Milney's act

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

If Milney cost a goal for that soft crap why didn't they (p#icks trying to umpire the game) award another free shot at goal kick when Blake gave a bigger shove after Johnson courageously :roll: kicked the freebie !

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

milney gets crucified time and time again

should have had an in the back in the first minute or so against scarlett (even dennis cometti thought so)

he is like about 6 other players in the comp who always get the bad decisions

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

derby Street wrote:If Milney cost a goal for that soft crap why didn't they (p#icks trying to umpire the game) award another free shot at goal kick when Blake gave a bigger shove after Johnson courageously :roll: kicked the freebie !
Because who ever Blake shoved didnt over exaggerate and if he did the umpire didnt fall for it

Meh, moving on.. was hardly the biggest worry/disappointment to come out of the game lol
We've got bigger fish to fry against the Pies

Although i am already feeling that i will be cussing the umpires as well this time next week :?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Milney's act

BigMart wrote:was possibly the most selfish thing he has done in 150 games.....now that is saying something.....
Bigmart was probably clapping the umpires decision and cheering Johnsons' goal. I feel an agenda coming on...
Last edited by sunsaint on Sun 07 Sep 2008 7:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seeya
doggerel
Club Player

I don;t have a problem with that free being paid. Sj had his back to Milne. No idea the hit was coming. Got him right in the kidneys - I don;t think he acted particularly. I think what Milne did is a pretty pointless part of the game at the best of times, and it is one thing to do it when the target sees you coming (and a free doesn;t get paid on those occasions typically) but when the guy has his back to you, well that is just plain stupid.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Rubbish free kick..was right in front of me..

SJ fealt minor contact and went into acting mode...which the umpire duly and WRONGLY rewarded.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Took a lot of courage - what milney did :roll: ...... would you accept that if you were coach....putting youself in front of the team...

I have played the game Fireman.....a lot....and at a fair level.....never had to do that though......I tried to knock people over IN PLAY....and I am not big on hitting people who have their back turned...

It was weak as piss!!!!!!

Looked weak, was undisciplined........did he need to do it!!!!!

It will be HIGHLIGHTED by the match committe.....

Blake was well within his rights to hold his ground when SJ ran at him.....max gave away a 50, at Full pace trying to spoil....

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Should have given another after the second if he was consistent
good point.

HarveysDeciple

BigMart wrote:Took a lot of courage - what milney did :roll: ...... would you accept that if you were coach....putting youself in front of the team...

I have played the game Fireman.....a lot....and at a fair level.....never had to do that though......I tried to knock people over IN PLAY....and I am not big on hitting people who have their back turned...

It was weak as piss!!!!!!

Looked weak, was undisciplined........did he need to do it!!!!!

It will be HIGHLIGHTED by the match committe.....

Blake was well within his rights to hold his ground when SJ ran at him.....max gave away a 50, at Full pace trying to spoil....
he didnt do anything even remotely worthy of a free kick.....the mistake falls at the feet of the umpire.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Rubbish free kick..was right in front of me..

SJ fealt minor contact and went into acting mode...which the umpire duly and WRONGLY rewarded.
Agree bad decision but didnt mean anything at all in the context of the game.

StSteven
Club Player

Notice that when Milney goaled not one Saints teammate went near him to congratulate him. They were pi5sed with him also. Bigger crime was going missing when it matters.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Notice that when Milney goaled not one Saints teammate went near him to congratulate him. They were pi5sed with him also. Bigger crime was going missing when it matters.
Do you actually know what the difference in the score was at that time.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

We need Guerra back to run through that prick Johnson. Great footballer, but a prick actor/diver.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
HarveysDeciple

plugger66 wrote:
StSteven wrote:Notice that when Milney goaled not one Saints teammate went near him to congratulate him. They were pi5sed with him also. Bigger crime was going missing when it matters.
Do you actually know what the difference in the score was at that time.
exactly.......a post from a non Milne fan, self confessed. Agendas come out at times like this.
were they expected to do cartwheels and high fives when we were 10 goals down? would they have done that if say Gram goaled? get real.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Possible over reaction here BigMart, much like the umpire, much like Johnson. Have a good look at it again, including the lead up. The only one highlighting this will be the umpire's advisor.

Ross Lyon will have bigger and more important things to HIGHLIGHT than this almost irrelevent incident.

barneyboyz
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:After a cat's goal (from a free - who would have thought!) he vigorously shoved Johnson in the back with his forearm, in front of the umpire. Johnson reacted as if shot but bravely fought through the pain to accept his gift.

Stupid act, one that's repeated quite often as a point-scoring exercise after a goal by many of those in defence.

Not worth a free though IMO - and hasn't been in the other 179 games played this year.

But a foolish act nevertheless.
Not such a foolish act by Milne but an "over reaction by the ump" Christ! what a load of crap, it's a frigging final for christ sake!! I was screaming for him to do a lot worst than that....too bloody soft..this Shyte

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did he elbow him in the middle of the back??????

Would love to see everyone reaction here (as one eyed as everyone is - HD)....if Millburn did that to Harvey in the GS.....come on - be HONEST!!!

answer these questions

was it,
in the back?
in play?
needed?
courageous?

How many yes???......

at least when he F***s up trying to play on and is caught or does not pass and misses a goal - it is a positive selfish......this was showing NO regard to the efforts of Lenny, Sam, Max, Harves, Blake...etc who bust their guts

doristhesaint
Club Player

Bull***t free but thats the least of our problems at the moment unfortunley.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Did he elbow him in the middle of the back??????

Would love to see everyone reaction here (as one eyed as everyone is - HD)....if Millburn did that to Harvey in the GS.....come on - be HONEST!!!

answer these questions

was it,
in the back?
in play?
needed?
courageous?

How many yes???......

at least when he F***s up trying to play on and is caught or does not pass and misses a goal - it is a positive selfish......this was showing NO regard to the efforts of Lenny, Sam, Max, Harves, Blake...etc who bust their guts
Answer this question. Did it matter?

barneyboyz
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Did he elbow him in the middle of the back??????

answer these questions

was it,
in the back?
in play?
needed?
courageous?

How many yes???......

It was just a bit of remonstrating (spelling??), you see that every game, come on admit it, there was nothing in it. If Milne misses next week for that, then I need to give the whole thing up because I thought I followed a different game

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
SainterX
Club Player

Either way, Steve Johnson will drink to that :twisted:

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
james rose
Club Player

Re: Milney's act

BigMart wrote:was possibly the most selfish thing he has done in 150 games.....now that is saying something.....
very likely that was your worst post...

milnes been awesome recently and played well in a poor team today!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Too many umpires think they are the stars.

Just another example of an umpires ego getting out of control.

Umpire in the spirit of the game you morons. Too many on the field these days. Bring back Jeff Crouch.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
MadSaintFan
Club Player

anyone who believes that was worthy of a free kick (after a goal) can stick it right up them!

what an absolutely horrendous umpring decision in a final.

fair call Mline shouldnt have been so stupid, but comon, what is our game coming too FFS.

Mooksy
Club Player

This was the worst free kick given all year. An absolute joke and to hang Milney for it is ridiculous.