Sorry to be a killjoy but…….

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HarveysDeciple

Ros Lyon wrote: I put this plan forward because at the moment St kilda are not getting anywhere. Everyone is already saying that we are the new Richmond, and guess what, they are correct. We are heading for our second mid table finish in a row. You may be happy with that but I'm not. I would prefer to finish in the bottom 4 for a few years and pick uo some good drat picks rather than finish mid table for a few years and get nothing. Under Lyon unfortunately, that is exactly where we are heading.
who is saying we are the new richmond?

Never heard that one.

Ros Lyon
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote:
Ros Lyon wrote: FFS, you guys are acting like clowns just because someone comes up with a different idea to yours. :roll:
Not acting like, reacting to one.

So this is your master plan, strip the list so we cannot win games and bottom out for 3 or 4 years? This will work because...??? Is this what Geelong did or Port or Sydney or West Coast? Forget hard work, forget team plans, forget sponsors, forget supporters, forget team harmony, forget that you'll put four or five years of some of our best players' careers on the scrap heap because if we get 4 or 5 top 5 draft picks we'll be guaranteed a flag. Stupid, inane thinking!

& you are suggesting throwing games because if you don't have the list to win games because you've deliberately cut it then you are throwing them and any modicum of respect the club may have out the window.

Carlton will love you, enjoy their next flag which by your reasoning should be next year. They are a long way off.
Where did I say we will be guranted a flag? We will be challenging for a flag. Geelong did not have to do this because they exploited the Father Son rule. They basically swapped 5 round 4 picks for 3 number 1 picks and 2 second round picks. If you can't figure out what I mean I'll explain it full for you. :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Ros Lyon wrote:Where did I say we will be guranted a flag? We will be challenging for a flag. Geelong did not have to do this because they exploited the Father Son rule. They basically swapped 5 round 4 picks for 3 number 1 picks and 2 second round picks. If you can't figure out what I mean I'll explain it full for you. :roll:
You mean like how Hawkins and N Ablett have been so instrumental in their winning of the flag???

How are they travelling this year.

They got Scarlett and G Ablett from F/S. What about the rest of the list?

Fair Dinkum what a pathetic halfwit you are Nexus/DDC City West :roll:

You were going to piss off and support Essendon when you were Nexus Nick. Why dont you do it like you said.

Looks as though I will have to get you banned once more.

Oh well another PM from you as usual.

You are one sick cabbage Nexus :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sorry to be a killjoy but…….

Ros Lyon wrote:By making the top 8 this year we are shooting ourselves in the foot!! Let’s face it, we no longer have the team to beat Geelong, actually, nobody does. That being the case, I think we would be better off rebuilding our list, (TANKING).

1. De-list players that are not good enough to win us a flag, (there would be at least 6 of them).
2. Trade a couple of good but older type players, (over the age of 28) that would have good value in order to get some early draft picks, (early second round at least).

By doing the above, I admit there would be some pain, probably 3 to 4 years in the bottom 4 type of pain actually. However, this is part of the plan and really, there is no other way. While we are down there we need to pick up as many top 5 picks as we can, preferably at least 5.

This whole process would probably take 5 years in order for us to again challenge for a premiership. This would give our current stars another shot at a premiership. The likes of Roey, Kosi, Ball, Clarke x 2 Goddard, Gram, Monty, Fisher, S Gilbert etc etc, would still be young enough.

I know that Lyon would never do this because it would mean that he would probably lose his job but my fear is that while he is coach St Kilda will keep finishing between 7th – 10th each year and never really challenge. Then by the time we eventually go down to the bottom and come back up again, it will be too late for most of the players that I have mentioned above.

Does anyone agree with me?

Please discuss.
One would hope no one agrees with your nonsense

what a flowing stupid post??
De-list players that are not good enough to win us a flag, (there would be at least 6 of them).
DELIST AT LEAST 6 PLAYERS...

and in your thoughts the next 6 we pick up would be good enough??

Trade a couple of good but older type players, (over the age of 28) that would have good value in order to get some early draft picks, (early second round at least).
Early second round (at least) :lol: :lol:

Just who???

I would love to call you an imbecile, but apparently there rules of even calling the obvious one :roll:

Shame really

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Ros Lyon wrote: If you can't figure out what I mean I'll explain it full for you. :roll:
Please do explain it for me but before you do that please explain that last sentence, it's a beauty.

What would be the point of embarking on this ridiculous 4 year 'tanking' plan of yours if we weren't guaranteed a flag? Your plan is to rip the soul out of the club, jeopardise (by stalling) the careers of some players you deem worthy of hanging around and playing for themselves because they would not be playing for finals or a shot at a flag, beg for dollars and hand-outs all on the premise that 4 or 5 18 to 22 year olds might be good enough to put us in contention. Great plan!!!

Now you endeavoured to explain away Geelong's success and were found wanting. I can understand why you didn't embarrass yourself and explain the Sydney, Port and West Coast flags.

Enjoy cheering on Fev through to 2013 whilst trying to figure out why the Blues have still not won a flag under your master plan.

Ros Lyon
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Ros Lyon wrote:Where did I say we will be guranted a flag? We will be challenging for a flag. Geelong did not have to do this because they exploited the Father Son rule. They basically swapped 5 round 4 picks for 3 number 1 picks and 2 second round picks. If you can't figure out what I mean I'll explain it full for you. :roll:
You mean like how Hawkins and N Ablett have been so instrumental in their winning of the flag???

You were going to piss off and support Essendon when you were Nexus Nick. Why dont you do it like you said.

Whatha?

Ros Lyon
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote:
Ros Lyon wrote: If you can't figure out what I mean I'll explain it full for you. :roll:
Please do explain it for me but before you do that please explain that last sentence, it's a beauty.
What would be the point of embarking on this ridiculous 4 year 'tanking' plan of yours if we weren't guaranteed a flag? Your plan is to rip the soul out of the club, jeopardise (by stalling) the careers of some players you deem worthy of hanging around and playing for themselves because they would not be playing for finals or a shot at a flag, beg for dollars and hand-outs all on the premise that 4 or 5 18 to 22 year olds might be good enough to put us in contention. Great plan!!!

Now you endeavoured to explain away Geelong's success and were found wanting. I can understand why you didn't embarrass yourself and explain the Sydney, Port and West Coast flags.

Enjoy cheering on Fev through to 2013 whilst trying to figure out why the Blues have still not won a flag under your master plan.
That was a typo, it should have said...

If you can't figure out what I mean I'll explain it in full for you.

Ros Lyon
Club Player

Ros Lyon wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Whatha?
PM - is that Project Manager? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I'd rather than be last or second last than 7th or 8th - SO LONG AS YOU SPENT THAT WHOLE YEAR DEVELOPING KIDS TO PLAY IN THE NEXT PREMIERSHIP.

Finishing 9-11th is no mans land as far as football is concered. You don't get the best picks and you don't get finals football.

So where we are, right now, I'd rather make the finals and throw our hat into the ring.
aside from attacking ros lyon. the point is we are stuck in no-mans land 7-10th. and where is our improvement coming from?

we are in trouble in the medium to long term unless we start getting some kids that really can play. Right now im worried. we should be challenging every year. screw the draft. you can still get good players with lower picks.

who is our new recruitment guy?? he needs to perform.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

who is our new recruitment guy?? he needs to perform.
Peake has only had the one draft so far.

So far it is looking ok to me.
** His first two picks in Ben and Steven look the goods
** Too eraly to say on Eljay, butr he is under age and a late term pick and so would always have been intended to bea late bloomer.

Rookie wise..

** Chivers has been a disappointment as he has had "attitude" problems and has been dispensed with
** Miles looks good, but has developed shin splints due to getting heavier through more muscle.

Also of particular note is that last years recruits all seem to have good kicking skills, which cannot be said of most of the draft picks in previous years. poor kicking skills is one of our biggest problems at present as too many of our players have below average kicking ability.

Lyon would have decided on getting GTrain back....and most likely had the call too on Schneider (who will be worth his trade pick, even without Dempster).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....