Lets get fair dinkum about Kosi!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Is Koschitzke performing to the level expected of our 5th or 6th highest paid player?

No.

Is he performing to the level expected of a second ruckman and 3rd forward, and hence to the level needed to be a part of our 22?

Yes.
possibly.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Remember Kosis contract is governed on his market value. Dont fool yourself if you think 15 other teams wouldnt love Kosi in there side.
If 15 teams want to give up a first round pick for Kosi, we would be insane not to take it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Who pays Kosi's salary stinger?
not you or plugger...ffs.......the st kilda football club.....that sort of smart arse comment is the same as some taxpayer telling a public servant that they pay their salary...sounds good...but is pure make believe......
How could I pay I am not even a member.
no...you're not...you're a scum journo who moonlights as an umpire...in the pay of the afl..... ..well....that's what you act like.... :roll:

steph
Club Player

does every kosi thread have to become childish banter?

point is, if the only reason people are unhappy with kos is due to his pay cheque, then thats simply ridiculous.

he's meant to be our "wildcard" and "potential match winner if he fires", so if we are going to be pathetic and argue pay cheques, isnt someone of that calibre worth it.

he's one of the most versatile big men in the comp, which isnt something you just trade for some lottery pick.

pretty sure he cops enough criticism from everyone else, and now his own are eating him alive. pathetic.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Who pays Kosi's salary stinger?
not you or plugger...ffs.......the st kilda football club.....that sort of smart arse comment is the same as some taxpayer telling a public servant that they pay their salary...sounds good...but is pure make believe......
How could I pay I am not even a member.
no...you're not...you're a scum journo who moonlights as an umpire...in the pay of the afl..... ..well....that's what you act like.... :roll:
Got 2 out of 3 right. I write in the local paper my other footy sides game report and umpire the seconds with that side. Well done. Nothing to do with the AFL though.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Fact is if he played for Collingwood he be the second Peter Moore and Josh would be cleaning his boots and the Sun would write countless articles on how veritile and couragous he is. The clowns on here expect him to take 22 marks ( 16 contested) per week and kick 8 goals and have 24 hit outs to advantage.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
chook23
Saintsational Legend

steph wrote:does every kosi thread have to become childish banter?

point is, if the only reason people are unhappy with kos is due to his pay cheque, then thats simply ridiculous.

he's meant to be our "wildcard" and "potential match winner if he fires", so if we are going to be pathetic and argue pay cheques, isnt someone of that calibre worth it.

he's one of the most versatile big men in the comp, which isnt something you just trade for some lottery pick.

pretty sure he cops enough criticism from everyone else, and now his own are eating him alive. pathetic.
Agree with a lot you are saying but

the problem with Kosi is in your thread

"if he fires"

which over his career is not often enough

saint4life
matrix
Saintsational Legend

F*** me another friggin koz thread

:?

he stays to see his contract out for me....then its reviewed
then a decision is made then on form

big friggin game this week and we're on here debating whether he should be traded.... :!: :?:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:F*** me another friggin koz thread

:?

he stays to see his contract out for me....then its reviewed
then a decision is made then on form

big friggin game this week and we're on here debating whether he should be traded.... :!: :?:
yep......posters doing that are no better than that fat f*** robbo......

no actually they are far worse....as they claim to be saints supporters.......

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

That is rubbish:

He may be a "wildcard", but I've hardly ever seem mildly interested.

"potential match winner if he fires" He doesn't.

"one of the most versatile big men in the comp" Depends what your definition of versatile is. If it means big and lazy, you're on the money.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Got 2 out of 3 right. I write in the local paper my other footy sides game report and umpire the seconds with that side. Well done. Nothing to do with the AFL though.

you could be cleaning dunnies with kenny for all i care ...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

That is rubbish:

"one of the most versatile big men in the comp" Depends what your definition of versatile is. If it means big and lazy, you're on the money.
Lazy????? Never played footy I see? WERE DO YOU GET OFF CALLING KOSI LAZY.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

you could be cleaning dunnies with kenny for all i care ...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
I just wanted you to get to know me as I think we have a good potential friendship as you come accross as such a happy person.

steph
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:

That is rubbish:

i'm merely quoting what has been said on this forum by other posters, who one week later turn around and want to trade him

no, by versatile, i mean he is capable of playing in the ruck, forward, or back, where he started his career. the fact that he has been a "fill the gaps" player his whole career has helped the side, however stunted his progress as returning from injury and being unable to settle in a stable position does no favours for a player of his size.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

yeah...that one even managed to crack me up....most ruckmen get to rest on the bench...kossi gets to rest at full forward....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i wish some of the f-wits on here would get off the guy's back ffs........as if they could even get a kick at this level...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I wish you could take part in a debate without slagging off anyone who doesn't agree with you.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

steph wrote: the fact that he has been a "fill the gaps" player his whole career has helped the side, however stunted his progress as returning from injury and being unable to settle in a stable position does no favours for a player of his size.

too true...unfortunately.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
CURLY wrote:

yeah...that one even managed to crack me up....most ruckmen get to rest on the bench...kossi gets to rest at full forward....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
And does nothing in either position, because he's lazy.

steph
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
CURLY wrote:

your view on kosi is simply delusional, and its really not worth arguing with you cos you are totally irrational.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:[

"if he fires"

exactly Chook. Astonishes me that people are still talking about what he's "gunna do" and 'when he's ät his best".

Tired of hearing people defend him based on what he could be, instead of evaluating him based on his actual performances, which are inconsistent and average. I'm not advocating trading him, but I am saying that he's not untouchable if the right offer came along.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:i wish some of the f-wits on here would get off the guy's back ffs........as if they could even get a kick at this level...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I wish you could take part in a debate without slagging off anyone who doesn't agree with you.

i wish i was young and fit enough to take the field this weekend for my beloved saints......

...but we can't have all our wishes now can we.....

i thought i was. engaging in the debate..only slagging of at clowns having a go at me...so if the cap fits.......

for the record i am sick and tired of posters who grow balls sitting behind a key board slagging off at st kilda players who haven't lived up to their lofty standards...and who in real life would have smaller balls than a ken doll....they make me want to throw up...and they are the reason that i don't post in footy threads follow a loss..got that????
Last edited by stinger on Wed 10 Sep 2008 10:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Yes you know nothing clown its because hes lazy that he contests every mark like a lunatic yes its because hes lazy that hes come back from terrible injuries time and time again. Seriously if you know nothing say nothing.

steph
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
chook23 wrote:[

"if he fires"

exactly Chook. Astonishes me that people are still talking about what he's "gunna do" and 'when he's ät his best".

Tired of hearing people defend him based on what he could be, instead of evaluating him based on his actual performances, which are inconsistent and average. I'm not advocating trading him, but I am saying that he's not untouchable if the right offer came along.
of course i understand and agree that kosi's form has been inconsistent and that he is "mr. potential"

but if everyone just dropped the "potential" and "could be" tags, then maybe there wouldn't be so much slagging of the guy.

just see him for what he is: a versatile big man, strong pack mark and potential forward option. he's not gonna be winning any brownlows anytime soon, but he is better than any one second ruckman in the comp, as the first post stated.

but i dont think their supporters are screaming for them to be traded.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I just wanted you to get to know me as I think we have a good potential friendship as you come accross as such a happy person.

and i am...........no reason not to be.....

...i don't let jerks upset me...no matter how insulting they try to be...

....but i have a few little quirky traits.....one of them is i don't associate with arsewipes in the real world...so sorry...friendship is out of the question.....

there are a couple on here more your speed.......jeff dunne...teflon.....to name just two.......

To the top
SS Life Member

Koschitzke had 15 possessions and took 7 marks (all overhead I seem to recall) in a team which was badly beaten accross the park last Sunday.

Plus, in the ruck, he put his body into the ground ball contests and he chased - including chasing smaller players.

I think some of the "experts" on here expect him to dominate the ruck, gather 30 possessions, take 20 marks and kick 10 goals to boot.

That is how much they know about football.

Probably did not even make the Auskick side.