Raph Clarke ... turned his career around completely

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ScubaSam44
Club Player

Maybe since they have diagnosed it.
he may be on medication to controll it, which may be playing quite a significant role in his onfeild play.

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if he's on Sodium Valporate??? Not that it's any of my business

I've said it for 3 years. All he needed was to get his fitness up and play a long stretch in the seniors to get used to the pace at the highest level.

That's what his problem was. He was pressured and overwhelemed all the time; this robbed him of his best assest, his attacking flair. Being in and out of the team with injury for 3 years didn't help either.

He did exactly what he had to this season. Got his body right. Started in the seniors, when needed he served a long stint at Casey for form and confidence + to teach him the kind of game he nededed to play (more attacking hence he played a lot in the midfield), was made to work hard to earn his spot back and played exactly as was expected of him.

Did u see how he ran hard at the ball everytime it was on the ground and quite a few times either ran through his opponent or flat footed them. Or fired out a quick pass.

Now he just needs to work on those odd helicopter kicks he does under pressure

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

There will always be idiots that bag Raph whilst defending others to the hilt. When he got caught in the 3rd quarter because NO ONE up the ground was giving him an option two muppets behind me started the old 'Raph is crap'.

Well done Raph, along with Roo's captaincy & Banger's farewell, your form was a highlight of the year for me.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Well done Raph, along with Roo's captaincy & Banger's farewell, your form was a highlight of the year for me.
agree. he gave us something to get excited about and look forward to. i honestly believe he's a future star onballer.