"Just Grab Him!!" - So many 'one-sided' players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Poor kicking skills in general has dogged the Saints for over 2 decades - it's nothing new at all, so it surely should've been something addressed by JB over the years IMO.

We have one exceptional kick - and that is BJ. He makes the rest of the side look a few classes below. The other one was G-Train.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The thought of Gehrig being forced onto his right boot usually resulted in a 'don't argue' followed by a holding the ball decision.

:x

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Gehrig, Lucas, Franklin, the Lonie's, Clinton Young, Hodge, Lloyd, Dew, Ben Johnson, Travis Cloke, Bowden, Spida Everitt, Malceski, Nicoski...list goes on.

All left-footers whom you rarely, if ever, see kick with their right.

I think it's because as a junior its an advantage to be a left-footer. Opponents always expect you to be right-footed so are caught unaware when you swing around on your left... and they go through their whole junior careers never needing to kick with their right.

spert
Saintsational Legend

It was just a weak team effort last Sunday -too many Geelong players under too little pressure. The big thing that should be drummed into some of our players is MAN-UP at stoppages.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Gehrig, Lucas, Franklin, the Lonie's, Clinton Young, Hodge, Lloyd, Dew, Ben Johnson, Travis Cloke, Bowden, Spida Everitt, Malceski, Nicoski...list goes on.

I think it's because as a junior its an advantage to be a left-footer. Opponents always expect you to be right-footed so are caught unaware when you swing around on your left... and they go through their whole junior careers never needing to kick with their right.
or is it just that you notice one-sidedness more with left-footers?

abandonallhope
Club Player

You have to be able to kick both left and right foot to play footy, more so if your in the afl. You severley limit yourself if you can not.

s*** happens, get over it
Beej
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
OLB wrote:Gehrig, Lucas, Franklin, the Lonie's, Clinton Young, Hodge, Lloyd, Dew, Ben Johnson, Travis Cloke, Bowden, Spida Everitt, Malceski, Nicoski...list goes on.

or is it just that you notice one-sidedness more with left-footers?
Possibly, but I've been looking into this for a while, believe me, and I've always been curious. Right-footers generally can and do kick with their opposite. Generally lefties flat out refuse to and don't EVER. This is going through all levels of footy and even other codes of football.

With Scott Lucas I reckon we could count the number of times he's kicked with his right throughout his entire career on one hand.

Very slow minded these molly-dookers.