Who should the #35 be handed onto ....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Seriously doubt Connor will play football at AFL level - he is more basketball orientated - but dont you all think that the kid needs to grow up as his destiny predicts not as we wish he would - even if it is a way of healing the rift Rob is going to leave.

Even if he does play - there will NEVER be a fitness freak or more determined player to play AFL. The attributes of RH are personality not skill - he not only made 110% of his talent - the old war horse got 200% out of what he has. NO-ONE else will ever match that
Well, I'd have to say that Gary Ablett Jr has done a mighty fine job...I could only imagine the pressure on him. It's just Connor Harvey gets mentioned so regularly on here, I wondered whether the li'l fella was even interested in footy!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

degruch - you cannot mention Ablett snr and Robert in the same breath. Both had talent - one was a prima donna and only used his talent - one is a master of his talent, a person who left nothing in the tank.

We all love Harvey - but in truth he could have only been an average footballer - the difference was effort and love - Harvey loves his football - football loved Gablett

saintly_safes
Club Player

Should never be given out . Should be retired along side the great man & when he meets his maker then maybe & even then just maybe think about it then.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Retire it for as many games as Harvey ends up playing in it (hoping 7 more)!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Retire it for as many games as Harvey ends up playing in it (hoping 7 more)!
retire it for as many games as harvs ends up playing.

then in 20 years when i'm an ancient old dude, give it to someone who deserves it.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Retire it for one year at least