Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

oh yeah drop him totally what is needed.
lets drop king as well he had a off day.
how about

BJ,
dempster
ffs he is crook give the guy a f****** break

Solar
Saintsational Legend

had a shocker of a first half but redeamed himself with some lovely runs out of defence. Not sure when ross will relise that gilbert is actuallly a tall bloke who could play Key back and Goddard is a HBF/Winger who is at his best running the lines and kicking long.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Washedup wrote:As poor a game i have seen from BJ for some time. He just seemed like a fustrated man today. He wears his heart on his sleeve and it got the best of him, i would have liked to see RL move him fwd because it got to the stage where you were cringing whenever the ball was anywhere near his opponent. Picked it up like a champ in the last qtr though

Didn't see the first 2 quaters and a half but in the final 10 mins of the third and the final quater Goddard was brilliant!!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Worst game in a long time for BJ IMO...

Will be back, however his passion is seeming to be more of a liability rather than asset...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

For those calling for BJ to be moved forward/middle is that two coaches have now played him in the backline. So what is it that they see in his game/attitude/persona that keeps him down there?

Seeya
maverick
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:For those calling for BJ to be moved forward/middle is that two coaches have now played him in the backline. So what is it that they see in his game/attitude/persona that keeps him down there?
Maybe the fact we have no tall defenders whatsoever :shock:

He started down back, on the flank, to learn the game, and he keeps drifting further and further back to bigger and bigger opponents.

Get him back up the ground running...

The Sainter
Club Player

Are some people blind on this forum saying Goddard played a bad game? He would have been one of our 3 best players in the first quarter for sure and was very unlucky in some of the umpiring decisions that went against him. In the last quarter when the pressure was on he was very good in defence showing great determination and helped repel them a few times.
He is one of the best kicks to position in the comp and always shows a passion with his attack on the opposition though sometimes he tries too hard and pays for it.
We have some players who although skillful do not want to put their body on the line and go in hard to help out. Get off Goddard's back, he sometimes makes mistakes but will always give you 100% effort for the Saints every time.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

is wasted as a defender I think, but as pointed out earler- lack of other options at present.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I thought his efforts to actually attack and win the footy against 3 Port opponents in the last was a pivotal moment in the game......if thatd had gotten through the wholeground was open for Port...Goddard won that with some smart play.

I too would like to see him midfield/fwd of centre but today with Max out we needed him to help out back there.

We really need another defender desperately.

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Not sure when ross will relise that gilbert is actuallly a tall bloke who could play Key back and Goddard is a HBF/Winger who is at his best running the lines and kicking long.
agree. i'd be looking at gilbert as full back and release bj to where he can do some damage.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Teflon wrote:I thought his efforts to actually attack and win the footy against 3 Port opponents in the last was a pivotal moment in the game......if thatd had gotten through the wholeground was open for Port...Goddard won that with some smart play.

I too would like to see him midfield/fwd of centre but today with Max out we needed him to help out back there.

We really need another defender desperately.
Agreed on both points. Goddards' efforts in the last quarter were substantial.
When allowed to play the loose sweeping roll he plays good footy.
We should offer anything to ess for Patty Ryder, or find someone of his calibre with years ahead of him.

Seeya