Kosi form a concern

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't Kosi our best player vs Brisbane and Kangaroos a little while back......why are memories so short on saintsational....

People comparing Gwilt to Hamill....after a couple of solid games

People bag the hell out of Dal....he is in the top 4 of every stat (hardball gets, tackles inc) because he should be better....

Raph Clarke, Jason Blake are either heroes or villians, depending on the week......

Kosi is lacking fitness, confidence and form (as Raph, Gilbo, Goose and Dal were)....but players do not lose ability....

He is 6'5+
is an outstanding contested mark - possibly the best in the AFL
can kick both sides

but has lost his greatest strength - mobility

Sobraz
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Wasn't Kosi our best player vs Brisbane and Kangaroos a little while back......why are memories so short on saintsational....

People bag the hell out of Dal....he is in the top 4 of every stat (hardball gets, tackles inc) because he should be better....

Raph Clarke, Jason Blake are either heroes or villians, depending on the week......

Kosi is lacking fitness, confidence and form (as Raph, Gilbo, Goose and Dal were)....but players do not lose ability....

He is 6'5+
can kick both sides

immediate ban bigmart for making sense..... mods....

kaos theory
Club Player

Wasn't Kosi our best player vs Brisbane and Kangaroos a little while back......why are memories so short on saintsational....

He is 6'5+
can kick both sides

Finally, some sanity in the debate.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

kosi has hit a dry spell and he looks extreemly frustrated im sure he is as critical of himself as most people of his form but hes just got to work through it its the kind of thing where hes just gotta keep on keeping on and persist and it will happen , Kosi is a good player and good players do have form slumps but its the great players who can fight their way out of the form slumps ... kosi keep you chin up mate keep working hard and the results will come !!

Bernard Shakey - seriously i wonder if you support this club or not kosi is far from a dud ...Delany was a dud ... Monkhurst was a dud ... Brooks was a dud ... Ferg is a dud ..... Kosi is NOT a dud

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Sobraz
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Batnoe wrote:I rate Kosi, he hasnt had the best year but is super important to our teams structure

I still noted he jumped into the pack more than twice in the game that brought the ball to the ground.

You guys need to wake up..
very true... providing a contest is something many big players in the AFL get lauded for, but Kosi is judged on possessions only.. :roll:

Clearly the kid is struggling.... This is when parasitic supporters thrive on bringing him down even further... There are clearly posters on this forum (who only ever post negative comments, oh, and training reports, which are also negative regarding Kosi) who are blind to Kosi's value in our side...

KPP are hard to come by, even ones of poor quaility... Trading Kosi for a mid or draft pick would leave a gapping hole in our structure, let alone our teams spirit, and risks the probabilty of him turning it around and hitting his straps again...

All in all, his season hasnt been too bad, and he has filled gaps anywhere.. He is struggling at the moment, but we are in finals now, and he has a great opportunity to raise his level in the next few weeks....
I have never mentioned trading......

my thread is all about his current form and what is best for the team

I really do think he is under the microscope re his imput and ability to do so right now.........

hence my original post

Is he in our best 22 at the moment not on his potential if fit.

MUST PLAY FIT PLAYERS IN FINALS
all true chook, and i was not having a go at your original post... it is close to the money...

Im fed up with the same posters who have an agenda against Kos, who clearly isnt as bad as they make out... He is struggling now, but he has been good at times this year... If it is a fitness issue it must be considered, but given that, I'd prefer a half fit kosi then our other options atm anyhow..

chook23
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:

He is 6'5+
can kick both sides

Finally, some sanity in the debate.
What is wrong with the original post.................fact.............he is struggling bigtime

no mobility............unfit............his biggest assest as mrntioned contested marking.............is struggling to get to the contest to compete and if he does cannot jump due to his knee

impact on game very low

surely he is under the microscope when it comes to selection especially in finals

injury and finals been there before.

saint4life
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
BigMart wrote:Wasn't Kosi our best player vs Brisbane and Kangaroos a little while back......why are memories so short on saintsational....

He is 6'5+
can kick both sides

agree. immediate ban for being sensible.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

He is 6'5+
can kick both sides

agree. immediate ban for being sensible.
:roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

what is kosi? contested marks are not really an important part of the game anymore. Kosi would have been an absolute superstar in the 70s and 80s. No doubt.

Just not sure what he provides now? a little short for rucking and not mobile enough to play forward or back...

where does he actually fit in?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:what is kosi? contested marks are not really an important part of the game anymore. Kosi would have been an absolute superstar in the 70s and 80s. No doubt.

Just not sure what he provides now? a little short for rucking and not mobile enough to play forward or back...

where does he actually fit in?
he creates an option at the moment his form is down but when our mids bring the ball into the forward line they have the option kick it to Roo or Kosi without Kosi Roo gets double teamed even if he isnt the prime target because his past perfromance Kosi cannot be ignored in the forward line and coaches know this so it takes heat off Roo

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Duggie1
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Give him one more year if he shows nothing im afraid its time to delist him
I agree i dont think hes interested it looks like he dosent enjoy hes footy
There's a "delist" mania abroad among our supporters lately but this one is way off the beam. He showed this so-called disinterest even when he was at the top of his form. :lol:

Always a Saint
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Duggie1 wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Give him one more year if he shows nothing im afraid its time to delist him
I agree i dont think hes interested it looks like he dosent enjoy hes footy
There's a "delist" mania abroad among our supporters lately but this one is way off the beam. He showed this so-called disinterest even when he was at the top of his form. :lol:
funny west coast ppl used to say the same thing about G looking dissinterested only to trade him and see him star with us ... can anyone else see the same thing happening if we move kosi on ?!?! Kosi is required (hes not untradeable if the right offer comes but he is still a required palyer ) there would be about 12 players who i would delist befor i looked at Kosi to delist