Ideal result for final 6 games.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Looking through our fixture, on paper we've certainly got the opportunity to get as high as 4th.

BUT

A month a footy has put our season back on track... but even now our consistency is not at the level where we should be getting ahead of ourselves. The Saints have earned 7th spot, nothing more as yet.

Nearly every game is a "danger game". Obviously, Collingwood at their home ground, and who knows which Collingwood arrives to play that night.

Adelaide losing their forward line is big, but they've still got quality in that list.

Port is a bogey side, Fremantle and St Kilda have a history of playing close matches, Essendon is playing much better football than when we met them previously.

Which leaves West Coast, at Subi... they've been woeful this year and appear to be tanking, but I won't relax about even this weeks game until we're making it about an opportunity for percentage rather than a dogfight.

2 trips to subi, one truly weak team, 4 danger games and one real test. It's an opportunity to gain momentum, hit the finals in form, and possibly with a double chance.

I don't know how many chickens we've got yet.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

If we are fairdinkum, we can win all of them.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Batnoe

I just made a bet with a Lions fan that we will finish higher than them on the ladder

It is only a nice steak for lunch, but i think we can finish fourth, we could also finish 10th, so this lunch is a fair way away so far, we need to win the next 6

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The interstate teams are a shadow fo their former selves. Essendon is beatable. Much like Carlton.

Only danger I see is the Pies... and maybe Freeo

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
marksnsparks
Club Player

I don't think we should worry about who we're playing to be honest. If we play like we did in the second half of the Hawks game we can beat anyone including Geelong.

If we can't beat some of the rabble we play in the next 6 weeks we don't deserve finals footy. Freo WC and Port are basket cases and the bummers have 26 fit players. There's 4 games that are shoe-ins.

Gilbert=Legend

It would be good to play Geelong in the first week as we would lose and not have to play them until the grand final, if we make it, and would play either dogs or hawks in the prelim. Better chance to play them in the prelim than geelong

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

So no advocates for tanking?

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
starsign
Club Player

lets just take it one week at a time ...win them all and finish 4th

as i posted after the brisbane debarcle and peeps were wondering if we could still make the finals or should we tank for the last crack at decent draft picks for a while.....

start winning a few , get a few back from injury and you never know . footys a funny game ...we could make the 8 and you never know , some of the top sides could have stars injured and we could have all ours back and playing well at the right time...

nothings changed !!!!!

now its keep winning ,,make the top 4 and who knows what fate has in store ...the cats could have 4 or 5 stars out by then and we could have a near full list and fully firing
footys a funny game and we are overdue for fate to deal us a good hand in these matters