda, but I wouldn't want us to give up a second rounder for him...

We need to offer a 4th round pick for Seaby, if we get him it's a bonus, if we don't so be it, we don't need him, he would just be handy....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Saw Warnock at Airport on Wednesday and said that he was going to Carlton or St. Kilda although doesn't reeally want to go to the saints because he doesn't think we will win a flag.

Unfortunate
Cant imagine a player disclosing that sort of info to joe bloggs of the public...

Sam23
SS Life Member

n1ck wrote:
Sam23 wrote:Saw Warnock at Airport on Wednesday and said that he was going to Carlton or St. Kilda although doesn't reeally want to go to the saints because he doesn't think we will win a flag.

Unfortunate
Cant imagine a player disclosing that sort of info to joe bloggs of the public...
Could not care less if you did not believe me to be honest nick.

Goddard.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

No need to get antsy, Sammy, just saying that its unusual for a player to say something like to a member of the public.

realdeal
Club Player

We'd be silly not to look into it. 24yo with strong body who has been playing behind the best ruckman (best player even) and has had limited playing time.

would provide that extra few years between King retiring and McEvoy being ready.

Wouldn't want to give away first 2 picks tho but looks like a good fit.
Remember the last back-up ruckman we tried to get from WC? Cox, maybe.......nah....haha

hotdish
Club Player

ThePunter wrote:The club has stated that our first two draft picks will not be traded. I think he'll end up at Richmond.
Source?

I'm pretty sure that the club will be willing to trade its second pick, like last year when it got Dempster and Schneider...

I would do Seaby for a second rounder in a heartbeat...

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

When did the club announce that?

From what i remember, both Drain and Fraser have said they would prefer to use the first two picks on youth, but having said that, 'if a trade were to come up...'

We shall see.

I think the club would be willing to trade our 2nd round pick for a player / players + pick if there was a suitable offer on the table.

Personally, id be willing to do our 2nd rounder for Seaby and the Eagles 3rd rounder.

I think pick 26 is just a tad too high for Seaby alone.

soupabad
Club Player

Re: Seaby quits West Coast

St Fidelius wrote:
Sam23 wrote::( I bet we get him.

Stay the f*** away Seaby.

source: Just announced by 6PR
tend to agree mate..

Can't mark

Can't kick

Can't tackle

F*** off ....not needed

But hes a pretty reliable kick on goal

ThePunter
Club Player

My source was a Herald-Sun article last week.

Cro
Club Player

I would take him. It's hard to look at his stats and get a good read because he's been playing in the shadows of the best ruckman in the league. He wants to be #1, which I don't think we'd give him this year, but he'd be 50/50 with King in there I would think, and he could be handy up front.

The West Australian said WCE want a 1st rounder for him, in which case no f****** way. But if we can get him for less than that it would be good and means we get a midfielder in the draft (thank f***, no more rucks!)

If he doesn't get a good deal he will stay at WCE as he has another year on his contract.

In short: at the right price, yes please.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:When did the club announce that?

From what i remember, both Drain and Fraser have said they would prefer to use the first two picks on youth, but having said that, 'if a trade were to come up...'

We shall see.

I think the club would be willing to trade our 2nd round pick for a player / players + pick if there was a suitable offer on the table.

Personally, id be willing to do our 2nd rounder for Seaby and the Eagles 3rd rounder.

Hopefully we could get a handy set of steak knives like we did last year in Dempster, maybe a Sam Butler type player or a Nicoski...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Cro
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
n1ck wrote:When did the club announce that?

We shall see.

Hopefully we could get a handy set of steak knives like we did last year in Dempster, maybe a Sam Butler type player or a Nicoski...
Nicoski is okay, but I don't like the guy. Was in the same room as him, at a footy game game, was only 6 or so blokes there and he just had this I'm better than all of you look on his face. At which point he hadn't played for WCE for months.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
n1ck wrote:

Unfortunate
Could not care less if you did not believe me to be honest nick.
Doesn't say much about the discretion of the player in question if this is true.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Nicoski is a decent player when fit, but we dont really need another half back flanker do we?

Sam Butler, id take. Really big wraps on this kid.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:I think pick 26 is just a tad too high for Seaby alone
Then how do you feel about trading pick 31 for him?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Haha woops, point taken MSG.

Still... i reckon our 2nd pick for Seaby and their 3rd.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Haha woops, point taken MSG.

Still... i reckon our 2nd pick for Seaby and their 3rd.
I'm pretty sure their third round pick is 36. They wouldn't be getting a whole lot in return in that deal.

Seaby + 36 for 31

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I reiterate... Please do not trade #31 for Seaby!

Mark my words we will be spewing when we've got a 2nd rate ruckman & pick #31 is in the running for the Rising Star.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Armoooo wrote:Hopefully we could get a handy set of steak knives like we did last year in Dempster, maybe a Sam Butler type player or a Nicoski...
Butler maybe.. Nicoski NO !!

Have you seen Nicoski play? Talk about a Rabbit in headlights..

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

A lot of people need to understand the mechanics of list building and trade week.

No, Seaby isn't a star. But with M Gardiner likely to drop off, that leaves us with King, Kosi, Rix and McEvoy.

Now ask yourself: Rix or Seaby?

We could get Seaby for next to nada (small change in draft position as some have speculated above), allowing us to delist Rix, who is nice guy with a lively personality, but as a footballer, he is truly effing hopeless.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.