harvey made GT cry

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:he made GT cry . awwwwwww
how sweet so Gt was soo moved he decided he would exit harves out ????

GT loves st kilda soooooo much .... he took them to court ......
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Careful not to let the facts get in the way of a popular footy myth.
Where's the myth there Rodge?
The facts on that matter, are that every player was metaphorically pushed out the door, and needed to convince the club that they should come back in.

Not vice versa.

It's actually the correct stance that should be taken by every club, every year. Regardless of who the player is.

The heat that GT copped over that was wrong.

His wording could have been better for the morons out there who hang on that sort of thing, but the actual stance was completely correct.

You do not want to beg guys to stay at the club. They need to convince the club they want to and should be there.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

GT made me cry when he stated his appointment was a sham, and he still sought fit to sue the club :shock:

But Gt's gone now... so I'll move on :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

The facts on that matter, are that every player was metaphorically pushed out the door, and needed to convince the club that they should come back in.

Not vice versa.

It's actually the correct stance that should be taken by every club, every year. Regardless of who the player is.

His wording could have been better for the morons out there who hang on that sort of thing, but the actual stance was completely correct.

You do not want to beg guys to stay at the club. They need to convince the club they want to and should be there.
Surely you re-read that before posting... You honestly believe that every player has to earn thier stripes every year or their out the door... And particularly Harvs...Metaphorically... Come on....

Harvs clearly doesnt play favourites, and keeps quite on all political things with the saints, but his reference to Grant as 'just a past coach' when talking about GT and Derm comments earlier this year puts GT in his place...

Your faith is blind Rodge... GT has made alot of mistakes since his sacking.. Since... His tenure is an argument for another day...

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Not vice versa.

Surely you re-read that before posting... You honestly believe that every player has to earn thier stripes every year or their out the door... And particularly Harvs...Metaphorically... Come on....

Harvs clearly doesnt play favourites, and keeps quite on all political things with the saints, but his reference to Grant as 'just a past coach' when talking about GT and Derm comments earlier this year puts GT in his place...

Your faith is blind Rodge... GT has made alot of mistakes since his sacking.. Since... His tenure is an argument for another day...
A couple of things....

Absolutely everyone needs to convince the club they want to be there.

Absolutely, categorically.

It's not so much 'earning your stripes'. It's more a case of the player convincing the club, as opposed to the club needing to convince the player.

A player like Harves, at that time, absolutely needed to convince the club that he really wanted to go on for another year. I highly doubt the club would have needed much convincing, however I'd far prefer that he be the one wanting 'in', as opposed to the club begging him to play on.

Secondly, I have no faith. I couldn't care less about GT - he's gone. Has been for years. Why people, 2 years on, are still going on about him is just amazing.

However when people trot out incorrect footy myths, I like to pull them up on them.

And I'll continue to do so.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:... You honestly believe that every player has to earn thier stripes every year or their out the door... And particularly Harvs...Metaphorically... Come on....

Do you think the club should be begging Harves to play on in 2009?

Do you think Ross Lyon has? Do you think Lyon has asked him to continue?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Not vice versa.

A couple of things....

Absolutely everyone needs to convince the club they want to be there.

Absolutely, categorically.

It's not so much 'earning your stripes'. It's more a case of the player convincing the club, as opposed to the club needing to convince the player.

A player like Harves, at that time, absolutely needed to convince the club that he really wanted to go on for another year. I highly doubt the club would have needed much convincing, however I'd far prefer that he be the one wanting 'in', as opposed to the club begging him to play on.

Secondly, I have no faith. I couldn't care less about GT - he's gone. Has been for years. Why people, 2 years on, are still going on about him is just amazing.

However when people trot out incorrect footy myths, I like to pull them up on them.

And I'll continue to do so.
I'll actually agree with you on this one Rodge.

For too many years, the tails have wagged the dog at our club. Players like Lockett, Winmar etc. We had to beg them to stay for fear that the club would fold without them.

Either they want to stay... or see ya.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Sobraz wrote:... You honestly believe that every player has to earn thier stripes every year or their out the door... And particularly Harvs...Metaphorically... Come on....

Do you think the club should be begging Harves to play on in 2009?

Do you think Ross Lyon has? Do you think Lyon has asked him to continue?
I dont think the club has asked Harvs to continue, as no pressure should be put on him...

In this case, it truely is His call... If he wanted to play on, we'd be crazy not to run with it.... Im sure Ross thinks the same... He's sure to be top 5 B&F this year, why wouldnt he....

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

In this case, it truely is His call... If he wanted to play on, we'd be crazy not to run with it.... Im sure Ross thinks the same... He's sure to be top 5 B&F this year, why wouldnt he....
You don't think we'd be crazy not to make him convince the club he genuinely wants to play on?

I think we would.

I think we would be with anyone on the list.

The culture has to be that 'you are blessed to be playing for St Kilda. If you don't want to be here, then seeya'.

No player, I don't care who they are, should be on our list unless they have 100% convinced the club that they want to be.

bob__71
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

You don't think we'd be crazy not to make him convince the club he genuinely wants to play on?

I think we would.

I think we would be with anyone on the list.

The culture has to be that 'you are blessed to be playing for St Kilda. If you don't want to be here, then seeya'.

No player, I don't care who they are, should be on our list unless they have 100% convinced the club that they want to be.
Well I disagree Rodger....and I think GT does also....I was really glad GT and the team convinced GTrain to stay on a yearly basis...and the same with Aussie for a few years there...Every player is an individual and needs to be trated differently...GT did that...

One thing Rodge you just dont seem to get was that GT was a people manipulation man....and he was damn good at it....he had basically our current list convinced that they were supermen....problem was they wernt...and they kept getting injured....mind you they were good to watch

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:
Well I disagree Rodger....and I think GT does also....I was really glad GT and the team convinced GTrain to stay on a yearly basis...and the same with Aussie for a few years there...Every player is an individual and needs to be trated differently...GT did that...
My mail is that isn't actually what happened.

During the year, as players went through flat spots he obviously tried to 'pep them up'.

However at year's end, noone was convinced to stay on.

Also, you'll that that was why Aussie retired early. He wasn't able to convince the club that he could get through another season.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:GT was a people manipulation man....and he was damn good at it....he had basically our current list convinced that they were supermen
he was, he did, and he had the rest of the competition believing it for a while too.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

"I think I got inside and I think I helped him with some very delicate issues as well. I'd like to think I was a major influence and big help in his life."

A major influence? :roll: :roll: Geeze thank god GT came along or Banger would have been hopeless.....??????????

I think this quote reveals a lot about GT's ego.

Any player, and any coach gets reviewed each and every year, and so they should. That goes without saying.

But GT's infamous "Exiting out" comments on Banger were a disgrace and the the time and quite rightly GT had to quickly retract them.

Time has also proven his "exiting out " comments were also way too premature...as the end was not nigh.

I would also not hold GT out as being a model of not wanting to convince players to play on when they had decided not too....or are people forgetting the public bake he gave Penny when Penny said that his knee was no longer up to it?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
But GT's infamous "Exiting out" comments on Banger were a disgrace and the the time and quite rightly GT had to quickly retract them.
I don't think he retracted them.

He just had to clarify them, because the morons came out in force due to the exacy wording of what was said. As opposed to the intent.

bob__71
Club Player

Rodger do you remember the snake story in Natural Born Killers...GT was/is good at what he does....keep your mind open Rodger and you may learn a thing or two.....believe you know everything and you will never learn a thing.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Rodger do you remember the snake story in Natural Born Killers...GT was/is good at what he does....keep your mind open Rodger and you may learn a thing or two.....believe you know everything and you will never learn a thing.
GT's gone.

My mail wasn't from GT.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure the quality of Harv's would bring a tear to many a Saints fan..ex coaches and all

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

He just had to clarify them, because the morons came out in force due to the exacy wording of what was said. As opposed to the intent.
Amazing how the zealots will not believe their god is fallable....clarify them? Yes believe that if you choose to.

GT stuffed up big time and had to back down and went into spin overtime to try and extract his foot from his mouth.

And all those morons (which at that time was about every St Kilda supporter minus it would appear one RF and maybe a select few others) were appalled at the way Banger was belittled by GT at the time with his comments.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Amazing how the zealots will not believe their god is fallable....clarify them? Yes believe that if you choose to.

GT stuffed up big time and had to back down and went into spin overtime to try and extract his foot from his mouth.

And all those morons (which at that time was about every St Kilda supporter minus it would appear one RF and maybe a select few others) were appalled at the way Banger was belittled by GT at the time with his comments.
Not only that comment... but add the umpire spray... what he said about Caro... How he came out and said his appointment process was a sham... He has a track record of making stupid comments.

JeffDunne

I really wish people wouldn't bring Robert Harvey into these petty squabbles.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Yep, as I said - morons.

bob__71
Club Player

Rodger, Do you really believe that you are better than most everyone else as much as your posts would have us believe?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Rodger, Do you really believe that you are better than most everyone else as much as your posts would have us believe?
It depends on what you mean by 'most'.

No, but seriously I don't think I'm better than anyone else.

I just think some people's opinions are wrong. And I think alot of people are morons.

Doesn't mean I don't think that I have moronic tendancies either though.

bob__71
Club Player

It does mean you are very judgemental....and it explains why you make friends so easily :?

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: And I think alot of people are morons.
'A lot' is two words Rodge.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:It does mean you are very judgemental....and it explains why you make friends so easily :?
If it's judemental to think the footy public are morons, and that as footy followers you need to work hard to prove to me that you don't fit that mould - then yes, I am judemental.

If you care what I think of you and your opinions based on an internet, anonymous forum, then you need to get fair dinkum.