Key Matchups?!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Defence

Hudghton - Johnson
Blake - Mooney
Gilbert - Lonergan
S.Fisher - Stokes
L.Fisher? - Chapman
Raph loose

Taggers/negating forward

Birss - Selwood
McQualter - Ablett
Gwilt - Mackie

Geelong defensive match ups
Ling - Dal Santo

Scarlett - Koschitzke
Taylor - Riewoldt
Milburn - C.Gardiner
Hunt - Milne
Enright - Schneider
Harley loose

Head to head

Gram vs Wojcinski
Hayes vs Bartel
King vs Ottens
Goddard vs Corey
Harvey vs Prismall

I'm actually surprised at how well we match up. If we can sustain a four quarter effort then we're half a chance.
Would like to see if Ling goes to Dal he pushes to Half forward and if he goes to Hayes Hayes then goes to Bartel and tries to create a lose man for us.
Gram to Ablett as no one else has pace and can try to make him accountable. Fisher to Lonegan run off him, Max to Mooney can get into his head, Johnson a worry , perhaps Blake better than gilbert as Gilbert been a little lose and will probably goto Stokes.

Kosi to start in Ruck and Gwilt to FF as a def forwrad on Scarlett ( ala Voss on COrnes 2004 prelim. ) Go through HArley's man a lot as he zones off , same for Makie.

Physical pressure for 120 min is required to succeed which is tough but WHY NOT?
Please no to Kosi starting in the ruck. Will not happen epecially since King is against his old side in a final. Most of the other moves will happen.

StSteven
Club Player

I have just watched the Round 4 match and feel sick. If they are better now as most say they are we have little chance. Their efficiency with the ball is awesome and their speed!

I had been remembering the match through rose coloured glasses. We were not as inaccurate as the scores suggest. A couple of those points wre rushed or impossible shots. Most set shots we nailed. They smashed us after half time. Taylor was on Roo not Harley as even commentator was saying.

Their backline go to whoever is nearest as the come streaming back from up the ground. Scarlet starts many of their runs.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Do you ever give us a chance StSteven?

All week so far, all you've done is talk about the Cats in awe, as if they are some mythical, legendary monster.

They CAN be beaten.

Fair dinkum.

yipper
SS Life Member

n1ck wrote:Do you ever give us a chance StSteven?

All week so far, all you've done is talk about the Cats in awe, as if they are some mythical, legendary monster.

They CAN be beaten.

Fair dinkum.
Been the most negative, doomsayer on here for ages!! Every other teams players are better than ours, and Geelong is just superb in his eyes.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Now that the final teams are in this is what is how I think the teams will line up:

B: Xavier Clarke, Sam Gilbert, Max Hudghton
F: Travis Varcoe, Tom Lonergan, Steve Johnson

HB: Sam Fisher, Jason Blake, Jason Gram
HF: Paul Chapman, Cameron Mooney, Mathew Stokes

C: Nick Dal Santo, Brendon Goddard, Leigh Montagna
C: Cameron Ling, Jimmy Bartel, Joel Corey

HF: James Gwilt, Nick Riewoldt, Robert Harvey
HB: Andrew Mackie, Harry Taylor, Tom Harley

F: Stephen Milne, Justin Koschitzke, Adam Schneider
B: Josh Hunt, Matthew Scarlett, Corey Enright

Foll: Steven King, Lenny Hayes, Andrew McQualter
Foll: Brad Ottens, Joel Selwood, Gary Ablett