Time for Honesty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
St. Luke wrote:We need more players like Jones IMHO! Saying that's he's no good will only come back and bite you on the backside later. He has massive potential! Another Joey in our midst!l
Err - at what ages do people project Jones will peak? 32?
So at 24yrs of age he's past it in your opinion??? :? We're such a disposable club at times.

A few years back and Goodard would have been long gone with some of the carrying on going on about him! Really makes me wonder at times.

Jones is probably a season away from sorting out that "sloppyness" everyone seems to be referring to and tearing them up out there! He's already turning heads with what he's brought to his own game. Certainly I think he's improved ot of sight.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:He's already turning heads with what he's brought to his own game. Certainly I think he's improved ot of sight.
Turning heads of Saints fans? Or turning heads from outsiders?

I'm pretty confident that our opponents aren't overly concerned with Jones.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

How long has Jones been in the seniors?? It hasn't been that long has it?? :?

There are also plenty of other players out there in many other clubs others aren't worried about either. But I feel that Jones is a good, reliable player. What more do you want??? A team of Goddards & Hayes??? and at what price??

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
St. Luke wrote:We need more players like Jones IMHO! Saying that's he's no good will only come back and bite you on the backside later. He has massive potential! Another Joey in our midst!l
Err - at what ages do people project Jones will peak? 32?
So at 24yrs of age he's past it in your opinion??? :? We're such a disposable club at times.

A few years back and Goodard would have been long gone with some of the carrying on going on about him! Really makes me wonder at times.

Jones is probably a season away from sorting out that "sloppyness" everyone seems to be referring to and tearing them up out there! He's already turning heads with what he's brought to his own game. Certainly I think he's improved ot of sight.
well the commentarys sstated that Jones had improved out of sight. and they talked about him being one of the most improved in the afl this year.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:How long has Jones been in the seniors?? It hasn't been that long has it?? :? There are plenty of other players out there in many other clubs others aren't worried about either. But I fee Jones is a good, reliable player.

And that's fair enough.

That's realistic.

I don't agree however.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Okay

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

They worry about dal, and look what happens, he gets cut out of games from tags. Sometimes its good to have players, teams dont rate. He will be on Swan or Davis this week, so someone rates him. You related to msg Rogerfox. :D

MACEwasACE
Club Player

lefty wrote:This is true.

The problem is when you're winning, everyone looks like a star. When your loosing, the average players turn crappy, whilst the good hold their ground.
Even when the team is playing well Fiora doesn't look like a star. So much ability, just doesn't use it.

CJ should definately be Kept, at least for one more season. He's played pretty well this yer. Give him another pre-season and se if we can get turn him into a Bartel type player. CJ could have a blinder of a year next year.

I seem to recall lots of noise about a young Lowe who couldn't hit the side of a barn 20 meters away.

Faith Peoples.

IF It is to be it is up to me.
Red
Club Player

Interesting comments by some people. I think Jones was one of our better

players on Sunday. I'm a firm believer that you rate people when the going

is tough and he was one of three or four that stood up. He certainly made

mistakes with disposal but a lot of that can be attributed to his team mates

who didn't give a lot of run and hence you have no options.

The beauty of Geelong is that they have so many guys providing options that

even when they make errors there is someone who can clean up for them.

Looking at the tape from the game the cats made as many errors in the

first quarter as we did but always had someone helping out. Our guys

were left stranded and than the blame is put on that person for their disposal.

Maybe we should look at the lack of work by Gram, Kosi, Monty,

Schneider, Milne, Gardiner who could have provided a lot more options.

NoMore
Club Player

Actually thought Schneider was our most dangerous looking forward on the weekend. Thats how bad we were going.

I think someone mentioned Jones' efficiency being 93%.

That only means that he hit targets. It doesn't mean that the ball went to the teams advantage and it doesn't mean that the player the ball went to wasn't under pressure. It just means the ball found its target or went close.

His kicking is no good over 30 metres. Which means if he plays on the wing or in the midfield even if he gets the ball on the centre line we are still 2 kicks from goal.

For all his pace he nevers carries the ball.

I am a firm believer that we should go to an NFL Stats program and measure our stats in metres gained.

30 of Grams possessions are worth 60 of Jones'

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Jones is probably a season away from sorting out that "sloppyness" everyone seems to be referring to and tearing them up out there! He's already turning heads with what he's brought to his own game. Certainly I think he's improved ot of sight.
He found some ball on Sunday but he looked so far out of his depth, it's not funny.

I honestly believe 15 touches from Birss is worth the same as Jones's 24.

The stats reflect well on Jones, but his impact in a match is seldom felt.

I just don't feel he's a long term option.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Seems to be our problem. Nothing is ever long term or settled with us. Funny how Guerra has found himself a solid position with the Hawks but was considered a waste of space for us??

What did we get for him?? I honestly can't remember.

NoMore
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Seem to be our problem. Nothing is ever long term or settled with us. Funny how Guerra has found himself a solid position with the Hawks but was considered a waste of space for us??

Guerra was a waste of space and stilll is.

Anyone who knows anything about footy would realise that he would never have fitted into either of our coaches gameplans.

It is only coz he is at hawthorn playing space invaders that he is able to hide his disgracefull softness and not actually go near an opponent for months on end.

Mini is probably the most long teerm out of the 3 players i have mentioned. If our list was a real top 4 list Jones would never ever get a game

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Seem to be our problem. Nothing is ever long term or settled with us. Funny how Guerra has found himself a solid position with the Hawks but was considered a waste of space for us??

Guerra was a waste of space and stilll is.

Anyone who knows anything about footy would realise that he would never have fitted into either of our coaches gameplans.

It is only coz he is at hawthorn playing space invaders that he is able to hide his disgracefull softness and not actually go near an opponent for months on end.

Mini is probably the most long teerm out of the 3 players i have mentioned. If our list was a real top 4 list Jones would never ever get a game
Interesting opinion

NoMore
Club Player

And back on Guerra i know people will go but what about those bumps.

Well he delivered one of those every 12 weeks.

And anyway who is the toughest player most of us have seen.

I would say Glenn Archer and did he ever bump anyone. No he put his head over the ball.

Guerra was King Of The Squibs

Geezer
Club Player

thats not guerra at hawthorn
thats his "full head of hair" brother.
Mr. Yeah Yeah Guerra

he's been good for the hawks in a settled role

he doesnt get the distain from hawks supporters that he got from us cos he's not a standout in their team.

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
NoMore
Club Player

Geezer wrote:thats not guerra at hawthorn
thats his "full head of hair" brother.
Mr. Yeah Yeah Guerra

he's been good for the hawks in a settled role

he doesnt get the distain from hawks supporters that he got from us cos he's not a standout in their team.
He doesn't get distain from hawks supporters coz most of them are morons.

Ask most of them how Stephen Gilham or Thomas Murphy are going.

Or how Buddy does when Max plays on him and u will get the true IQ of Hawks supporters