Does Eddy keep his spot?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sax
Club Player

Schillaci wrote:If Ball plays, the one change for Allen. If he doesn't, Birss gets his recall and still the one change. It was a great win and there's no need to mess around with "the winning team"
Birss was unlucky to get dropped in the first place, but apparently played a pretty ordinary game for Casey on Sunday.
I'd bring in M. Gardiner (who's been playing well for Casey) so Kosi can play as a permanent fwd. If Ball doesn't come up, Eddy keeps his spot!

4ever_saint
Club Player

could not land a mark and was constantly slipping over in near perfect conditions. i think, from memory, he only had 2 marks for the whole game.

that being said, i like the way eddy goes about it. he's an extremely valuable inclusion because he does tackle and does goes in hard. plus, the young guys are our future and why mess with a winning side ;)

StPeter
Club Player

I think Eddy will be a player but not quite up to it as yet. I don't believe Mcqualter will ever be good enough.

I would bring in both Birss and X this week who both showed something with Casey on Sunday.

Ball if fit should replace Allen who was very lucky to be selected against Collingwood.

sax
Club Player

StPeter wrote:I think Eddy will be a player but not quite up to it as yet. I don't believe Mcqualter will ever be good enough.

I would bring in both Birss and X this week who both showed something with Casey on Sunday.

Ball if fit should replace Allen who was very lucky to be selected against Collingwood.
Birss was bloody ordinary for Casey yesterday!
What game did you watch?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

No matter what happens this year, whether he plays another game or not, he will be an important player for us. He has got a strong body and he hasn't even fully matured yet, he has got two finals under his belt now which is huge for a player that has only been playing since round 12.

Another future player. Thanks Ross.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Ball for Allen

Eddy keeps his spot...

Franklyn: Hudghton (if he kicks 3, max 4 big win)
Roughead: Blake

Hodge: CJ
Mitchell: Hayes

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Eddy has performed well for a rookie in his second year, but in finals footy he's out of his depth. He goes to ground too often and has been struggling to use the ball.

I think Ball in for Eddy should be a given, while any of Birss, X.Clarke or M.Gardiner could replace Allen.

A surprise omission this week could be Armitage. He played a reasonable game but Lyon has often been quick to drop him if he doesn't turn it on.

james rose
Club Player

the thing with eddy is

he doesn't need to be rotated off the ground giving our better players more of a rest

and he runs all day so he tires out his opponents... as long as whoever he is on didn't tear it up he should be safe...

armo still requires alot of time on the bench he's in more danger although i did enjoy his impact