A spooky feeling this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: A spooky feeling this week

Eastern wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Only feel this way a few times a year
The next time you will have a "spooky feeling" will be when you look into your wallet after being to Livewire on Sunday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: !!
So Mass is on again in livewire this week Father Eastern?

Let me guess I provide the holy water and you take up the collection :roll: :wink: :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Fri 22 Aug 2008 6:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:We will not win it on emotion....that is a load of crap. We will win it if we are the better team. I will be nervous until the end.
Know where you are coming from but emotion has a role in any sporting contest...it just needs to be controlled and used the right way...

After a couple of hickups the boys will be very determined to send Harves off properly once and for all...

But you are spot on re having to play well to beat this very professional mob.... :roll:

Emotion can drive and motivate and I'm hoping it will be the difference in a tight one 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Baldock Rules
Club Player

Think the difference this time Steven is that it is the official Harvey Tribute game.

Time to take no prisoners.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

On both occasions we either lost or nearly lost against clearly inferior opposition simply because of lack of effort.
R u serious superboot??? Clearly inferior opposition???? Crikeys.....get a clue mate and ditch the rose coloured glasses. :roll: :roll: :roll:

ctqs
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:You can't imagine a single occasion - in many years - that would motivate the Saints more than this week.

Wouldn't just do absolutely everything, every contest, just for Harves?

I know I would.

And to see all the other players there... you really get a sense of the history and culture of the club, it's soul.

I can't imagine us losing this one.
With the greatest respect to my all-time favourite player, the players should have enough incentive to win with a spot in the finals up for grabs. My concern is there'll be TOO much emotion and not enough focus on the job at hand. Apart from the obvious distraction, it can get ugly if the opposition gets a couple of early goals and our bubble goes flat.
I remember out last game at Moorabbin in 92 when we were flying. We should've belted Fitzroy, and even though we won, we struggled. Plugger had to be dragged for fighting too much, even by his lofty standards, if I remember rightly.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:
markinUSA wrote:You can't imagine a single occasion - in many years - that would motivate the Saints more than this week.

I know I would.

And to see all the other players there... you really get a sense of the history and culture of the club, it's soul.

With the greatest respect to my all-time favourite player, the players should have enough incentive to win with a spot in the finals up for grabs. My concern is there'll be TOO much emotion and not enough focus on the job at hand. Apart from the obvious distraction, it can get ugly if the opposition gets a couple of early goals and our bubble goes flat.
I remember out last game at Moorabbin in 92 when we were flying. We should've belted Fitzroy, and even though we won, we struggled. Plugger had to be dragged for fighting too much, even by his lofty standards, if I remember rightly.
I have to agree, anything with a big build up we are struggling with....

kalsaint
Club Player

I know I would.

I think that Harves penultimate game should serve as something to really play for but I would hope that the Saints could win without this if they are to play in finals later.

Lets face it, we need to build a culture of winning without out special weekly milestones.

As far as beating Adelaide, thay have a great record against us even at TD and seem to work out a defense against our tall forward options once they close down the midfield. Effort needs to be sustained to protect players to ensure good forward delivery if we are to win.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Nice Aspidites johnpeterbudgefanclub :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
kalsaint
Club Player

Hope this is true

aussiejones wrote:Harvey factor ..... In the past they havent come up on milestone days .

I think they will start slowly even nervously after the fanfare at the beginning . Adelaide will be up by 2-3 goals at the end of the 1st.

we will hold them in the 2nd then in the 3rd pull away......but it wont be as easy as last week.

Saints to Win by 4 points .

Adelaide will target Milne for some treatment.

My dejavu
Hope this rings true except Milne being hurt from being a target. :wink:

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Well done...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!